Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > S525 OVP The Club Car
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 30th June 2011, 08:07   #1
pab
Banned

MG ZT V6 190+

Thanked 1,614 Times in 1,416 Posts
Default OVP The Next Chapter:

Over the weekend, the team went to view 'OVP' the Club's S Reg and took a good look at its condition.

You can read all about it here S525 OVP - The Restoration

Now on to the very overdue next phase, and after the car is submitted for the MOT by Lates and is successful, I'm going to transport her to A & L Automotive in Doncaster. After conversations and meetings with proprietor and member on here Andy Willi he will assist us with the next stage.

This will include the cleaning of the engine bay, the interior trim parts which are missing will be replaced with sourced Cowley parts.

The exterior panels will need some work, but otherwise are in good order, however some exterior trim is damaged and will be replaced.

Andy has the choice of two paint sprayers, once the vehicle is on site he will advise us on the re-finish.

Further (and hopefully now) regular updates will be posted in the main progress thread, as we move to return this early example back to its former glory.
pab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2011, 20:05   #2
Robson Rover Repair
NI/ROI RS

ZT-T 190 / 75 Diesel x3 / 6 door limo / 216 Cabby / Rover 25 van

Thanked 1,046 Times in 568 Posts

This is unquestionably wonderful news that the car is being sorted again. Once the mechanicals where sort it was only a matter of time before things come along again.

Is the car facing a full respray in original paint or just repairs to the areas in questions along with a paint correct to match?
Robson Rover Repair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2011, 20:09   #3
andy willi
I really should get out more.......

PRE LAUNCH 75/ZT 190/XJ 550

will see about the paint once its with me in a week or two cannot answer at the moment as i have not seen it but if it needs it i will do it full respray or just the bits

andy
andy willi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2011, 20:36   #4
Reebs
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 Conn SE V6 / MG ZT 260 SE V8 / MG ZT 180 SE V6

Thanked 6,851 Times in 2,537 Posts

TBH, the paintwork and panels aren't that clever, nearly every panel has a crease, or scratch and there is lacquer missing in chunks in places.

The interior will scrub up a treat, but the exterior will need a good seeing to. Don't even want to think about costs, lets just see what the bodyshop pro's have to say about it first.
Reebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2011, 21:14   #5
pab
Banned

MG ZT V6 190+

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy willi View Post
will see about the paint once its with me in a week or two cannot answer at the moment as i have not seen it but if it needs it i will do it full respray or just the bits

andy
As previously discussed andy,i would regard the car to be in a much better state than i imagined.She has suffered a hard if not brutal life in the roles she has previously played.

Once this car is on site we can survey the panel damage and draw up a list of what particular areas need replacement or can be repaired.

I think perhaps a full refinish is required,but as i say we can update the situation regarding this at a later date.
Old 30th June 2011, 21:27   #6
Zeb
Banned

MGZT V8 & ZTT 190+LPG

Jake had in mind a donor car not far from him with good panels in the correct colour.....
Zeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2011, 21:35   #7
pab
Banned

MG ZT V6 190+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeb View Post
Jake had in mind a donor car not far from him with good panels in the correct colour.....
Many thanks for the information Zeb.

Fortunately i have found two early cowley cars which will act as donor vehicles, and the specification will match what i'm looking for.
Old 30th June 2011, 22:22   #8
Banjo
Posted a thing or two

MG6 Magnette 1.8 Tci SE

Great news - I will enjoy following her progress back to her former glory. She will be a real flagship for the club - ready for the NEC in November ?
Banjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2011, 01:18   #9
Dragrad
This is my second home

None * DROWNED

Thanked 1,664 Times in 1,081 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjo View Post
Great news - I will enjoy following her progress back to her former glory. She will be a real flagship for the club - ready for the NEC in November ?
As for the NEC this year? ....... no promises, Pab will do his best. But she does need quite a bit of body work to be in shape for the NEC in November.

We do not want to present her as a WIP, more of a presentable and finished project of an early 75 model

Andrew
Ich Dien
Problem solving is... lateral thinking

SEARCH FIRST ...ASK LATER...

Last edited by Dragrad; 1st July 2011 at 01:20..
Dragrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2011, 07:43   #10
baconbuttyman
Banned

s there anything we mere mortals can do to help?, i dunno?, donate filler etc, Obviously we can't physically do things, but anyway, the question stands!
baconbuttyman is offline   Reply With Quote