Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Double Din Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 31st May 2010, 12:01   #481
lathbury
Posted a thing or two

75 Conn S.E. Cdt.

Smile IGo8.

Hi Sean, I would like a manual please. I have bought an aerial from Capese, did one come with the dvb/t box as I cannot identify it. I am waiting for someone to fit the dvb/t and wireless reverse camera and do the how to before I tackle it. Many thanks. John.
lathbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2010, 13:19   #482
David Lawrence
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT-2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by lathbury View Post
Hi Sean, I would like a manual please. I have bought an aerial from Capese, did one come with the dvb/t box as I cannot identify it. I am waiting for someone to fit the dvb/t and wireless reverse camera and do the how to before I tackle it. Many thanks. John.

What are you finding difficult about the DVB-T install?

It just needs 12 v and then plug the AV wires in to the ones marked up for it on the unit. One for Video and two for the stereo audio. You can't really get it wrong. The aerial from Capese I think comes with an F-plug and I dont know what kind of socket is on the box from Radioguy so you could need a simple F-Plug to Coax plug adapter at £2 from B+Q. If lucky then it already has F-plug.

To try it out at first get your 12v by plugging in to the cigar lighter to make sure everything works. You'll need a 12v cigar lighter plug to do that of course. Once you';re happy it all works then you can decidewhere to get a more permanent 12v supply from. I used the connectors intended for the 12v rechargable torch and fitted a switch in the glovebox.

There is another post somewhere from Picky showing where to fit the aerial on the rear window, but only put it there if you don't have a rear sunblind. I do, and it clashed. You then run the aerial cable up over the doors by simply pulling back the rubber door seals and stuffing the cable up behind it.

Not a how to exactly but covers most the points. Can't do pictures as mine is already installed now, but I can tell you it took no more than about 10 minutes.
David Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2010, 15:26   #483
RichB
Gets stuck in

ZT260 SE, ZT-T+ CDTi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichB View Post
Can the front facia be changed on these units? Just thinking if I ever want to fit it to another car with double-din slot, can you change it from Rover specific to universal?

Cheers,
Rich
Can anyone with their hands on one of these units determine if the facia can be changed to universal double din?

Cheers,
Rich
53 MG ZT 260 SE Monogram Garnet Red #073
61 Seat Exeo ST TDI Daily Driver
99 Mazda MX-5 Turbo tracktoy
RichB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2010, 16:02   #484
picky747
Gets stuck in

ROVER

Quote:
Can anyone with their hands on one of these units determine if the facia can be changed to universal double din?

Cheers,
Rich
No it can't be changed as the size is 75/zt specific.
picky747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2010, 16:37   #485
picky747
Gets stuck in

ROVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrutms View Post
@picky, i have full english firmware but is not tested on your device, touchscreen may not work or board can die... is risky. If you want to risk the board, i`ll send it to you. This firmware works 100% pefect and safe on maisun devices ( same gps board, maybe same hardware )
Petrutms,could you send me the english firmware please or point me to a download link,thanks.Also when I run the GAPI setup the device selected in the list was shown as Maisun NWD2440 800x480.Does this program auto detect the hardware?if so then it looks like the firmware would be compatible.
Old 31st May 2010, 18:13   #486
dudepop
Regular poster

Rover 75 1.8 club se

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony_fry View Post
Greg,

What format is your speed cams? and are they in the IGO8\Content\Speed Cams folder? In my case they are in TXT format.

I would suggest you download a skin for the IGO8.

The best one I have found is Gurjon, the link to the web site is:-

http://www.gurjon.com/

Use the GJ 6.17p_da_480x800_800x480, but it does depend on your SYS.TXT (Which should be in the route directory) file on which one you use.

