Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 17th October 2018, 15:51   #21
mystabe
Posted a thing or two

Mazda 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mileshawk56 View Post
I seem to have touched a nerve, I posted a true picture of the conditions on that day. Good. An observation, I did not say " black smoke" diesel exhaust can be smelled before it is seen. The rest of my post stands, there are many poorly maintained diesels on the road and this is for reasons of cost and/or laziness. I do understand that many drivers fell for the official line on emissions some 20 or more years ago and are stuck with these cars. I see yesterday Audi car makers were fined £700million for fixing the emissions on 4.9million vehicles sold 2004 to 2018. and the ex Chief executive is in prison for his part in this and there are others to come. The car people knew the facts and covered them up and the Governments were happy to go along I understand why this happened, like many they didn't care, it suited them at the time but there is a health &cost penalty paid by others. Chris.S.

Nope, still don't get your point - I would say that 80% of drivers don't care what they drive anyway as long as it gets them to work, the shops or to pick their kids up from school..... and many many other reasons.

I congratulate you in that this is all you apparently have to worry about. For many people though there are much more pressing concerns than that they might be driving an older diesel that offends someone driving a Rover 75 - and I am with them to be honest.
mystabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2018, 15:53   #22
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
I seem to have touched a nerve, I posted a true picture of the conditions on that day. Good. An observation, I did not say " black smoke" diesel exhaust can be smelled before it is seen. The rest of my post stands, there are many poorly maintained diesels on the road and this is for reasons of cost and/or laziness. I do understand that many drivers fell for the official line on emissions some 20 or more years ago and are stuck with these cars. I see yesterday Audi car makers were fined £700million for fixing the emissions on 4.9million vehicles sold 2004 to 2018. and the ex Chief executive is in prison for his part in this and there are others to come. The car people knew the facts and covered them up and the Governments were happy to go along I understand why this happened, like many they didn't care, it suited them at the time but there is a health &cost penalty paid by others. Chris.S.
Buses, lorries? Generators in surrounding areas.

Petrol fumes are just as distasteful to most. Especially on cars with ignored servicing, or owners ignorance to failed serviceable items, vis motors perhaps?

No nerves touched here, as I don't care despite the hypocrisy of your complaint .

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2018, 15:55   #23
75c
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
there is a health &cost penalty paid by others. Chris.S.

Politically correct e-babble.

Livestock emissions make up between 14.5 and 18% of all greenhouse gas. The combined impact of all the entire transportation system, so that's cars, planes, boats, trains, bikes, is 14%.
I've yet to see anybody being charged more for eating a burger in a city centre.
75c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2018, 17:50   #24
Rogue
I really should get out more.......

75 CDT SE 160 Saloon

Thanked 1,096 Times in 774 Posts

Quote:

If you are that concerned i have to ask myself why you were not using public transport for your trip? After all emissions from petrol cars are hardly good for the enviroment either.

Glutton for punishment --- Previously ... 2.6 SD1 x 2, 3.5 SD1, 820S, 820Si x2, 216 Gsi, 220T saloon, 414, 45 1.4 x2 and now a Cowley 75 CDT
Rogue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2018, 18:01   #25
Mr Bone
Gets stuck in

75 Cdt. VW Touareg V6 Tdi. Galaxy 1.9Tdi (x2). R1200GS

Just to add a little fiz to the debate

Consider how much Co2 is discharged into the atmosphere every day, worldwide, just from carbonated drinks cans and bottles.
Old 17th October 2018, 18:09   #26
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Quote:
Did our usual 200mile round trip to Worcestershire on Sunday in the pi--ing rain, MGZTV6 ran beautifully, all systems, autobox,cruise controls, rainsensor wipers, aircon, seats lovely and comfortable, M4/M5 ok. So what was the problem-sorry to say diesels, rubbish maintenance diesels, penny pinching owners and drivers with dirty diesels- why don't they look after their vehicles? Now if your diesel is a nice clean one bully for you but if any of the above fits, well like the old saying "if the cap fits wear it" Chris S.
I have to question your level of maintenance. Do you need your windows repaired? Do they wind up ok, fitting snugly into their seals? Additionally, you are aware there are pollen filters that help to trap particulates from entering your cabin? Perhaps this has not been changed? Or maybe with a cheap and nasty one? If it has been replaced, maybe try a charcoal one rather than the cut to fit cooker hood filter from Poundland? Just a suggestion.

Old 17th October 2018, 19:19   #27
mileshawk56
Posted a thing or two

MGZT

I didn't think so many of the responses would be so???predictable, however poorly maintained diesel vehicles produce harmful emissions, that's a fact not a point of view or a bias or emotive cr-p or treehugging rubbish or upset the diesel owners time. I don't deal in points of view. Chris.S
mileshawk56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2018, 19:28   #28
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Quote:
I didn't think so many of the responses would be so???predictable, however poorly maintained diesel vehicles produce harmful emissions, that's a fact not a point of view or a bias or emotive cr-p or treehugging rubbish or upset the diesel owners time. I don't deal in points of view. Chris.S
but you give them? See post 1

I didn't think so many of the responses would be so???predictable, however poorly maintained petrol vehicles produce harmful emissions, that's a fact not a point of view or a bias or emotive cr-p or treehugging rubbish or upset the petrol owners time. I don't deal in points of view.

lol it makes equally as much sense, doesnt it?

I am curious by your tone. Do you have a V8? or are you just pretending to have one?

Old 17th October 2018, 20:49   #29
mcd840
Gets stuck in

Nissan NV300 Tekna 170 auto

Quote:
Did our usual 200mile round trip to Worcestershire on Sunday in the pi--ing rain, MGZTV6 ran beautifully, all systems, autobox,cruise controls, rainsensor wipers, aircon, seats lovely and comfortable, M4/M5 ok. So what was the problem-sorry to say diesels, rubbish maintenance diesels, penny pinching owners and drivers with dirty diesels- why don't they look after their vehicles? Now if your diesel is a nice clean one bully for you but if any of the above fits, well like the old saying "if the cap fits wear it" Chris S.
Dirty diesels or not, the chances are that they are getting between 50-60 mpg if not more, something that no V6 petrol engine will achieve, I know what I would rather be driving.
mcd840 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2018, 20:54   #30
cbr1100xx
Gets stuck in

VW touareg

Missing the point here , obviously the v6 doesn't put out any emissions or pollution and has £0 tax because it saves the planet.must get me one of those