Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Technology Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 3rd February 2019, 10:00   #1
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts
Default Any Arduino experts here?

As a project, I'm looking at tapping into the data on the Ebus of my heating system, with a PC, to log its performance.

I came across this Arduino interface http://ebus-wiki.org/lib/exe/fetch.p...rduinoebus.pdf and there was a suggestion in the write up which suggested an Arduino could be sourced which included the FTDI USB interface as part of the Arduino PCB. I have done an ebay search and found this item

eBay item number: 173727139497

Should that do what I want please?

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.

Last edited by HarryM1BYT; 3rd February 2019 at 11:17..
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2019, 23:16   #2
Devcore
Regular poster

MG ZT

Hello Harry,

I suggest you should use a Can bus shield instead of the CDC converter. There is a lot of library an example on the internet. I used the TJA1050 when i want to replace the IPK to a 3,5 inch screen.

Regards,
D.
Devcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2019, 23:29   #3
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devcore View Post
Hello Harry,

I suggest you should use a Can bus shield instead of the CDC converter. There is a lot of library an example on the internet. I used the TJA1050 when i want to replace the IPK to a 3,5 inch screen.

Regards,
D.

I will look into that, but its not on the car, its to tap into my boiler/heating systems ebus - thanks, but for the moment I am still struggling with the basics of making it do anything. It arrived this morning and spent most of today doing battle with it, trying to upload a ready made quick program. I got there, I had selected the correct processor AT368P, but it wouldn't work with the older bootstrap. I finally found I needed to use the old version and it did what it ought to have done.

All good fun

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote