Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > V8 Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 26th September 2013, 22:22   #41
VMax1000
Passed Away

MG ZT260

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny t View Post
Why does any question about the 260 always end in a discussion about them being overpriced, you make your choice and pay the price it's that simple! If you can't afford one don't talk them down I personally wouldn't want a 190 but I don't slag them off
Well said man..................
VMax1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2013, 22:24   #42
J1MBO
This is my second home

Roverless & now carless

Thanked 2,428 Times in 1,301 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
Treat the V8 like ANY other used car, go and look it over, check the usual issues, and haggle with the owner, you will know what its worth - The owner will have a price in mind to sell.

Easy as that!!
Tend to agree with that scenario Andy .
J1MBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2013, 08:27   #43
MrDoodles
Banned

MG ZT+ V6 190

Thanked 1,196 Times in 818 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMax1000 View Post
Just found over 100 Aston Martins DB9 for sale
It's interesting that you mention the DB9 and the amount currently for sale, as Aston Martin produced around 5,000 DB9's which I would have to think, because it was initially a high value car, that most still survive!

With that in mind, if 100 are currently for sale (and I'll take your word for that) that represents just 2% of the cars production.

Now, I think that just 883 V8's were produced, but from what I read, there's been quite a high attrition rate for these cars and have seen figures of between 400 and 500 that survive.

Now, if that is the case, a figure of 30 cars for sale, would represent around 7% of the total remaining cars!

It's also interesting perhaps to note that early DB9's are now getting very close to the £30K mark, so represent excellent value, when compared to their price new!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny t View Post
Why does any question about the 260 always end in a discussion about them being overpriced, you make your choice and pay the price it's that simple! If you can't afford one don't talk them down I personally wouldn't want a 190 but I don't slag them off
Well to be fair to the OP, he did ask a price based question originally and there will always be a difference of opinion on what ANY car, is worth, as it's always a figure that both the buyer and seller are happy with!

As for the cars being "slagged off" I think you must be reading a different thread to myself, as I haven't seen anything in this thread criticising the cars, just a difference of opinion over values, which I hardly see as a "slagging off" as you put it!

Last edited by MrDoodles; 27th September 2013 at 08:29..
MrDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote