Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 19th May 2019, 05:08   #31
kaiser
This is my second home

75 Tourer 2.5 Auto, 1.8T, 75V8ZT

As far as I remember all seals are O-rings.
Could well be BMW issues.?
Old 19th May 2019, 09:14   #32
Rsnail
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon

Maybe these ones would fit?

O-rings
Rsnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2019, 11:14   #33
SD1too
Doesn't do things by halves

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur Auto (1999) Dealer launch model.

Thanked 3,749 Times in 3,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsnail View Post
... for the injector that was leaking fuel, the small seal from the rail side was pinched Can you guys tell me the sizes of these seals?
MKD 000010 or the same number with an 'L' suffix from Land Rover.

Simon
Old 19th May 2019, 13:29   #34
Rsnail
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon

Do you guys know if the upper and lower O rings are the same? And also, when removing the clips holding the injectors to the rail, didn't look if they should slide in the first or secoond lower groove on the injector and also didn't notice which way they go in, but I suppose they go from the opposite direction of the injector's multiplug and should be slided in towards the multiplug. Please if someone know these things help me out, I don't want to refit everything back together just to have to remove it all back again
Old 19th May 2019, 16:24   #35
SD1too

Quote:
... when removing the clips holding the injectors to the rail, didn't look if they should slide in the first or second lower groove on the injector and also didn't notice which way they go in ...
As you've discovered, it's always a good idea to take photographs or make notes as you go.
Clips on the LH bank slide off towards the 'V'. On the RH bank, only no. 2 slides off towards the 'V'. No. 4 & no. 6 slide off away from it.

I encountered only one type of 'O' ring; that between the fuel rail and the injectors. I gave you the part number for this in my last post.

Simon
Old 19th May 2019, 16:45   #36
Rsnail
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon

The RH bank would be the part towards the inside of the car right? And so as you say, only the middle injector clip on this side slides off towards the V?

And also, should the clips slide into the first upper groove or into the second lower one for a tighter fit?
Old 19th May 2019, 18:19   #37
slovcan
Gets stuck in

75 Tourer CDT MK2 manual in Glorious Grey

Quote:
The RH bank would be the part towards the inside of the car right? And so as you say, only the middle injector clip on this side slides off towards the V?

And also, should the clips slide into the first upper groove or into the second lower one for a tighter fit?
I think the right bank numbering is 2, 4, 6 so #2 would be the front one (by the right side of the car facing forward.

Anything can happen in Formula 1 and usually does - Murray Walker

1999 Triumph Trophy 900, Saddlesore 1600, Iron Butt Riders Association #63720

2005 Rover 75 CDT Tourer MK2
slovcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2019, 18:24   #38
Rsnail
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon

Now the only thing left to know is on which groove the clips have to slide, I really can't understand why they designed 2 grooves on the injectors if only one can be used...
Old 19th May 2019, 19:25   #39
SD1too

Quote:
... should the clips slide into the first upper groove or into the second lower one for a tighter fit?
Sorry Galambosi, I can't help you with that. I don't remember encountering that difficulty and it's not mentioned in my notes.
Quote:
The RH bank would be the part towards the inside of the car right?
Yes. The convention is always that the crankshaft pulley is at the front of the engine. So for our transversely mounted V6, the bank on the right hand side of the engine would be at the back of the engine bay.
The LH bank has odd numbered cylinders and the RH bank even. It's the same on my SD1's V8. Therefore no. 2 is at the front of the RH bank as Slovcan explains.

Simon
Old 22nd May 2019, 07:37   #40
Rsnail
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon

Finally got it done, took 3 days lol, it would've taken only one if those injectors O rings wouldn't have gotten pinched, decided to go for a run at every major dealers services around here and found them at Mercedes, exactly the same size. After doing some research found out that these O rings are actually quite common and used in many petrol engines for the older types of BMWs, Mercedes, Opel, and some others. And they are also supplied by Bosch, part nr: 1280210172, BMW part nr: 13641730767. When refitting them at the top of the injectors where it meets the fuel rail, before fitting the fuel rail, you should smear the O rings with petroleum jelly (vaseline) or castor oil as suggested by Haynes manual otherwise there's the risk of making the rings useless like I've managed to, I only smeared them with petrol fuel before pushing the rail down on the injectors and of course that wasn't enough, but after using vaseline, they slide in with very little effort and you can actually feel the rail going all the way it should go, another tip for not pinching the O rings is, when pushing the rail down, try also pushing it a little to the outside of the V of the engine once it meets the top of the injectors, found out this helps the rail slide in place better. And the clips should slide in on the 2nd groove actually, the lowest one.

Another problem that I encountered was, that after inatalling everything and fitting it all back together, the temp sensor was leaking which was obviously a big disappointment, the new sensor did not come with the 2 original washers that were fitted on the old one for sealing it and silly me forgot to take the old ones off and install them with the new sensor, so had to strip anything back down to fit those pesky washers, and to make sure it didn't leak, I sealed the first two threads of the sensor's screw part with Loctite 243, installed everything back in place, let the engine run for a good half hour, looked in the V of the engine and everything was bone dry, not even a drop of coolant spillage. Thank you guys for all the help given here and if anyone needs guidance doing this job, just make sure to send me a message and I'll gladly help.

Last edited by Rsnail; 22nd May 2019 at 07:42..