Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 4th November 2017, 08:37   #41
Onesixty
Regular poster

MG ZT

Thumbs up

December sounds good to me, gives me chance to get the money sorted and the cams in
Onesixty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2017, 12:14   #42
Neil1
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T CDTI Auto

I say bring it on another seller doing Remaps but the best bit is a rolling road session, nothing can beat that.

I have put many of the cars I have owned over the years through a rolling road, it's very handy to find out if the modifications you have made actually do what they are supposed to do and not lose you power.

This has happened on a couple of occasions.

It's a shame Steve is too far away from me otherwise I would be around there like a shot!
Neil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2017, 17:38   #43
CivilSteve
Avid contributor

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeRich View Post
Out of interest, what sort of returns could be expected from a remapped standard 75 1.8T auto tuned for extra economy and torque rather than all-out power?
ECU tuning allows you to have your cake & eat it. You can map the car to only give full power under full throttle and a more tame version everywhere else. Although mpg gains would not normally be to large , expect perhaps a few mpg if driving style remains constant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onesixty View Post
December sounds good to me, gives me chance to get the money sorted and the cams in
What engine? Turbo ones can take a bit of work to get right with the air fuel ratios etc. So if we have a good turn out might be best to do your car on a day where can dedicate more time specifically to it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil1 View Post
I say bring it on another seller doing Remaps but the best bit is a rolling road session, nothing can beat that.

I have put many of the cars I have owned over the years through a rolling road, it's very handy to find out if the modifications you have made actually do what they are supposed to do and not lose you power.

This has happened on a couple of occasions.

It's a shame Steve is too far away from me otherwise I would be around there like a shot!
At the end of the day healthy competition will benefit the consumer by pushing suppliers to improve the products.

Rolling roads are very useful tools for before/after testing. It is something I would like to do more of for the community ie testing to confirm the effects of various modifications such as decats, egr removal etc

You could always come up for a long weekend, Manchester is quite the city with lots of fantastic places to eat and what not. Plus football ...if you're into that
CivilSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2017, 08:52   #44
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

Thread cleaned up and off topic comments removed. This is a traders post advertising their business so let’s keep it on topic please and relevant to them.

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2017, 09:50   #45
Neil1

MG ZT-T CDTI Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by CivilSteve View Post
You could always come up for a long weekend, Manchester is quite the city with lots of fantastic places to eat and what not. Plus football ...if you're into that
I must confess I have never been to Manchester, so yes that would be an idea, wouldn't do it until next year though not until it's warmer.
Sorry, not into Football, Rugby & Cricket along with F1 are what I like.
Neil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2017, 11:18   #46
victorgte

MGTF, MGZT, Range Rover

A proper EGR disable is also possible with mapping so at least no engine light/dirty hands. Handy if you want it off in case something else does cause it to come on. Can also have it mapped so the EGR activates when the engine is cold to help speed engine warm up (for economy and driver comfort) then switch off when engine is up to temp.

This appeals to me. L series takes a lot longer than my K series to warm up. Winter is coming after all.
Old 5th November 2017, 13:31   #47
CivilSteve
Avid contributor

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by sworks View Post
Thread cleaned up and off topic comments removed. This is a traders post advertising their business so let’s keep it on topic please and relevant to them.
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil1 View Post
I must confess I have never been to Manchester, so yes that would be an idea, wouldn't do it until next year though not until it's warmer.
Sorry, not into Football, Rugby & Cricket along with F1 are what I like.
I've only lived up here for a few years and have been loving it. Some great burger places!

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorgte View Post
This appeals to me. L series takes a lot longer than my K series to warm up. Winter is coming after all.
That is the problem with diesels, just too damn efficient
It's something we've developed to try and help fix these little problems. Also looking into the idea of launch control for the L series ....

Yesterday we had a L series with SDi injectors in for tuning. 133 -> 155hp . Still some more torque to be had from it as it was burning clean despite requesting a lot of fuel and diagnostics hinted towards pump issues. Also switched it to run on MAP sensor rather than MAF so fixed the 4K rev limiter problem he had
Old 5th November 2017, 14:01   #48
victorgte

MGTF, MGZT, Range Rover

If I remember correctly in 2005 my 1 year old Streetwise was given approx 130bhp and 225 lb/ft torque. It even upped the mpg to 58. Not sure about 130bhp now when it could cook an older clutch. Will send you a PM about dates in December. I’m recovering from surgery at the moment so no chance of a drive to Manchester in the next few weeks.
Old 5th November 2017, 15:22   #49
VVC-Geeza
This is my second home

2005 Connoisseur SE 1.8 Turbo,2004 45 1.8 Connoisseur and my beloved 1998 VVC Coupe.

Thanked 1,016 Times in 739 Posts

How does your 1.8T map compare peak power wise with the K maps one?

Would you see much difference with a stainless free flowing exhaust fitted?

VVC-Geeza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2017, 19:57   #50
CivilSteve
Avid contributor

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorgte View Post
If I remember correctly in 2005 my 1 year old Streetwise was given approx 130bhp and 225 lb/ft torque. It even upped the mpg to 58. Not sure about 130bhp now when it could cook an older clutch. Will send you a PM about dates in December. I’m recovering from surgery at the moment so no chance of a drive to Manchester in the next few weeks.
Get well soon mate
Peak torque will be the bit to watch out for, having a dyno makes getting this right easier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVC-Geeza View Post
How does your 1.8T map compare peak power wise with the K maps one?

Would you see much difference with a stainless free flowing exhaust fitted?
Without doing a proper comparison ie same car, same day, same dyno, I wouldn't feel right to say.
On a 1.8 135 setup we did do this and saw a ~1hp difference between us. Which is probably more down to dyno run variations.