Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 12th January 2013, 17:45   #1
hinged_bap
Gets stuck in

75 CDT Conn SE Auto saloon

Default Drivers seat too low.

I lent my car to sis yesterday whilst i changed her discs and pads on her astra, anyway, on return of my car, i noticed the drivers seat was extremely low which seemed strange given shes barely 5 foot and i'm 5'10". Anyway, i used the electric thing to raise it but it never reaches the height it was prior to lending it to sis. Interestingly, at its new 'maximum' height, i can get hold of the seat, and pull it up and it seems to want to stay at the height i was used to being at but when i sit on it, it just makes a horrible loud metallic clicky noise ( like its catching on something ) and reverts back to the very low position. I've done a search but have found nothing conclusive, i was hoping some of you peeps on here might have some suggestions.
tia
bap
hinged_bap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2013, 17:53   #2
1gp
I really should get out more.......

mgzt, 135 cdti , manual , in solar red.also own a mgtf.

Take it out, and see whats going on ... just wire it to 12v on a battery charger to move it up and down etc...
1gp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2013, 08:54   #3
hinged_bap
Gets stuck in

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1gp View Post
Take it out, and see whats going on ... just wire it to 12v on a battery charger to move it up and down etc...
well, i could do i suppose but was hanging out for a definative answer.
Old 18th February 2013, 21:12   #4
hinged_bap
Gets stuck in

in case anyone else gets this problem, i was able to fix this today. At the back of the seat base, is a bar that runs left to right, each end of the bar is sort of squashed in a C section for a length of 1 inch or so and this C section engages with a circa 5/8" dia pin that protrudes from some hinge plate thingies that fit on the seat subframe that is bolted to the floor pan.
The inboard bar end was welded to this pin but the outside end the weld had broke and the bar had dropped off the pin ( and lowered the seat in the process). I was able to reattach the bar to the pin and secure it with 2 jubilee clips.