Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 & ZT Gallery
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 5th November 2011, 00:30   #1
FrazzleTC
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer

Thanked 1,178 Times in 920 Posts
Default My 75 2.0V6 Club SE with LPG

I bought my 75 in late September, and I've already covered 1500 miles in it. I'll try to update this thread with anything that gets done or has been done to the car. Since buying the car, I've changed the driver's door seal, as the original one was slightly torn. I've cleaned the car fairly thoroughly, I've had the handbrake adjusted, and so far, at least, it seems to be a lot more effective. I enjoy driving it, and it's very comfortable, though some people seem surprised at a 20 year old choosing to buy a 75.
Here are a few photos of the car.

FrazzleTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2011, 19:24   #2
cabbers
Retired

62-reg Suzuki SX4 SZ5 1.6i AWD / 07-reg Audi S3 2.0 T FSI Quattro

i am 22 and i had all the old man jokes of my mates when i bought my 75 in july. since then 1 of my mates as drove it and he went and bought himself one the day after. they am great cars mate and you cant wrong .

i have made a number of modifications to mine, there is so much stuff you can do to these cars its unbieliveble
cabbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2011, 23:35   #3
NM02 AZG
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Tourer

Thumbs up

I just read your post, thought 'Oh, another young chap with a 75' - then I saw the photos and thought 'Oh, it's you!'

Looking good, mate! Though, I would say that!

Current fleet:
2012 MG 6 GT SE 1.8T

2003 Rover 75 Club SE 1.8T
1989 Rover Montego GSi Executive

NM02 AZG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2011, 23:39   #4
Brabus
This is my second home

01 75 tourer cdt,1973 Rover 3500S,,1974 Rover 3500 Auto,1998 216 SE Coupe, 1968 Morris Minor 1000

Both cars look superbP6 very nice.The 75 in my opinion was rover getting back to glory days of the P6 for quality and comfort.Love the colour of the 75 very stately
121st 75 Tourer to be made
15th 75 Tourer CDT Club SE to be made
36th 75 Tourer in Zircon Silver Metallic to be made

Membership No 903

I was one of the 541
Brabus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2011, 05:40   #5
Robson Rover Repair
NI/ROI RS

ZT-T 190 / 75 Diesel x3 / 6 door limo / 216 Cabby / Rover 25 van

Thanked 1,046 Times in 568 Posts

Lovely car mate, how do you find insurance at 20?
Robson Rover Repair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2011, 08:49   #6
FrazzleTC
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer

Insurance for the P6 is an awful lot more than for the 75, surprisingly. The P6 is £1250 a year TPFT, but the 75 is £780 a year, fully comp!
Old 5th January 2012, 21:18   #7
FrazzleTC
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer

Since the last update, I've taken the car to the Loch Lomond meet, where I had a chance to meet up with quite a few members from here. I had the car serviced at the start of December consisting of an oil and filter change, and new plugs. I've covered about 5000 miles in it since I bought it. I've also bought a set of original Ash grey mats, which I'll fit shortly.

On Monday, I took the 75 to visit some friends in Lancashire, covering 400 miles in the process. We went for a run over some of the roads around Hawes, and the car behaved very well in adverse conditions. Despite awful weather on the motorway, the car never felt anything other than planted, and it made for a relaxing journey. I was going to take the P6, but because of the weather, I thought it was more sensible to take the 75 this time. Here are a couple of photos of my car, and my friends' cars.

Old 6th January 2012, 16:16   #8
Allegroboi
Posted a thing or two

2.0 CDTi Tourer Connie SE auto Royal Blue/Dorchester red connie V6 with Aubergine interior

Great photos matey and glad you are enjoying 75 ownership
Old 8th January 2012, 15:29   #9
NM02 AZG
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Tourer

Thumbs up

Glad you're enjoying it matey, great photos

Current fleet:
2012 MG 6 GT SE 1.8T

2003 Rover 75 Club SE 1.8T
1989 Rover Montego GSi Executive

NM02 AZG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2012, 00:36   #10
FrazzleTC
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer

Since January, I've ended up acquiring a couple of other Rovers, as you do.
In January, I acquired a Rover P5 3 litre coupé which didn't run, had been sitting a while, and looked pretty awful. After trailering it home, it transpired to be far better than I could ever have hoped it would be! It ran with very little provocation, drove, steered, and even stopped! The rust was localised too, meaning that it really only needed new inner and outer sills on both sides.

However, while searching for somebody to fit new sills to it, I had a quick look at P5s for sale, with MOTs, and did what anybody would do under the circumstances. I bought a P5B.
Last Tuesday I went to see the car, and decided I liked what I saw after discussing it with a couple of friends. I paid for the car on Monday, and signed all of the documents, before collecting it yesterday.
I arrived home from collecting the car about 6 hours later than intended, due to a couple of unforeseen issues. When I got to collect the car, the battery had gone flat, which wasn't really surprising, given that it had only been run for a couple of minutes just the week before, and had done nothing much else for the last few months. However, once that was done, I realised it had run out of fuel. Anyway, once these trifling matters had been attended to, the car started on the first flick of the key. 8)
I decided to go into Biggar to have a spot of lunch, and fill the car with premium unleaded. I've never driven a car which attracts half as much interest! I must confess that I did glance at the occasional shop window as I drove past, V8 resonating through the narrow streets!
I decided, in order to avoid roadworks at Moffat, I'd travel down to Lockerbie, and head home from there. Rather than the motorway, I felt since I'd just got the car, I'd rather try the back road home. I travelled about 40 miles in absolute comfort, and without much movement on the fuel gauge front. It's unlike anything I've driven before, it's just so effortless, and torquey. Overtaking is a doddle too!
Sadly, however, just outside Lockerbie, coming up to a roundabout, the brake pedal went to the floor. I had to drive through the roundabout, then let the car come to a halt, with some assistance from the handbrake in a layby just along the road. Thankfully no harm done to the car, me, or anyone else. A brake pipe has failed, as a result of the car having sat since the owner's death last autumn.
So, not a difficult fix, but the car had to be brought home on a transporter which was slightly disheartening, but I'm glad that this happened when it did, and that nothing nasty happened. I've decided to replace all of the brake lines as a matter of course, with copper items, since the car has been maintained with no corners cut in the past, I want to continue in the same manner.
I love the car though, and really can't wait to start enjoying it when the better weather arrives. It's going to be an awful lot of fun! 8)

Meanwhile, the 2000 has done the Blythswood run, as mentioned in the Monte Carlo Historique thread, which was a lot of fun, and the car performed faultlessly!

The 75 has done sterling service throughout the last couple of months too!