Here is my SYS.TXT File

[interface]
skin="ui_igo8"
resolution_dir="800_480"
vga=0
maxzoom2d=6000000
show_exit=1
laneinfo_signpost_enabled=1

[rawdisplay]
driver="gdi"
class="landscape"
highres=0
screen_x=800
screen_y=480

[map]
2dheadup=1

[roundaboutcam]
enabled=0 ;(1)
centery=20 ;(50)

[screen]
menu_animation=0

[timezone]
sync_os_timezone=0
reset_os_timezone=0

[navigation]
show_current_city=1
show_countrychange=1

[map]
auto_nightmode=1
3d_max_tiltlevel=9000
3d_scale_carmodel=1
3dcarsizemin=500
3dcarsizemax=600
3dcarsizemul=3000

[debug]
reserve_memory=1835008
cache=262144sound_q_length=200
queue_length=200
disable_outlookpoi=1
show_oneway=1
show_speed_limit=1
skip_eula=1
enable_roadshadow=1
autosave=1
cache=4096

[warning]
speedwarn_alt_builtup_based=1
speedcam_visualtype=1
speedcam_soundtype=2
speedwarn_tolerance=100

[sound]
sound_q_length=200
queue_length=200
ding=0

[msnd]
msnd.start=0

[gps]
set_messages=0
port=2
baud=9600

Which is set to run IGO in true 800x480 mode on my unit.

You will also have to add a audio folder to the root directory of IGO8 below is a link to upload the Audio file, it can only be uploaded 10 times, so be quick down loading it.

http://ul.to/ujmcrt

This is a Ziped file so you will have to unzip it. Add it to the route directory of IGO.

You will only be able to set up the speed cams once you have a GPS signal for the original skin on IGO and it should only give you a bleep. Once you have downloaded the G.J skin you will be able to give the voices to the speed cams I.E "Redlight Camera", "Gatso 50mph" ECT

I also have fully voice instructions running on my unit (Without "Out of Memory" errors), I.E "Take 3rd Exit On To A2" and "Take next left On To Mayo Road" ECT, but that is another story.

I will be doing a "HOW TO" soon, but its getting the time to do it for the forum.

ok tony i copy pasted your sys.txt which has replaced my sys.txt and i put the audio folder on my sd card at the root, but still no luck with visual or audable speedcam warning and yes they are both selected in the settings, any more ideas?
dudepop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2010, 19:42   #487
petrutms
Regular poster

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by picky747 View Post
Petrutms,could you send me the english firmware please or point me to a download link,thanks.Also when I run the GAPI setup the device selected in the list was shown as Maisun NWD2440 800x480.Does this program auto detect the hardware?if so then it looks like the firmware would be compatible.
in theory will work but there is a small chance that touchscreen will not work or even worse. If you are willing to risk your board, i`ll send you the firmware.
Program detects hardware, and harwdware is identical to other boards, but other components can be different ( touchscreen )
petrutms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2010, 20:11   #488
RichB
Gets stuck in

ZT260 SE, ZT-T+ CDTi

Quote:
Originally Posted by picky747 View Post
No it can't be changed as the size is 75/zt specific.
OK, next question (probably for Radio Guy), can you buy this unit or equivalent with universal double din mounting?

Cheers,
Rich
53 MG ZT 260 SE Monogram Garnet Red #073
61 Seat Exeo ST TDI Daily Driver
99 Mazda MX-5 Turbo tracktoy
RichB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2010, 20:21   #489
M9_Nut
Avid contributor

MG ZT

RichB, Just had a quick look at seans website and there's a universal one there ...

http://www.autogpsdvds.com/index.php...&product_id=69

hope this helps

Ian

Quote:
OK, next question (probably for Radio Guy), can you buy this unit or equivalent with universal double din mounting?

Cheers,
Rich
M9_Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2010, 20:41   #490
picky747
Gets stuck in

ROVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrutms View Post
in theory will work but there is a small chance that touchscreen will not work or even worse. If you are willing to risk your board, i`ll send you the firmware.
Program detects hardware, and harwdware is identical to other boards, but other components can be different ( touchscreen )
Thanks for your reply and I understand the risk involved.I still have my old module which will not boot which I can return to the factory for replacement if anything goes wrong with the firmware upgrade.The old module stays on this screen.