Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 27th March 2018, 05:15   #1
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts
Default I'm up and about early

..because I have things on my mind and a little job to be done. Our 10 year old boiler failed last Thursday, despite buying parts to repair it and having repaired it a few times before - this time I found more repairable issues and decided enough, was enough - replace it with new. Economical to repair myself, yes, but for how long?

When the last replacement was planned to be fitted, I had intended to fit TRV's all round, whilst it was drained down. I got a far as buying them in readiness, but I was tied up in London, when the job was done, so they never got fitted.

This time round, I have been told the regs require them, so I drained down yesterday evening ready for fitting the TRV's today - except eager to crack on and mulling about the boiler options, I got up early.

At the back we have a main rail line. It is just far enough away, we don't really hear the trains passing, but when they work on the tracks with that machine which rattles the track bed ballast, we feel the vibration, more than actually hear it as it works its way along.

Dead quiet as it is at the moment, I could feel and slightly hear the same noise. At least I thought it was. Then I realised, it is not the machine doing the tracks - It was our now quite old border collie upstairs, fast asleep and snoring like you would not believe

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2018, 06:13   #2
rustymotor
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Tourer

Morning Harry, I'm up at 6 ish most days make sure we have hot water and make breakfast for our youngest, last few months at 6th form college. The big black wild cat comes in the kitchen these days, he goes to sleep and snores like crazy
rustymotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2018, 06:41   #3
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT View Post
............ when they work on the tracks with that machine which rattles the track bed ballast, we feel the vibration, more than actually hear it as it works its way along.

Dead quiet as it is at the moment, I could feel and slightly hear the same noise. At least I thought it was. Then I realised, it is not the machine doing the tracks - It was our now quite old border collie upstairs, fast asleep and snoring like you would not believe
Seems that the collie needs a special type of valve fitting as well.
planenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2018, 10:15   #4
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by planenut View Post
Seems that the collie needs a special type of valve fitting as well.
He is not just noisy sleeping, he likes to moan a lot when awake too. Not really in pain, its just his way of passing a comment on life in general. He stretches, he moans, he turns over he moans. He moans, I moan back at him, the process can go on for ages until one gets bored, his tail wagging all the time.

You can put his dinner near him when he is laid flat down on the floor and he will give you that 'look' of 'do you really expect me to get up to get it?'. You have to carefully put it down his front legs, so he can eat without him bothering to get up. Then minutes later, he will be out in the garden, going at full speed chasing cats

Until a few weeks ago, both dogs feeding dishes had up facing edges. Both would often as not pick the dishes up and take them to their beds to lie down in comfort to eat, sometimes in the process spilling their meals. No matter how many times I would put the dish back where they are supposed to be eating, they would pick them up. I spotted some feeding bowls in a pound shop with edges down to the floor, making them almost impossible to pick up. They are beaten for now.

One night, I heard what sounded like an old man coughing downstairs, so I went down to investigate. Then I heard it again, it was him having a good cough.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2018, 10:38   #5
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT View Post
.......I spotted some feeding bowls in a pound shop with edges down to the floor, making them almost impossible to pick up. They are beaten for now.
.......Cruel!
planenut is offline   Reply With Quote