Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 6th December 2014, 20:25   #61
Polly
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT 260 SE, ZS120, ZR105

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan Apex View Post
I think it was more of a final nail in the coffin than anything, I think the post summed up how some people feel lately. Not saying your post was bad or anything, this placed has changed a lot since I started on here and that wasn't long ago...

Yes, I take your point, and the expression used was not one that I would use myself, but forums are for discussion, and not everyone is going to agree with your point of view, so we should all expect to be contradicted from time to time.
Old 6th December 2014, 20:26   #62
johnnyb44
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75

Come on Guys and Gals. Keep smiling. Its Christmas :-):-):-):-):-)
Old 6th December 2014, 20:49   #63
mystabe
Posted a thing or two

Mazda 6

This thread makes me sad - I probably shouldn't keep reading it to be honest

People should be allowed to do whatever they want with their own car, people should also realise that not everyone is going to agree with what they want do with their own car and both sides need to just deal with it rather than getting upset about it.

However this is the internet so that's not going to happen
Old 6th December 2014, 20:55   #64
VMax1000
Passed Away

MG ZT260

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polly View Post
It's a great pity that offence has to be taken in such an obviously tongue in cheek reply to question being asked on an open forum.
I was not stating an opinion one way or the other, it appears to be fair game to criticise older drivers for driving too slow, but don't dare suggest that anyone might be going a little too fast.
Just for the record, I to like cars that can maintain the speed limit all day long (with a caravan on tow if necessary) but I can't think of anything more boring than driving along a motorway at 70mph in a car designed or modified to travel at speeds well in excess of double the national limit. If you want to take it on track, that's fine by me, and owning such a beast might begin to make a little sense, however using our country lanes for fun is just not on, people do live there.
You can still have fun and stay within the limit........
I know my V8 is not the fastest but it's also not the slowest.
If I need the excitement I'll take the bike out.

As far as country lanes go...............more worried about build-up areas.
But then again I'd be the first to complain if riding my horse and a car comes speeding around the corner in a rural area ( yes, I do like 1HP transport)

Tongue in cheek comments are often misunderstood by many, don't worry about it.

Anyway, chill out, chin up and all that..........................Christmas is coming
Old 6th December 2014, 21:22   #65
Polly
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT 260 SE, ZS120, ZR105

I just feel it's very sad that someone can call another poster "Prat" in one post (see thread by pistonbroke666) and then take offence when someone suggests that he might be one himself. Perhaps if he had hung around and discussed the situation he might have discovered that we are not really that far apart. I too like powerful cars and once would have agreed entirely, however age, and the ability to buy better cars, has led me to realise that there's more fun to be had from driving a banger at 60 than a ZT 260 at 90.
Also regarding the practice of using country lanes as race tracks, it just so happens that I live on one, and my grandchildren are just as easily killed as the suburban variety.
Old 6th December 2014, 21:32   #66
OddSox
Gets stuck in

2002. Rover 75 saloon club se. 1.8 vvc. Moonstone green.

Quote:
I just feel it's very sad that someone can call another poster "Prat" in one post (see thread by pistonbroke666) and then take offence when someone suggests that he might be one himself. Perhaps if he had hung around and discussed the situation he might have discovered that we are not really that far apart. I too like powerful cars and once would have agreed entirely, however age, and the ability to buy better cars, has led me to realise that there's more fun to be had from driving a banger at 60 than a ZT 260 at 90.
Also regarding the practice of using country lanes as race tracks, it just so happens that I live on one, and my grandchildren are just as easily killed as the suburban variety.
Very elequently put fellow. Not many people on this planet have your nature.

Its nice to see it.. Sadly last of a dying breed..
Old 6th December 2014, 23:03   #67
VMax1000
Passed Away

MG ZT260

Quote:
Takes a prat to know one

And now..............all take a chill pill.....

And why do people go through old posts to see if they can catch someone out. Silly really.

Comments are comments, if you don't like them move one...............

Last edited by VMax1000; 6th December 2014 at 23:10..
Old 6th December 2014, 23:43   #68
Dragrad
This is my second home

None * DROWNED

Thanked 1,664 Times in 1,081 Posts

And on that note, before things go ballistic I am closing the thread as points have been made.

End of

Andrew
Ich Dien
Problem solving is... lateral thinking

SEARCH FIRST ...ASK LATER...

Closed Thread