Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Was it you?
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 9th May 2019, 10:57   #11
markypicks
Gets stuck in

rover 75 saloon cdt club se re map 160 bhp

hi brian even though you live up north its nice of you to still have memories of the steel city yes Josephines was the place thats were that wrestler used to be on the doors in it ? just cant remember his name also maxs down town city centre,vicars on london road, Genevieve in city centre .sheffield was the place in 70s and 80 s and i still miss the hole in road ha ha gds mark
markypicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2019, 20:38   #12
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by markypicks View Post
hi brian even though you live up north its nice of you to still have memories of the steel city yes Josephines was the place thats were that wrestler used to be on the doors in it ? just cant remember his name also maxs down town city centre,vicars on london road, Genevieve in city centre .sheffield was the place in 70s and 80 s and i still miss the hole in road ha ha gds mark
Alan Kilby was his name Mark, and if I remember correctly, he was deaf

It could have been worse, if you were turned away from Josie's you might have ended up in Cairo's or worse again Roxy's at Arundel Gate.........mind you would have been sailing all four sheets to the wind for that to happen

While I'm reminiscing, does anyone remember Butler's Tea Room, at the top of Broad Lane near Jessop's hospital.

It was a super greasy spoon, with a 1930s RAC road map on the wall, and bacon sandwiches that delighted the taste buds.

And just for you, C&A as seen from the "hole in the road"

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2019, 08:15   #13
caravaman0
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer cdt1

Brian

All of that and more Butler's made a fabliau's meat & potato pie and some Henderson's relish on just shear heaven. Sheffield no is not at all what it used to be in my mind the old one was a lot better back in 70s-90s. Love the hole in the road always waiting for a date to turn up and looking at all the other girls that passed then go shopping I C&A with now who is my wife for some cloths. Used to have to Waite out side the changing rooms and watch al the others go in and out with all the mini skirts to show the boy friend. Well could tell a story or two about that lol.
caravaman0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2019, 10:30   #14
markypicks
Gets stuck in

rover 75 saloon cdt club se re map 160 bhp

thats brill brian its starting to bring tears in my eyes reminiscing i was working at hatfields rover ,triumph,jaguar on corporation st at the time as a in the body repair shop , when u used to get paid you had a proper wage packet and wage slip with pound notes in and shrapnel none of all this on line stuff etc rgds mark
markypicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2019, 10:35   #15
madeupname
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Connie Mk2 1.8 (Mo)

Butlers fell down a few years ago. My shift was on at Uni and we wondered what all the fuss was about, so went to investigate.
It turns out the owners at the time were expanding the cellar and decided to knock a wall down. Because they were chefs and not construction workers, they hadn't noticed it was a retaining wall. The building collapsed from the roof down. Was a major incident. As far as I'm aware there were no major casualties. Butlers has now moved further down Broad Lane and is near the old Sytner building, which itself recently moved to somewhere up near Meadowhall.
I think I went in Josies once in my life. Our nights out used to be a West Street shuffle, ending in either The Limit or Crazy Daisy
Mo was born Tuesday, 22nd June 2004 @ 08:32:41
This vehicle was the 99,307th 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
This vehicle was the 5,377th 75 1.8 Connoisseur to be made out of 6,033
This vehicle was the 783rd 75 in Firefrost Red (code: CEV) to be made out of 2,089 Firefrost Red 75s
madeupname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2019, 10:41   #16
madeupname
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Connie Mk2 1.8 (Mo)

Also Hendersons Relish has now moved to an industrial estate on the Parkway, and the Uni has bought the old building. The sign is still on the sidewall for now. It's not the original as this was 'aquired' by someone one night before we had cameras up to monitor that particular area.
They planned to turn it into a microbrewery and use it to replace the old Clerical and Technical staff club (aka 197 club, aka University Arms) at the bottom of Brook Hill.
Unfortunately it wasn't big enough to do that so current thinking is just use it as a pub.
Lots of new buildings now in that area, and also new student accommodation. With more new builds in the pipeline.
Mo was born Tuesday, 22nd June 2004 @ 08:32:41
This vehicle was the 99,307th 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
This vehicle was the 5,377th 75 1.8 Connoisseur to be made out of 6,033
This vehicle was the 783rd 75 in Firefrost Red (code: CEV) to be made out of 2,089 Firefrost Red 75s
madeupname is offline   Reply With Quote