Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 11th February 2024, 18:09   #173381
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Who remembers the “New Avengers”? No, I’m not talking about getting all hot and bothered about Purdey but rather the “Big Cat”, Steed’s Jaguar, XJ12 modified by Broadspeed. Can’t help wondering what happened to it?

It was sold by the production company after the series ended, went through several hands before ending up basically being abandoned in a lock up. It was sold at auction in 2015 for £50k over the estimate, last known of undergoing an extensive restoration at Cheshire Classic Cars in 2018 but it disappeared off the face of the earth. I’d love to know where it is now, reg enquiry doesn’t tell anything.

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2024, 06:25   #173382
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post
Who remembers the “New Avengers”? No, I’m not talking about getting all hot and bothered about Purdey but rather the “Big Cat”, Steed’s Jaguar, XJ12 modified by Broadspeed. Can’t help wondering what happened to it?

It was sold by the production company after the series ended, went through several hands before ending up basically being abandoned in a lock up. It was sold at auction in 2015 for £50k over the estimate, last known of undergoing an extensive restoration at Cheshire Classic Cars in 2018 but it disappeared off the face of the earth. I’d love to know where it is now, reg enquiry doesn’t tell anything.
What a beast.....I'm far too young to remember the programme obviously
Old 12th February 2024, 06:32   #173383
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Bleedin' fridge freezer has decided to go belly up last night. The frost free fan started to make some noises. I removed the build up of ice in the fan casing and it's now running without noise but the fridge is not cooling.

Freezer stuff is still cold but that won't last. We have an overflow freezer in the garage so I'll transfer the frozen stuff into there. Perishable foods in the fridge can go in my drinks fridge in the studio.

Then it will be off to look at replacements. Our present one is probably getting on for seven years old so not really worth looking into getting it repaired !

No boat cleaning for me today then
Old 12th February 2024, 06:56   #173384
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts
Default The Chill Out Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat View Post
Bleedin' fridge freezer has decided to go belly up last night. The frost free fan started to make some noises. I removed the build up of ice in the fan casing and it's now running without noise but the fridge is not cooling.

Freezer stuff is still cold but that won't last. We have an overflow freezer in the garage so I'll transfer the frozen stuff into there. Perishable foods in the fridge can go in my drinks fridge in the studio.

Then it will be off to look at replacements. Our present one is probably getting on for seven years old so not really worth looking into getting it repaired !

Thank you all for your birthday wishes to Jessica, much appreciated.

Good morning Jeff, not a great start to the day for you with the fridge packing up like that and with the expense of buying a replacement.

This morning I was in the sea at 07:00 but had to get out because there was strong undertows. All of the sun beds around the pool were taken with towels on them and placed on the sun beds were books titled in German and no one using the beds. We went to the shopping arcade in the hotel
to get some paperback books but they were all in German. The shop said they were giving them away, so I picked up 2, one for each sun bed. I speak a little German so we will be okay. The hotel is multinational with people from the UK, Germany, USA, Italy and Kenya.

Hoping to get a swim later on in a rock pool
after the tide has gone out. Today its sunscreen and hat as the weather is hot and sunny 32-34C

What is everyone up to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2024, 06:58   #173385
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

Quote:

I have used AO.com for white goods. Usually delivered and fitted (if required) next day and reasonable too!
Old 12th February 2024, 07:05   #173386
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

Morning everyone. Hope all are well. Just been watching the Corfu Airport live cam and a plane landed. Nothing unusual about that you might say but the runway is currently undergoing resurfacing and trucks etc are scattered all over the place, along with piles of who knows what. Bravo pilots!
UPDATE:- It seems that works are going on through to March!

Last edited by roverbarmy; 12th February 2024 at 14:11..
roverbarmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2024, 07:31   #173387
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Morning all, Grey skies & wet from overnight rain & a tad colder today.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2024, 09:00   #173388
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Morning all, apologies for my absence, had a lot going on lately, new job just started then found out my youngest daughters illness was caused by a brain tumour!

To cut a long story short, she could not keep food down for the last 12 weeks, hospital first diagnosed bulimia, then pregnancy (quite difficult seeing as she is in a same sex relationship!!)

Finally got an mri which revealed the cause, she was due in for surgery today but a course of steroids over the weekend shrunk the tumour by 50%, she was sent home to continue with a course of medication and close monitoring for the next months to come..

A slightly more settled Dad here this morning....

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk
Old 12th February 2024, 09:05   #173389
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Sorry to hear about your daughter Andy, hopefully the steroids keep doing the job and an operation isn’t necessary. Pass on our best wishes.

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2024, 09:54   #173390
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

Quote:
Bleedin' fridge freezer has decided to go belly up last night. The frost free fan started to make some noises. I removed the build up of ice in the fan casing and it's now running without noise but the fridge is not cooling. Freezer stuff is still cold but that won't last. We have an overflow freezer in the garage so I'll transfer the frozen stuff into there. Perishable foods in the fridge can go in my drinks fridge in the studio.
Then it will be off to look at replacements. Our present one is probably getting on for seven years old so not really worth looking into getting it repaired! No boat cleaning for me today then
Almost certain that the defrost heater element is borked but they can be replaced. The evaporator will be iced up blocking the flow of cold air to the fridge which warms up as a result. However the freezer continues to work of a fashion and if you defrost it manually the fridge too will work but only for a short time until the ice builds up again on the evaporator.
WillyHeckaslike is offline   Reply With Quote