Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 23rd March 2018, 20:39   #11
steve-45
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon CDTi

Thanked 1,089 Times in 774 Posts

Lets hope it was all just a slight misunderstanding with the new management and the first meeting held there under their tenure.

Have a good weekend all those attending, unfortunately family commitments means I can't make this one ........
steve-45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2018, 22:23   #12
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewGuyPete View Post
Hi Rob & Steve,
I am not prepared to travel down from Manchester to be told, there is No Camping on Friday, when we spend Evening meals +4 & beers.
Then on Saturday Nights, possibillity of 10 meals + beers.
This is not on!
Pete.
Hi Pete.
No one as been told that they can not camp, Charlie was covering him self because he had not been told about us maybe camping on a Friday night, therefore you can not really blame him for looking out for himself.

Once Sam the gaffer had come down I explained to him about setting up on a Friday evening he had and as no problem with that, all in all a misunderstanding between them and us before the meets had even started.

That is why in the future we need to sit down and make sure we are all reading from the same page, main thing is we have breakfast sorted, we have the field free of charge, and I am sure if he sees we are going to contribute to supporting the pub he will help more in the future.

I have a few ideas to ask him once we are settled after a couple of meets, which I will talk about when all the crew are in attendance in May but can highlight on them tomorrow when having a cuppa round Woolleys car/tent which most of us do so Arctic.

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2018, 08:20   #13
Number 6
This is my second home

Rover 75 tourer Club CD/Limo Tints

Thanked 1,609 Times in 869 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
Hi Pete.
No one as been told that they can not camp, Charlie was covering him self because he had not been told about us maybe camping on a Friday night, therefore you can not really blame him for looking out for himself.

Once Sam the gaffer had come down I explained to him about setting up on a Friday evening he had and as no problem with that, all in all a misunderstanding between them and us before the meets had even started.

That is why in the future we need to sit down and make sure we are all reading from the same page, main thing is we have breakfast sorted, we have the field free of charge, and I am sure if he sees we are going to contribute to supporting the pub he will help more in the future.

I have a few ideas to ask him once we are settled after a couple of meets, which I will talk about when all the crew are in attendance in May but can highlight on them tomorrow when having a cuppa round Woolleys car/tent which most of us do so Arctic.
Artic,I hope to be there for the May meet,will see you then

"I started out with nothing, and Ive still got most of it left!"
Number 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2018, 10:48   #14
derek v
Loves to post

Rover 75 V6

Thanks Steve well at least its sorted for future people camping at the show weekend at the four ashes. As for me I will attend over the weekends because i love the cars, but not staying the evenings on the site. It wasn't what the young man said but the way he said it that annoyed me so. Another thing that annoys me is that Black rottweiler of a loudmouth customer in the bar who thinks it fine to let his dog walk free round the place. This is the dog that was sleeping by the door last Saturday afternoon who growled at Kez and snapped at her almost biting her hand as we was leaving the pub. So all in all its now a no go place for us anymore
Old 28th March 2018, 17:21   #15
trebor
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur SE & MG ZT Saloon 190

Thanked 1,877 Times in 885 Posts

Just to confirm what Steve has already said, all is good at the Four Ashes for future Nano meets and any issues this time around were just a few teething problems between us and the new owners, so...................

> Free camping will be available on Friday & Saturday nights - bring your caravan tent or even sleep in the car if you want

> Breakfast will be available at 10am Saturday & Sunday and reports from the March meet were that it was a good English breakfast including drink. ( prices are £5 all in if we get 15 people or more and £6.50 for less than 15 )

> Evening meals available which again have good reports and a number of us at the meets enjoy a Saturday night meal in the pub.

The new owners are friendly and keen to have us continue our meets, the next one is on 11/12/13 May , please record your names on the Nano site if attending

Robs Car Gallery

Coven near Wolverhampton WV9

2000 Cowley Built Rover 75 2.0 V6 Club SE/ Atlantic Blue/ Sandstone/Walnut (daily driver)
2003 Land Rover Freelander 1 TD4 HSE Helsinki Blue/Black Leather (swmbo daily driver)

Last edited by trebor; 28th March 2018 at 19:15..
trebor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2018, 18:55   #16
ROVER2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by derek v View Post
Anyone coming today and camping. Just got here and feel like Billy no mates
where is it and do i need my rover
Old 28th March 2018, 19:15   #17
trebor
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur SE & MG ZT Saloon 190

Thanked 1,877 Times in 885 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROVER2003 View Post
where is it and do i need my rover
Derek's original post which you quote was on 23 March for the meet we have just had over that weekend

For future reference, the meets are at the Four Ashes Pub near Wolverhampton on the adjacent field, the next one is the weekend of 11/12/13 May, you don't have to bring your Rover but the whole point of the meets is giving free support and advice about the cars.

Take a look at our website via the link in my signature below for more information

Robs Car Gallery

Coven near Wolverhampton WV9

2000 Cowley Built Rover 75 2.0 V6 Club SE/ Atlantic Blue/ Sandstone/Walnut (daily driver)
2003 Land Rover Freelander 1 TD4 HSE Helsinki Blue/Black Leather (swmbo daily driver)

Last edited by trebor; 28th March 2018 at 19:17..
trebor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2018, 06:45   #18
derek v
Loves to post

Rover 75 V6

I love my Rovers and weekends away are a must for me. But attitude puts me right off people. We started to use that pub more and more since we joined the club to show willing. But sorry its not for us anymore........
Old 29th March 2018, 07:21   #19
squire
Posted a thing or two

MGB GT, 2 Morris Minor Travellers

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by derek v View Post
I love my Rovers and weekends away are a must for me. But attitude puts me right off people. We started to use that pub more and more since we joined the club to show willing. But sorry its not for us anymore........
That's a shame you feel that way. Ok, maybe their attitude was not the best at the time and that is inexcusable when dealing with people, but I do feel Steve(Arctic) summed things up well in his post. I agree with you about the dog as I'm not a dog lover, wouldn't hurt one, but don't really want one round me.
To be fair when I went in the pub it didn't come near me.

Anyway, at the end of the day you could still come on a daily basis, just use the toilets when you need to. You seem passionate about Rovers so why let one mistake spoil your enjoyment, give a second chance, you don't have to use the pub it's your choice, I know I wouldn't let what happened spoilt my fun.

All the best,

Martyn
squire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2018, 07:40   #20
steve-45
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon CDTi

Thanked 1,089 Times in 774 Posts

I think that there has to be some compromises in "what we would like", it must be an absolute nightmare to find a "free" meeting place that not only allows car meetings - after all car meets seems to bad reputations and draw to mind loud thumping music, burn-outs and doughnuts.

But also allows overnight camping for you to take the cars apart

Well done to Trebor, Artic and crew for being able to keep negotiating with the ever changing landlords so we can carry on using this venue.

The 75 community would be a lot poorer, and not just financially, without these wonderful "nano" meets.

I certainly have benefited from the wealth of knowledge and help available at these meets and hope to attend a couple of times this year.
steve-45 is offline   Reply With Quote