Old 27th May 2019, 18:00   #146501
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat View Post
Afternoon Phil.

Sorry for late reply but been busy taking up carpet and runs to the tip with said carpet and old radiator etc.

Was going to paint the skirting boards after but the old underlay pretty much turned to dust on removal. So I will leave it till later when the dust has settled and the vac cleaner has done it's job

Typical Bank Holiday really

Is your iphone up to date on the IOS Phil?

If it is then I would suggest clearing down the ram memory on the phone.

From Google...
Hold down the power button until the “slide to power off” option appears on the device's display. 3. Next, release the power button, and then hold down the home button for roughly five seconds. And just like that — poof — the iPhone's memory, or RAM, is refreshed.

If it is any consolation my Iphone6 is now running like its in thick soup!
Done all the above and it just isn't quick to respond anymore. A case of built in obsolescence me thinks
Time for an upgrade soon for me. Just got to put a few bob aside first
Thanks for getting back Jeff. I updated 2 days ago to the latest IOS and did a backup, deleted 5 apps I don’t use. I followed your instructions and recharged via the mains in airplane mode with WiFi off and do not disturb on. I took a toothbrush to the lightening connector and blew out the dust and pollen. I have to say, it seems to have improved the charge time. Last night it took about 10 hours to charge it to 26% and this afternoon it’s taken 3 hours to get to 83% under the new conditions. I like the 6, it’s a nice size and the screen is easy on the eye.

You have done well Jeff, clearing out the old carpet and radiator to the tip. It must have been satisfying.....another step closer to moving out
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2019, 18:41   #146502
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Thanks for getting back Jeff. I updated 2 days ago to the latest IOS and did a backup, deleted 5 apps I don’t use. I followed your instructions and recharged via the mains in airplane mode with WiFi off and do not disturb on. I took a toothbrush to the lightening connector and blew out the dust and pollen. I have to say, it seems to have improved the charge time. Last night it took about 10 hours to charge it to 26% and this afternoon it’s taken 3 hours to get to 83% under the new conditions. I like the 6, it’s a nice size and the screen is easy on the eye.

You have done well Jeff, clearing out the old carpet and radiator to the tip. It must have been satisfying.....another step closer to moving out
Nearly on the home straight Phil.

Will paint the skirting boards etc when back from Norfolk after wednesday.
New carpets throughout, spruce up the garden and the small matter of clearing the garage out

Then it's all done and dusted......End of an era, start of a new one
Old 28th May 2019, 05:07   #146503
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Morning all.

Up before the crows pee, as my old Mum used to say. Cannot sleep, getting too excited about the impending move I suppose.

232750. Be patient Banana, we will soon be back together and enjoying the shows again.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2019, 06:17   #146504
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Good morning Bob, good morning all and welcome This morning I am to have a second session of Acupuncture for the Shingles head pain and to boost the immunity. After session one, the pain was worse. Apparently this is how it goes and subsequent treatments are supposed to be easier. Last night I was on the opiates and I had the bags of frozen peas on top of the head. I got to sleep at about 2 a.m. I am getting up and getting ready for the needles. I have to wash my feet as the needles go into the soles ....... catch you later
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2019, 06:47   #146505
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Morning all, brighter morning than of late.
Hope all goes well with the acupuncture Phil, I'm off to the opticians this morning for my eye test.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2019, 08:23   #146506
reworht
This is my second home

Honda HR-V 1.6 i-DTEC SE Navi 5dr Diesel Hatchback

Thanked 2,156 Times in 1,497 Posts

Morning Bob, Phil and Ian - we are but a few nowadays at breakfast aren't we
It's a cool grey day here, but at least the on and off rain from yesterday has cleared. It's amazing how, after a prolonged dry period, the grass turns greener overnight when it finally does rain. Mind you, it also makes the daisies on the lawns grow a darned sight faster too.
I'm on countdown to jollies now - a week today we'll be heading for Norfolk with the tin tent hung on the back - Southbound A1M and Eastbound A17 - you have been warned

Rodney - you plonker!
... but more commonly known as Rod !
reworht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2019, 08:33   #146507
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by reworht View Post
Morning Bob, Phil and Ian - we are but a few nowadays at breakfast aren't we
It's a cool grey day here, but at least the on and off rain from yesterday has cleared. It's amazing how, after a prolonged dry period, the grass turns greener overnight when it finally does rain. Mind you, it also makes the daisies on the lawns grow a darned sight faster too.
I'm on countdown to jollies now - a week today we'll be heading for Norfolk with the tin tent hung on the back - Southbound A1M and Eastbound A17 - you have been warned
Not here it hasn"t Rod, dull wet and cold this morning. Homeward bound today, pity as I would have liked another day here.
Old 28th May 2019, 10:18   #146508
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Morning all, yes we are few and far between in here these days, the members must know what we are like!!
Old 28th May 2019, 10:59   #146509
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

That's my opticians appointment done, my lens prescription had changed since the last time so I'm a little lighter in the wallet department

I told him don't go trying to sell me expensive "designer" frames because I just want to see clearly & not NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- about in em.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2019, 14:04   #146510
Rogue
I really should get out more.......

75 CDT SE 160 Saloon

Thanked 1,096 Times in 774 Posts

I have come to the conclusion that i am bored being at work today ... Roll on my next hols in a few weeks time

Glutton for punishment --- Previously ... 2.6 SD1 x 2, 3.5 SD1, 820S, 820Si x2, 216 Gsi, 220T saloon, 414, 45 1.4 x2 and now a Cowley 75 CDT
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote