Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 26th September 2019, 18:40   #1
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts
Default Using a clay mitt!

I've kept seeing adverts for these things and hearing folks going on about how great they are. So......... I bought one. I've been a T Cut and polish man all my life and always been happy with the results. However ............ after watching a Youtube vid on how to do it, I had a go.

Brilliant! The vid said to be careful until you get used to it, so I went along applying very little pressure and was amazed at the results.

Unfortunately, I made it rain, so couldn't get any pics but to say that I was impressed is an understatement. After a rinse, dry down and a coat of Auto glym super resin polish, the twenty year old paintwork looked fantastic.

I bought a
Farecla G3 7191 Pro Body Prep Clay Mitt Car Bodywork Detailing Mitt 7191 (£11.30 on the bay)

and if it continues to be as good as the first use, I shall be very happy!
Mike
Old 26th September 2019, 20:30   #2
BoroRover
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by roverbarmy View Post
I've kept seeing adverts for these things and hearing folks going on about how great they are. So......... I bought one. I've been a T Cut and polish man all my life and always been happy with the results. However ............ after watching a Youtube vid on how to do it, I had a go.

Brilliant! The vid said to be careful until you get used to it, so I went along applying very little pressure and was amazed at the results.

Unfortunately, I made it rain, so couldn't get any pics but to say that I was impressed is an understatement. After a rinse, dry down and a coat of Auto glym super resin polish, the twenty year old paintwork looked fantastic.

I bought a
Farecla G3 7191 Pro Body Prep Clay Mitt Car Bodywork Detailing Mitt 7191 (£11.30 on the bay)

and if it continues to be as good as the first use, I shall be very happy!
Mike
That's my routine, Wash, rinse, dry off, and Autoglym SuperResin buff with lambs wool mitt. Looks very nice and shiny.
BoroRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2019, 21:35   #3
baxlin
This is my second home

Volvo C70 Convertible and JZR 3 wheeler

I tend to do something similar, but put a coat of G3 super paste wax after the SRP to make the shine even deeper.

There are many stages you can go through in addition - have a look on Detailing World forum, but be ready to get hooked and spend many GBPs......