Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > S525 OVP The Club Car
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 3rd December 2013, 23:06   #11
Dorset Bob
Senior Citizen

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur SE,Chrysler 300C,124 Spider, Daytona 955i,Honda XL250 & Royal Enfield 650GT

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,686 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by seancar View Post
i can put a stop to it all i have 150 quid for ovp i will stack it and strip it and sell the parts to club members only at cut down price so they can keep there cars up to scratch and at least ovp will be going to do some good to all and not wasting away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markj View Post
Good shout Sean.
Really?
I think that these quips about destroying rare versions of these cars are starting to wear very thin.

Let the good times roll............

Old 3rd December 2013, 23:19   #12
seancar
Banned

75 tourer and t4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorset Bob View Post
Really?
I think that these quips about destroying rare versions of these cars are starting to wear very thin.
and just leaving it after all this time is not destroying it,the whole ovp thing is a joke, real world that car should and could be in show room condition by now and the clubs show piece. the way things are going it will be a rare pile of rust before you know it. quips its not a quip its the truth, either do it once and for all and do it right or sell it to some one who will or break it up and let people get there very rare cars up to scratch. with the parts on the car most are pre project i know as supplied loads of them. sorry but whos destroying a rare car not me and i dont think its the other members
Old 4th December 2013, 05:57   #13
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by seancar View Post
and just leaving it after all this time is not destroying it,the whole ovp thing is a joke, real world that car should and could be in show room condition by now and the clubs show piece. the way things are going it will be a rare pile of rust before you know it. quips its not a quip its the truth, either do it once and for all and do it right or sell it to some one who will or break it up and let people get there very rare cars up to scratch. with the parts on the car most are pre project i know as supplied loads of them. sorry but whos destroying a rare car not me and i dont think its the other members
Hi Sean

Thank you for your private message. It was good to hear from you

It was really very kind of you to have offered to do a respray for OVP in the other thread. I believe you had made the offer in good faith of doing the job for free except for the cost of the paint. When I have heard back from Christopher and if the offer is still available, I am hoping that things can move on ahead for the good of the car.

I had started this thread with one intention only (not to win another friend or to win brownie points) and that is to try and see what can be done to help Christopher to get the project finished or to get it to the POL all be it unfinished. I expected some negative posts. People have a right to free expression and so far everyone has been polite. We would all like to see closure for the project. I am hoping that the car can be saved from rotting away.
Old 4th December 2013, 06:06   #14
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Quote:
Really?
Hi Bob

More positive views welcomed
Old 4th December 2013, 09:19   #15
windrush
This is my second home

December 2004 Rover 75 2ltr CDTi Connoisseur SE HL Tourer

Thanked 3,015 Times in 2,347 Posts

I am sorry but I think this has gone on far too long now the club should cut it loses

Club Member No. 96 / Forum User No. 111
REGISTRATION to the club as a member FREE, FULL MEMBERSHIP is £10

WE WILL REMEMBER THEM
Old 4th December 2013, 13:42   #16
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

As Christopher replied in post no 3 to my opening post, can a moderator please close this thread? There are other threads about OVP still open, should anyone else want to add their thoughts about the car

Thank you!

Last edited by Gate Keeper; 4th December 2013 at 13:44..
Old 4th December 2013, 13:57   #17
Dorset Bob
Senior Citizen

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur SE,Chrysler 300C,124 Spider, Daytona 955i,Honda XL250 & Royal Enfield 650GT

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,686 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Hi Bob

More positive views welcomed
Hi Phil,
Point taken.
It was not to be meant to be a dig at Sean. I do not have any issues with cars being broken for spares, as it keeps others on the road.
I just feel that rare examples, such as this car, limos etc should try to be preserved, if possible.
Sorry if I came across abrupt.
Cheers,
Bob

Let the good times roll............

Old 4th December 2013, 14:14   #18
pab
Banned

MG ZT V6 190+

Thanked 1,614 Times in 1,416 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by windrush View Post
I am sorry but I think this has gone on far too long now the club should cut it loses

Club cut it's losses, I don't understand what your saying. What are you proposing should be done?
Old 4th December 2013, 14:23   #19
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Quote:
Hi Phil,
Point taken.
It was not to be meant to be a dig at Sean. I do not have any issues with cars being broken for spares, as it keeps others on the road.
I just feel that rare examples, such as this car, limos etc should try to be preserved, if possible.
Sorry if I came across abrupt.
Cheers,
Bob
I should have said 'more positive views like your welcomed' lol
Sean really has a big heart and I am certain he would not have been offended.

Bob, I agree with you about preserving the marque and the heritage. Can you imagine that not in the too distant future, the S reg cars could become obsolete as the numbers dwindle with age and for other reasons. Even the launch cars could be under threat. Here is an opportunity to work something out for OVP even if it is not the holy grail, it still is worth saving. My car is older than OVP and I am still doing my best to keep it on the road with help and advice from fellow members. Thanks guys

I am going to kick my soap box away
Old 4th December 2013, 16:07   #20
windrush
This is my second home

December 2004 Rover 75 2ltr CDTi Connoisseur SE HL Tourer

Thanked 3,015 Times in 2,347 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pab View Post
Club cut it's losses, I don't understand what your saying. What are you proposing should be done?
Now what do you think

Club Member No. 96 / Forum User No. 111
REGISTRATION to the club as a member FREE, FULL MEMBERSHIP is £10

WE WILL REMEMBER THEM
Closed Thread