Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > The Valeting Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 29th July 2010, 22:35   #11
Graham E
Loves to post

MG ZT-T CDTI

Take it back and tell them you are not happy and tell them to sort it out in 7 days or you will take it further. Give it to them in writing too.
Graham E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2010, 23:42   #12
AURORA MG
Banned

(EX)-ZT-T190SE in Aurora.

This sounds like a case of an insurance approved bodyshop & if it is avoid any of them like the plague as they are told by the insurance companies to do it as quick as possible & the bodyshops generally get a lower rate

When my renewal came through for the ZR-Express I was please it was the same price as last year but then I read some ammendments & one was the excess was an extra £200 if I used a non approved bodyshop So I rang them up & told them that I wasn't using places that give backhanders to insurance companies to do a **** job & that if the car was repaired in such a place I would send it back as many times as it took for them to do it properly costing them all a fortune & thus it would be cheaper for me to send it to the place I use = I cancelled the policy!
AURORA MG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2010, 09:32   #13
Tim_Burgess
This is my second home

1999 75 Connoisseur SE 2.5, 2000 75 Classic SE 2.0, 2012 Lancia Delta 3, 2016 Dacia Sandero Ambiance

If the standard of work looks that poor on collection, what on earth is it going to be like after a year or so?

I had a then new Cavalier repaired by a Vauxhall dealer after a van drove in to the driver's door and front wing. Within 6 months there was rust breaking out all round the periphery of the door. I took it back and they "repaired" it. Same thing 6 months later, so I took it back again.

The car was moved on shortly after and next time I saw it the drivers door was as rusty as an old horseshoe.

That's when I learned my lesson about bodyshops. Find a good one and stick with them, no matter what your insurer says.
Old 30th July 2010, 10:13   #14
kully
Loves to post

75 MkI 1.8T Saloon

What "Aurora ZT-T" said - I've had three very unpleasant experiences with 'approved' body shops - not refilling A/C gas after emptying, over a pint of coolant below minimum, car left in the rain with no door, badly fitted seals and panels... And from three different bodyshops on three different occasions.
kully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2010, 19:59   #15
1gp
I really should get out more.......

mgzt, 135 cdti , manual , in solar red.also own a mgtf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 48rov06 View Post
Thanks Jim .When I complained about colour first of all it was Rover fault not a modern paint . I said it is not even in the same shades was more the blue grey BMW use.Car stood for a week then they took fuel cover of car said they had sent it off to ICI for matching .ICI was going to mix a formula then send them paint to try if it was ok they were going to order paint . I asked has your paint mixer broken down reply special paint utter ****. Will warn everyone not to use . ALAN
unreal never heard so much rubbish , and they reckon there skilled "joke" . they dont need to send fuel flap off to get a formula, ici rep would come and scan the colour, and it would find a colour thats 97% match jobdone .... even failing that they could of tinted the colour if they were up to it , but by the sounds of it there not , and then blended the colour into the other panels to match ..... " a very poor show ". but this is how dealer bodyshops are nowdays ..... i work at a family run bodyshop and we get no end of work that should go to a dealer, but they bring it to us because they no it will be right... if you lived near me i would gladly sort it for you hope you get things sorted out ... if you need any advice you know where iam just email me.
1gp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2010, 19:39   #16
48rov06
Loves to post

75 connoisseur se cdti tourer 2006 tempest grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1gp View Post
unreal never heard so much rubbish , and they reckon there skilled "joke" . they dont need to send fuel flap off to get a formula, ici rep would come and scan the colour, and it would find a colour thats 97% match jobdone .... even failing that they could of tinted the colour if they were up to it , but by the sounds of it there not , and then blended the colour into the other panels to match ..... " a very poor show ". but this is how dealer bodyshops are nowdays ..... i work at a family run bodyshop and we get no end of work that should go to a dealer, but they bring it to us because they no it will be right... if you lived near me i would gladly sort it for you hope you get things sorted out ... if you need any advice you know where iam just email me.
Thanks for offer Jim . Car back from body-shop they had it for a couple of hours told me they mopped it. It is a lot better but not all off, going to clay it this weekend .What is the best way to get it back to a high gloss which will last with a good protection. Regards Alan
48rov06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2010, 17:32   #17
Dave***t
Gets stuck in

MG ZT+ 180 SE

I'd seriously consider the suggestion of telling them you're going to get a detailer to do a proper job and they're paying for it. Should get them moving one way or another.

On a DIY level you're going to need a machine polisher to properly sort it out - I'd be staggered if such an inept outfit had mopped it with anything more than an aggressive compound which will have left swirl marks all over it. Even if you can't see them initially, try taking a look at the paint under petrol station lights. I'd be willing to bet it'll look more like a sand dune than a millpond.

Which, unless you've got a polisher-owning friend who's open to bribes, is more expense.