Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 27th March 2016, 11:49   #1
Saga Lout
This is my second home

MG ZT and Rover 75,

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,037 Posts
Default Is anyone else a reader?

I don't find TV entertaining anymore, the golden days seem to be well and truly gone. I find that a good read stimulates me in a more positive way and so, I read a lot. I'm just putting away my last three weeks of books before I pick up the next one. Is anyone else an avid bibliophile?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF5373.jpg (129.2 KB, 57 views)
Saga Lout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2016, 12:05   #2
Gino
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer

Hi Saga Lout,

I am a reader, although not as much as a used to be. Saying that I have just read Stephen King's 'Finders Keepers' while at work yesterday & today.

I presume, going on the supplied picture, you are not a fan of e readers? I much prefer to feel the book.

Rob

MODS DONE;

plenum spyhole, bonnet cable divider block (previous owner), chrome wing mirror covers, gold fan resistor (previous owner), s/s bumper bolts, uprated under tray fittings
silicone intercooler hose, Viton O rings, Crofts door finishers, boot badge, wood dash, Phil-t4's magic wand, wood wheel, mk2 repeaters, HK tweeters & Angel eye projectors.
Gino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2016, 12:09   #3
Heddy
This is my second home

None

Thanked 1,161 Times in 924 Posts

I read Dean Koontz, King etc. always horror and supernatural, but don't set time aside to read. The forum is an interesting read on some occasions, behavioural patterns are quite interesting to me.
Heddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2016, 12:16   #4
Dubya
Loves to post

2005 MG ZT-T+ V6 190

Another fan of Clive Cussler I see! I've just started to read Piranha. If you enjoy his books I would recommend Andy McDermott''s series featuring Nina Wilde and Eddie Chase.
Dubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2016, 14:16   #5
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

SWMBO enjoys the soaps whilst I really cannot stand them, so i invariably have a book on the go. I re-read "The Hundred Year old Man who Climbed out of a Window and Disappeared" recently and found it just as funny the second time as the first.

Certainly recommend that one.
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2016, 14:43   #6
freck
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDT Connie Tourer

You lot have got far too much time on your hands, apart from you Gino (get some work done! )
I've only managed to get to read 4 books in the last year let alone the last week!

Mods planned - Cruise retrofit - Done, ZT front bumper - Done, 160 remap - Done...and probably one or two more

This vehicle was the 15,751st 75 Tourer to run off the production line, out of 27,407
This vehicle was the 3,726th 75 Tourer CDT Connoisseur to be made out of 4,100
This vehicle was the 732nd 75 Tourer in Starlight Silver (code: MBB) to be made out of 4,100 Starlight Silver 75 Tourers
freck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2016, 15:02   #7
Gino
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by freck View Post
You lot have got far too much time on your hands, apart from you Gino (get some work done! )
I've only managed to get to read 4 books in the last year let alone the last week!
Ha! I would do, but I've got it all done. It makes 12 hr shifts very boring. It's not too bad in the week as I always have customer queries to deal with. However, over the weekend that is minimal.

Over the past month I have read 3 Jo Nesbo novels, I highly recomend them if you like crime thriller.

Rob

MODS DONE;

plenum spyhole, bonnet cable divider block (previous owner), chrome wing mirror covers, gold fan resistor (previous owner), s/s bumper bolts, uprated under tray fittings
silicone intercooler hose, Viton O rings, Crofts door finishers, boot badge, wood dash, Phil-t4's magic wand, wood wheel, mk2 repeaters, HK tweeters & Angel eye projectors.
Gino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2016, 15:15   #8
reworht
This is my second home

Honda HR-V 1.6 i-DTEC SE Navi 5dr Diesel Hatchback

Thanked 2,156 Times in 1,497 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saga Lout View Post
I don't find TV entertaining anymore, the golden days seem to be well and truly gone. I find that a good read stimulates me in a more positive way and so, I read a lot. I'm just putting away my last three weeks of books before I pick up the next one. Is anyone else an avid bibliophile?
A few there I'd be happy to read - Clive Cussler, Andy McNab etc.
I've recently read my way through a series of Dean Koonz novels featuring Odd Thomas - recommended.

Rodney - you plonker!
... but more commonly known as Rod !
reworht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2016, 15:26   #9
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saga Lout View Post
I dont find TV entertaining anymore either, I rarely watch TV and I dont read books either, all I seem to read is pc screens, paperwork, LOTS OF IT, memo's, invoices, delivery notes, bills and more bills.

My wife and daughters enjoy TV, they are also Bibliophile's where books are read daily, even hourly. We have a large collection of books where I have had to buy more book case's, we have books everywhere (they are filtering into the caravan).

My parents dont even own a TV anymore, they gave up watching TV 20 years ago, how may people can say that?
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2016, 15:34   #10
barney bear
This is my second home

rover 75 Connoiseur diesel called Rosey

Thanked 2,001 Times in 1,424 Posts

I used to read 4-5 books a week, now however I can't seem to raise the enthusiasm to even finish the 2 I started last month Don't know why either, I just lost the will to sit down and read