Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 24th May 2020, 19:02   #11
trebor
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur SE & MG ZT Saloon 190

Thanked 1,877 Times in 885 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVC-Geeza View Post
Well progress of sorts.After a long ringtone of about 5 minutes I managed to get through to the control centre from the system in my coupe.They apologised for the wait.I explained the ongoing connection difficulty I'm having from the 75 and 45 and the operator has emailed customer services for me.

Rob
I noticed you called them up around 10pm when they are likely to be quieter.I'd be interested to know if you get straight through if you call during day. Thanks.
Ok ill give it a go tomorrow and report back

Robs Car Gallery

Coven near Wolverhampton WV9

2000 Cowley Built Rover 75 2.0 V6 Club SE/ Atlantic Blue/ Sandstone/Walnut (daily driver)
2003 Land Rover Freelander 1 TD4 HSE Helsinki Blue/Black Leather (swmbo daily driver)
trebor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2020, 19:37   #12
coab
This is my second home

2007 57 GOLF GTi EDITION 30 DSG

Thanked 1,452 Times in 852 Posts

What does it cost to have it. I have sat nav with all the bells and whistles in my Golf and by the time I input the address I would be there lol! I just use my phone and its spot on. I have a magnet on the dash my phone sticks to and it goes through Bluetooth on my stereo if its an area Im not familiar with.
My old 2004 ZT had it.
coab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2020, 19:54   #13
VVC-Geeza
This is my second home

2005 Connoisseur SE 1.8 Turbo,2004 45 1.8 Connoisseur and my beloved 1998 VVC Coupe.

Thanked 1,016 Times in 739 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coab View Post
What does it cost to have it. I have sat nav with all the bells and whistles in my Golf and by the time I input the address I would be there lol! I just use my phone and its spot on. I have a magnet on the dash my phone sticks to and it goes through Bluetooth on my stereo if its an area Im not familiar with.
My old 2004 ZT had it.
I have a pay as you go subscription with all 3 cars.
You top up by credit/debit card via the control centre.Top ups are £25 and routes are around £1 each.Alternatively you can have an anual subscsubscription.You can also add things like speed camera alerts and vehicle tracking.
VVC-Geeza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2020, 15:19   #14
VVC-Geeza
This is my second home

2005 Connoisseur SE 1.8 Turbo,2004 45 1.8 Connoisseur and my beloved 1998 VVC Coupe.

Thanked 1,016 Times in 739 Posts

Update:

I now have two out of three working systems (for now) but it's not good news for the factory fit system in the 75.They tried to force an update on three occasions to the 75 but all failed.There was no option to upgrade the unit and it is now considered end of life.So I can confirm what Gary said earlier apart from the option to upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovel View Post
I disconnected mine a couple of years ago after having problems connecting and after getting in touch by phone with the operator they said my unit was obsolete and I needed to upgrade to a newer version which of course was not cheap.

The systems in my coupe and 45 were retro fitted with newer equipment and both have been successfully updated.The system in the 45 was updated back in February when I had a similar problem.This time it was because the pay as you go credit had run out and the system had not been used for more than a month.O2 in their wisdom had blocked the sim effectively stopping me from from calling the control centre to top up!

The system in the coupe which had credit on it was updated and is working fine.

It seems Smartnav is on borrowed time though.Customer services told me they are looking to phase it out,and if any system cannot be updated or equipment becomes faulty it will be deemed end of life.No replacement equipment will be supplied.Shame really,I rated it.
VVC-Geeza is offline   Reply With Quote