Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The Chinese Cars - MG7 and Roewe 750 > NAC & SAIC
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 1st January 2017, 13:44   #1
Chilljohn
Posted a thing or two

MG HS PHEV

Default 1st Time a ZT Is Not My Main Drive Since 2002

well I knew the day would happen one day , first time since 2002 my daily driver wont be a ZT

Meet my new MG 6, picked up new years eve ...... already swopped the wheels to 18"

didn't want leather so this was perfect

could not walk past the dealer as was a bargain and 16k on the clock with 2 years warranty

will keep my 04 zt cdti auto on the drive for now maybe one day she will tick over 70k lol

Free enable of digital speedo readout on message centre (takes 2 mins)

Free Vis motor testing, via obd port courtesy of my delphi so no need to take anything apart, along with free code scan including abs and airbag message me for details
Chilljohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2017, 14:15   #2
ricardo65
This is my second home

mgzt cdti 160.mgzt 1.8t mg6 1.8t

Thanked 1,652 Times in 969 Posts

Good call some bargains to be had on the 6 it will be the way I go but I cant see me getting rid of any lol �� some pictures with the 18 s on would be good ��

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=213906
ricardo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2017, 15:10   #3
Chilljohn
Posted a thing or two

MG HS PHEV

as requested , not sure they suit the car 100% but I had bought them for a zt and they fit and are new with new tyres so they can stay for a while , till I like them or find better lol

but it makes the car different

Free Vis motor testing, via obd port courtesy of my delphi so no need to take anything apart, along with free code scan including abs and airbag message me for details

Last edited by Chilljohn; 1st January 2017 at 15:18..
Old 3rd January 2017, 22:25   #4
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

And lovely it looks too John.
Old 4th January 2017, 06:21   #5
Chilljohn
Posted a thing or two

MG HS PHEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
And lovely it looks too John.
thank you sir

Old 7th January 2017, 10:45   #6
keithst24
This is my second home

X Power Grey MGZT 180+ Auto... Bumble & 1.8T Odessey Rover 75 Contemporary SE manual

Thanked 1,801 Times in 1,403 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilljohn View Post

as requested , not sure they suit the car 100% but I had bought them for a zt and they fit and are new with new tyres so they can stay for a while , till I like them or find better lol

but it makes the car different
Well done....... I like it with those alloys, much better looking ........what alloys are they ?
Born Monday, 16th June 2003 @ 14:30:35
This vehicle was the 9,196th ZT to run off the production line, out of 18,894
This vehicle was the 576th ZT 180 + to be made out of 828
This vehicle was the 871st ZT in XPower Grey (code: LEF) to be made out of 3,143 XPower Grey ZTs
keithst24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2017, 18:14   #7
Chilljohn
Posted a thing or two

MG HS PHEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithst24 View Post
Well done....... I like it with those alloys, much better looking ........what alloys are they ?

http://www.wheelbasealloys.com/alloy...gloss/18-inch#

still on offer too

18 Inch Dezent RN High Gloss Special Offer Alloy Wheels you know what to do
Attached Images
File Type: jpg productlarge_23453_600.jpg (43.0 KB, 24 views)

Old 10th February 2017, 00:33   #8
Chilljohn
Posted a thing or two

MG HS PHEV

car about to tick over to 20k

had an issue with the alarm sounder it was disconnected from when I got the car (common issue with water getting in) so replaced with a bmw/75/zt one , and faced the other way so weather cant get in ( it lives under the rear light and faces forwards into any water no facing the rear of the car and the metal it bots to acts as a weather shield apparently the seal on the 6's isn't that good so I doubt will have another issue as the bmw version seems more weather proof , bit of a daft place to put it too mind lol

added a tuning box to the car and now it flies is the only way of putting it, would leave a 190 easily ...... if you turn the traction control off or it sits there arguing with it and flashing the light lol

quoted at about 200hp and 264nm torque brings the car alive , makes it growl , next will be an exhaust system and itg filter

only grips with the car are the use of the rubber surfaces mainly as the car was used as a disabled mobility car before I got it so there are marks dug in to the pass door card but what looks like a set of crutches which I cant clear or colour out but cant complain that much I suppose

with the messing about with the alarm box I managed to over tighten a bolt on the rear light and snapped it

so I replaced both rear lights ... total cost just over £200 for both which I though was pretty reasonable as they are huge and led for the "red" lights and arrived after 2 days so parts seem easy to get hold of ( I use https://www.ukmgparts.com/catalogue/mg6-mg6-gt-magnette) Paul Anderson in parts seems very good and is my 1st stop now unlike some local dealers that don't seem to care

again this isn't the cars fault was me being heavy handed in the cold

had 4 wheel tracking to the car and this really improved how the car felt on the road

all in all very happy with the car drives lovely no rattles and NO DOOR PINS which is bliss lol

you can feel the zt dna in the car and it makes me smile still

Old 10th February 2017, 06:36   #9
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilljohn View Post
car about to tick over to 20k

had an issue with the alarm sounder it was disconnected from when I got the car (common issue with water getting in) so replaced with a bmw/75/zt one , and faced the other way so weather cant get in ( it lives under the rear light and faces forwards into any water no facing the rear of the car and the metal it bots to acts as a weather shield apparently the seal on the 6's isn't that good so I doubt will have another issue as the bmw version seems more weather proof , bit of a daft place to put it too mind lol

added a tuning box to the car and now it flies is the only way of putting it, would leave a 190 easily ...... if you turn the traction control off or it sits there arguing with it and flashing the light lol

quoted at about 200hp and 264nm torque brings the car alive , makes it growl , next will be an exhaust system and itg filter

only grips with the car are the use of the rubber surfaces mainly as the car was used as a disabled mobility car before I got it so there are marks dug in to the pass door card but what looks like a set of crutches which I cant clear or colour out but cant complain that much I suppose

with the messing about with the alarm box I managed to over tighten a bolt on the rear light and snapped it

so I replaced both rear lights ... total cost just over £200 for both which I though was pretty reasonable as they are huge and led for the "red" lights and arrived after 2 days so parts seem easy to get hold of ( I use https://www.ukmgparts.com/catalogue/mg6-mg6-gt-magnette) Paul Anderson in parts seems very good and is my 1st stop now unlike some local dealers that don't seem to care

again this isn't the cars fault was me being heavy handed in the cold

had 4 wheel tracking to the car and this really improved how the car felt on the road

all in all very happy with the car drives lovely no rattles and NO DOOR PINS which is bliss lol

you can feel the zt dna in the car and it makes me smile still
Well the wheels really transform the car. A lot of car for the money. Might have to get a 6 at some point, if only they done them in Yellow.

Cracking write up as well. Please keep us informed of any other 'mods'.

232750. Be patient Banana, we will soon be back together and enjoying the shows again.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2017, 23:27   #10
Chilljohn
Posted a thing or two

MG HS PHEV

mileage milestone

car running great changed coils for good old fashioned mew genuine mg-rover items as they are a bit beefier and used magnocor ht leads this has made a difference but like I said above at has a tuning box on so would not have needed to if not

and is this yellow enough for you sir

not sure if they do in the uk and abroad seems to get more choice which is a shame

I would have a yellow one tomorrow