Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 20th December 2018, 12:46   #31
T16
I really should get out more.......

ZT CDTi 135, ZT260SE

I'll only hog the middle when its quiet, at night.
T16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2018, 12:49   #32
Number 6
This is my second home

Rover 75 tourer Club CD/Limo Tints

Thanked 1,609 Times in 869 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by T16 View Post
Bigger things to worry about tbh..

I stick to the middle lane when on long night drives in the UK, as the inside lane is an utter pain, full of holes, bumps, damaged surface etc.

So imagine 10+Hrs of BANG, BANG, BANG, on the "sports" Suspension on the Mk2.

So at night, I stick to the middle lane, and care not a jot what anyone else thinks, so ner nerrr!!
And there lies the problem,You said it yourself Quote "I care not a jot what anyone else thinks"..... I hope one day Karma does not come back to bite you..

"I started out with nothing, and Ive still got most of it left!"
Number 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2018, 12:50   #33
T16
I really should get out more.......

ZT CDTi 135, ZT260SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 6 View Post
And there lies the problem,You said it yourself Quote "I care not a jot what anyone else thinks"..... I hope one day Karma does not come back to bite you..

And what would the appropriate Karma be for using the middle lane at night ?
T16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2018, 13:00   #34
Number 6
This is my second home

Rover 75 tourer Club CD/Limo Tints

Thanked 1,609 Times in 869 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by T16 View Post
And what would the appropriate Karma be for using the middle lane at night ?
I am not even going to bother answering as with the attitude you have IE "I will do what I want" it would make no difference

"I started out with nothing, and Ive still got most of it left!"
Number 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2018, 13:08   #35
bobb12005
Avid contributor

rover75

dont you think that a lot of poor motorway skills is down to the fact when learning to drive people are not taught to drive on motorways so the result is they are self taught which was fine 40 years ago but with todays motorways is a fast way of killing there selves and other people
bobb12005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2018, 14:42   #36
Cantray
Avid contributor

Rover 75 1.8 Club SE, Rover 75 cdt Club, Rover 75 1.8 Connoisseur SE

It always makes me smile, other drivers are much more impatient when I am in a rover.
Cantray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2018, 15:02   #37
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
Yeah had this earlier on this evening, driving on the CME in Newcastle.

Woman in a Nissan Juke with super bright DRLs, didn't realise she had no light on, so I made a point of flashing my lights at her.

I came off the same sliproad as her, and she was turning left, and I right, so as I pulled alongside, I wound down my window and tooted my horn.

It was as if I was invisible, she was looking straight ahead with blinkers on, so as the traffic was at a standstill, I actually got out of the car and rapped on the window of her car.

She looked at me miming winding the window down in what can be described as utter confusion, so I shouted loudly through the closed window at her that she was driving without her lights on.

Not a glimmer of anything resembling common sense, and off she drove still with no lights on, you couldn't make it up

My wife was sitting in the passenger seat, and couldn't believe the complete stupidity of it all, so that's my rant, DRL's and instrument packs that illuminate even with the lights turned off.

Brian
I did similar, woman looked at her dashboard and said she had drls on and she knew that drls don't provide lights to the rear. 89% of other traffic had dipped headlights.

DOT should bring in compulsory rear lights when side, head or drl lights are on at the front. Mind you why on earth does the motor industry not do it (display rear lights) voluntarily?

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2018, 15:21   #38
gadget1960
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
My real hate on the motorway is people who cannot control their speed and slow down and speed up, especially when you are overtaking..
Ahhh, that will be my dad bless him, he's 178 years old, drives an x type (really badly) and still thinks he's the dogs danglies behind the wheel.
Back in july he got done for speeding! and had to take a speed aware course hahahaaa.
Hasn't changed a single thing... he still drives like he's the only car on the road.
We've had any number of arguments over his driving habits but he point blank refuses to admit that he's not totally aware of what he's doing, or ...perhaps he is but just doesn't care.
Lets be fair ... what driver is ready to admit they just aren't that good behind the wheel?
gadget1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2018, 15:41   #39
gadget1960
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantray View Post
It always makes me smile, other drivers are much more impatient when I am in a rover.
Hahaaa. exactly. Two days after buying my 75 I was heading out of Dover along the seafront which is a 40mph limit with a few sets of lights.
As I was doing spot on 40mph a young lad undertook me and pulled in front just as the lights were turning red, as he was undertaking me he put his arm out the window shaking his fist! I assumed it was at me (for doing 40 in a 40??) so I exited the car walked up to his window and said... well you spotty Herbert.. do you want to add anything else to that gesture now I'm standing here?
Na mate naaa mate ...I didn't mean it blah blah blah and all the excuses started coming.
It was very much apparent he thought because I drive a 75 I must be a doddery old f**t, the look of surprise on his spotty little face was priceless when confronted by someone who clearly isn't and old f**t ... far from it. Best bit of all ... he mugged himself good 'n' proper in front of his girlfriend hahaha.
As said in a previous post, I generally don't get aggranoid over incidents like that but he definitely needed sorting out.
gadget1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2018, 19:22   #40
Comfortably Numb
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mss View Post
With everyone here (other than T16) being a self-declared outstanding driver, does it not make you wonder where all the bad drivers come from?
They are on a German car forum, complaining about MGR drivers.
Comfortably Numb is offline   Reply With Quote