Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 28th May 2017, 15:04   #1
cw1uk2
Regular poster

MG ZT 190+

Default ECU issue, immobiliser? Help!

Hello chaps, ZT190 changed a VIS motor this morning. car ran much better after, then the fun began, to start with Stereo stopped working whilst I was driving. Went home everything else running really well. Parked the car, went to go out an hour ago turned the key and nothing happens, lights wipers etc work, but engine doesn't turn over or even try to. plugged in OBD scanner, no error codes, however says, fuel not ready, cat not ready? Tried both keys still nothing, no water in plenum, plenty of fuel. Battery has plenty of charge. Checked all fuses under bonnet all ok, Anyone had similar issues? Could it be an immobiliser issue? ECU died? Any thoughts? Never had an issue with my 75, this ZT 190 looks lovely, but finding issues by the day... I have only had 2 weeks and it's becoming a concern....
Jobs done: K&N air filter,Jules Plenum Guard, Shannon Tube, New coils, Emptied ton of water from boot, replaced rear light seals..Double Din unit installed, replaced AC controls with Blue lit ones, new front disks, Number plate light circuit replaced, headlights de-fogged, Breather Pipes replaced... Jobs to do- Paint Callipers, Fuel Tank Cage to be replaced, Fix Bonnet release as currently opening with pliers... and continue NOT to tell the Wife how much I'm spending
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last edited by cw1uk2; 28th May 2017 at 15:19..
cw1uk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2017, 15:19   #2
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cw1uk2 View Post
Hello chaps, changed a VIS motor this morning. car ran much better after, then the fun began, to start with Stereo stopped working whilst I was driving. Went home everything else running really well. Parked the car, went to go out an hour ago turned the key and nothing happens, lights wipers etc work, but engine doesn't turn over or even try to. plugged in OBD scanner, no error codes, however says, fuel not ready, cat not ready? Tried both keys still nothing, no water in plenum, plenty of fuel. Battery has plenty of charge. Checked all fuses under bonnet all ok, Anyone had similar issues? Could it be an immobiliser issue? ECU died? Any thoughts? Never had an issue with my 75, this ZT 190 looks lovely, but finding issues by the day... I have only had 2 weeks and it's becoming a concern....
Disconnect your new vis valve and check fuse one engine compartment fusebox
If you have a multimeter, check to see if you have 12v present on pin four of the balance vis connector, and pin three of the power vis.

The wire is yellow with a blue tracer

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2017, 15:26   #3
cw1uk2
Regular poster

MG ZT 190+

Thanks Brian, will take a look when the cats and dogs stop falling from the sky here in not so sunny Southampton
Jobs done: K&N air filter,Jules Plenum Guard, Shannon Tube, New coils, Emptied ton of water from boot, replaced rear light seals..Double Din unit installed, replaced AC controls with Blue lit ones, new front disks, Number plate light circuit replaced, headlights de-fogged, Breather Pipes replaced... Jobs to do- Paint Callipers, Fuel Tank Cage to be replaced, Fix Bonnet release as currently opening with pliers... and continue NOT to tell the Wife how much I'm spending
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 28th May 2017, 18:01   #4
cw1uk2
Regular poster

MG ZT 190+

Fuse is fine. Don't have a meter to test sadly. I'm stumped.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 28th May 2017, 20:53   #5
Mike Noc
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Manual Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 CDT Automatic Connoisseur SE & a Freelander Td4.

Thanked 3,119 Times in 2,247 Posts

If the engine isn't turning over worth checking the connections on the starter motor, and if they are OK, maybe the starter motor solenoid contacts are worn?
Mike Noc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2017, 09:46   #6
cw1uk2
Regular poster

MG ZT 190+

Looks like it Mike, It was still dead when I tried it earlier, was on the phone to cb750chris and it sprung into life. Thank you guys really appreciated, will get the bits on order today.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]