Notices

Old 29th September 2017, 13:34   #133531
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by windrush View Post
Good afternoon Phil it's good to here you are keeping well I am hoping to meet up with you before go back to Home the chair lift should be fitted quite soon so I am hoping it will be then I can't see me makings the ELY next week as I am still on my Zimmer frame
Good afternoon Derek, the stair lift will make such a difference. My dad had one in his house for years and it certainly helped him to get around the house, no worries about falling down the stairs. Don't put yourself under any pressure to get to the meets. Give yourself plenty of time to regain your strength to build up the legs, with at least 3 - 6 months. No pressure. The meets are not everything. I used to think they were but they are not. Health first. I once made the mistake of going to a meet 2 years ago in North Yorkshire when I was seriously ill at the time. It was a case of "I have to get to that meet, no matter what". I should have known better, but hey ho, one learns

I have not put myself down for the Ely meet, but if I am free on the day, I will drive over.

The last meet I went to was The Ugly Duckling (unlimited breakfast). You should have seen how much food some of the guys stuffed into themselves. Mountains of food, plate loads, many times over. Mind you though, some of them have big bellies to feed and the food was very tasty. I can only manage children's portions these days, the bonus is I lost about 2 stone in weight this summer
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2017, 14:00   #133532
windrush
This is my second home

December 2004 Rover 75 2ltr CDTi Connoisseur SE HL Tourer

Thanked 3,015 Times in 2,347 Posts
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Good afternoon Derek, the stair lift will make such a difference. My dad had one in his house for years and it certainly helped him to get around the house, no worries about falling down the stairs. Don't put yourself under any pressure to get to the meets. Give yourself plenty of time to regain your strength to build up the legs, with at least 3 - 6 months. No pressure. The meets are not everything. I used to think they were but they are not. Health first. I once made the mistake of going to a meet 2 years ago in North Yorkshire when I was seriously ill at the time. It was a case of "I have to get to that meet, no matter what". I should have known better, but hey ho, one learns

I have not put myself down for the Ely meet, but if I am free on the day, I will drive over.

The last meet I went to was The Ugly Duckling (unlimited breakfast). You should have seen how much food some of the guys stuffed into themselves. Mountains of food, plate loads, many times over. Mind you though, some of them have big bellies to feed and the food was very tasty. I can only manage children's portions these days, the bonus is I lost about 2 stone in weight this summer

Hi Phil I have to see you before you go home to Jessica as you have help me no end up over this illness with first class advice and encouragement to get on with it to which I will be every more grateful
Club Member No. 96 / Forum User No. 111
REGISTRATION to the club as a member FREE, FULL MEMBERSHIP is £10

WE WILL REMEMBER THEM
windrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2017, 14:31   #133533
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by windrush View Post

Hi Phil I have to see you before you go home to Jessica as you have help me no end up over this illness with first class advice and encouragement to get on with it to which I will be every more grateful
Thank you for saying that Derek. A cup of tea and 2 digestive biscuits would be nice. Drop me a pm when you are ready and I will drive over to see Lilian and yourself. I will probably be flying off in about 3 weeks to Nairobi and will be back in UK mid January to have a scan, do some other things, so we can meet up then if you are not up to having a visit at the moment. Its perfectly understandable. I am guided by your wishes
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2017, 16:21   #133534
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
Good morning Derek, It's been an expensive month, MOT & car tax in the same week, That's me skint again
Same here, already overdrawn, thanks to MOT ,and 3 days lost work, now have to pay 132quid to tax the van, but if I decide to buy the one Im going to look at tomorrow, I will wait until middle of the month before changing, .

Last edited by RPWC; 29th September 2017 at 16:25.. Reason: spelling.
RPWC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2017, 16:24   #133535
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Evening all. It's been a dry day for most part, I managed to do a bit of gardening but mostly practicing couch potato mode.

There ain't half a lot of spiders & webs everywhere in the garden, I've never seen as many, also saw a lone red admiral butterfly too.

I think I might regret the adventurous tea tonight, chicken Tikka Masala meal with pilau rice, Could be on for a ring sting tomorrow

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2017, 16:38   #133536
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Evening all. It's been a dry day for most part, I managed to do a bit of gardening but mostly practicing couch potato mode.

There ain't half a lot of spiders & webs everywhere in the garden, I've never seen as many, also saw a lone red admiral butterfly too.

I think I might regret the adventurous tea tonight, chicken Tikka Masala meal with pilau rice, Could be on for a ring sting tomorrow
If you get stingy ringy on a Masala dish I would hate to see what happens when you try a 'hot' dish
Old 29th September 2017, 16:44   #133537
freddie
Passed Away

75 cdti connoisseur se saloon

Thanked 1,921 Times in 1,345 Posts

Evening all spent most of the day sleeping did not get much sleep last night got this stinking cold plus nipped out yesterday morning and put my back out some how

LADY IN RED
freddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2017, 17:34   #133538
stevenicks
This is my second home

MG ZT 180 Auto / Rover 75 2.0 Diesel

Thanked 1,666 Times in 1,264 Posts

Quote:

Talking about ring stings Ian, I've just had a homemade hot curry . I will probably have an a r s e like a blood orange in the morning .

Steve
stevenicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2017, 17:40   #133539
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Good morning Ian, it does hurt. I had MOT, car tax and car serviced. Private health insurance was £4000, all last week and fortunately, that's only once a year. Next big one will be the flight to Nairobi and the breakdown cover for LJW.

Incidentally LJW will be 19 years old on 02 October

I was parked up in a multi storey car park at Brent Cross a few days ago sitting in the car checking messages on the phone. I had parked in an area where there were no other cars....(as one does). Suddenly there was a tap on the window. An elderly couple said how immaculate and new the car looked. The man told me how he had been the main Rover dealer for Camden Town back in the day and he knew all the specs for the 75 with the real wood dash. I thanked him and his wife for the compliments and they thanked me for keeping the car looking so pristine. A positive and feel good experience
Blimey Phil I thought my week was an expensive one. That was very nice of them to say how good your Rover looks, Better than 'What a $h*tbox' comment I got from IMGUR gallery about my Rover 75 picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat View Post
If you get stingy ringy on a Masala dish I would hate to see what happens when you try a 'hot' dish

LOL You are a seasoned curry aficionado I rarely have anything more spicy than a twist of pepper on food, I must say it was very tasty although my mouth is numb enough to have my teeth out without pain and my stomach is churning like an old pot boiler so I think a ring cushion is in order tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddie View Post
Evening all spent most of the day sleeping did not get much sleep last night got this stinking cold plus nipped out yesterday morning and put my back out some how

Ouch! Freddie Nowt worse than a bad back, Went to Mam & Dads this afternoon & both of them are coming down with a cold, their voices sounded very deep.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto

Last edited by Lancpudn; 29th September 2017 at 17:42..
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2017, 18:03   #133540
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Blimey Phil I thought my week was an expensive one. That was very nice of them to say how good your Rover looks, Better than 'What a $h*tbox' comment I got from IMGUR gallery about my Rover 75 picture

LOL You are a seasoned curry aficionado I rarely have anything more spicy than a twist of pepper on food, I must say it was very tasty although my mouth is numb enough to have my teeth out without pain and my stomach is churning like an old pot boiler so I think a ring cushion is in order tomorrow.

lightweight!! Mind you I couldn't go higher than pathia nowadays, I used to be able to take a madras no bother, but can only manage supermarket madras these days. A restaurant/takeaway one would be too hot.