Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 12th January 2015, 15:25   #1
Ennine
Posted a thing or two

Ford

Default Poweramp and other players

Having read reports and reviews on this forum regarding Poweramp, I installed it on my Nav'2. Seems good, shows album art and file selection is simple but I don't seem to be able to find how to close it down. I've done some searching on the 'net and found some suggestions about long presses and things but none of them seem to do the job. I can pause it and close it but it appears that the app is still running. Am I missing something or is there a better alternative? I drag and drop my files onto an sd card so I don't need anything too fancy, music and album art, of course.

Nige

How to: Replace touch screen Navall II

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ennine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2015, 06:42   #2
Kennyeth
This is my second home

No more Rover

Thanked 1,308 Times in 998 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennine View Post
Having read reports and reviews on this forum regarding Poweramp, I installed it on my Nav'2. Seems good, shows album art and file selection is simple but I don't seem to be able to find how to close it down. I've done some searching on the 'net and found some suggestions about long presses and things but none of them seem to do the job. I can pause it and close it but it appears that the app is still running. Am I missing something or is there a better alternative? I drag and drop my files onto an sd card so I don't need anything too fancy, music and album art, of course.

Nige
I`ve just looked on mine Nige and your right it still runs in background even when you stop the song/music from playing and then press home screen. I think the only way to stop it all together will be going into apps in settings and force stop.
I am going to install P/Amp on my Nexus 7 later today and see if it behaves the same.
Ken.
Kennyeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2015, 06:53   #3
Ennine
Posted a thing or two

Ford

Thanks for that Ken.
It doesn't really make sense and it may not be real issue but I like things to turn off, when I turn them off!! I'm going to install Gonemad and give that a try.
I do quite like the look and feel of Poweramp though.

Nige

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last edited by Ennine; 13th January 2015 at 06:55..
Old 13th January 2015, 08:37   #4
Kennyeth
This is my second home

No more Rover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennine View Post
Thanks for that Ken.
It doesn't really make sense and it may not be real issue but I like things to turn off, when I turn them off!! I'm going to install Gonemad and give that a try.
I do quite like the look and feel of Poweramp though.

Nige
I put it on my Nexus 7 just a few minutes ago in case I forgot later (memory chip in head failing)
It behaves just the same on the N7 tablet as on the Nav 2, still running in background so I think it`s just somthing we will have to live with.
There are apps that could close things for you (sound like Winston Wolfe ) also the Nav 2 can close it in settings, which you are probably aware. If you are happy with the player I would not "worry" about it but if you do find anything good give me a shout on here as I`m always seeking out the "good stuff"
Ken.
Old 13th January 2015, 09:48   #5
theridler
Gets stuck in

ZT-T+ CDTi '54 reg

Thanks for these posts... it's been bugging me - the lack of info. when music is playing on H/U... I did install poweramp a while back but as you say - my memory chip is failing also .
I'll pursue it further ...
I remember now! I installed it but didn't get to the bottom of getting it to behave as the default music player... as in operating in background with satnav, homescreen widget... things like that...? (thought I'd deal with it later, but forgot about it until I read this thread...!)
Any input in that regard would be really helpful... now I just need to remember which member it was who suggested this app so I can research some more!!!! (maybe Sjonnie???)
EDIT: also remember seeing an app that helped with setting up poweramp to be controlled by H/U & SWC...think it was CarService or something... haven't pursued that yet...

Last edited by theridler; 13th January 2015 at 10:03..
theridler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2015, 11:06   #6
Kennyeth
This is my second home

No more Rover

Quote:
Originally Posted by theridler View Post
Thanks for these posts... it's been bugging me - the lack of info. when music is playing on H/U... I did install poweramp a while back but as you say - my memory chip is failing also .
I'll pursue it further ...
I remember now! I installed it but didn't get to the bottom of getting it to behave as the default music player... as in operating in background with satnav, homescreen widget... things like that...? (thought I'd deal with it later, but forgot about it until I read this thread...!)
Any input in that regard would be really helpful... now I just need to remember which member it was who suggested this app so I can research some more!!!! (maybe Sjonnie???)
EDIT: also remember seeing an app that helped with setting up poweramp to be controlled by H/U & SWC...think it was CarService or something... haven't pursued that yet...
I found this on the P/Amp site:

Where is the exit button?
1/ You can close it the same way you close stock player (back button or home).
2/ Poweramp player service doesn't do any job if it's paused.
3/ Poweramp has a Stop button (long press the pause/play does that), though that has nothing to do with the process or background running and it's not necessary to press this if you just want to exit Poweramp.

I tried to stop it using the above info long press and then checked in "running apps" in settings and it was still clocking up seconds. I then went to look in again after P/Amp had been idle for 5 minutes and it was still clocking up seconds as though it was running.
When I say running it probably is not, the fact that it shows up in running apps with the timer ticking away, I checked in Battery on my tablet and there were no Poweramp in there.
There you have it, my morning passed quick today...next problem
Ken

Poweramp website:
http://powerampapp.com/
Old 13th January 2015, 11:38   #7
YorksMG2013
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 190 SE & MG ZT 260

Default Poweramp

Did anyone get to the bottom of making Poweramp the default music player for CDs, music on USB devices, and the internal HDD?

Thanks

Andrew
Now joined by the Blue Beast - MG ZT 260 #57 in Trophy Blue
YorksMG2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2015, 12:16   #8
theridler
Gets stuck in

ZT-T+ CDTi '54 reg

This shows something about it...
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...gramme&page=35

post #343 onwards... (I think)
CarService app is from XDA forum...
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=1179

default app manager: see this link re: changing default music player for android??? (haven't delved into it yet..
http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...ic-player.html

Be aware that xda-developers delve a lot into rooting of devices... you can mess things up fairly easily!! (not for the light weights like me!)

Last edited by theridler; 13th January 2015 at 13:00..
theridler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2015, 12:18   #9
Ennine
Posted a thing or two

Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennyeth View Post
I found this on the P/Amp site:

Where is the exit button?
1/ You can close it the same way you close stock player (back button or home).
2/ Poweramp player service doesn't do any job if it's paused.
3/ Poweramp has a Stop button (long press the pause/play does that), though that has nothing to do with the process or background running and it's not necessary to press this if you just want to exit Poweramp.

I tried to stop it using the above info long press and then checked in "running apps" in settings and it was still clocking up seconds. I then went to look in again after P/Amp had been idle for 5 minutes and it was still clocking up seconds as though it was running.
When I say running it probably is not, the fact that it shows up in running apps with the timer ticking away, I checked in Battery on my tablet and there were no Poweramp in there.
There you have it, my morning passed quick today...next problem
Ken

Poweramp website:
http://powerampapp.com/
I went through the same routine as you Ken.
I've downloaded GoneMad, took ten minutes to force it to find my SD files as it kept showing the Music folder as empty.Managed to get it to see them eventually. Then showed the albums and art but simply refused to play them and just gave me a hiss. Another ten minutes of flitting back and forth I gave up. Too much messing about for me, Uninstalled it and re-installed Poweramp (for now). Came straight up and played away. I'll investigate and research a little more when I'm in the mood.
One interesting thing that did crop up this morning. My Wi-Fi was popping in and out again until I turned off the dashcam !!
I will investigate that a bit further too.

Nige

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 13th January 2015, 13:30   #10
Terryf
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon BRG

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorksMG2013 View Post
Did anyone get to the bottom of making Poweramp the default music player for CDs, music on USB devices, and the internal HDD?

Thanks

Andrew
I just installed it then bought the unlocker opened the app and it just took over. I selected random select and that was it.
Terry
Terryf is offline   Reply With Quote