Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 12th July 2016, 08:56   #41
payner75t
Gets stuck in

Saab 900 convertible,Ford Mondeo zetec tdci

Seeing the picture of the record Sprint brings back memories was the year I started a y t s scheme (remember them! ) at a cycle shop in gosport called Turners ( stoke road by the white heart pub if anyone remembers it! )It only sold Raleigh bikes , I bought a Raleigh scirrocco while I was there , was also the time the first index geared road bikes started to appear ! Good times
payner75t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2016, 22:18   #42
johnnyb44
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75

Hi again.
I've done around 60 miles on my bike over the week just gone. It's performed faultlessly with only the crank needing tightening up a little. Yesterday I had a fantastic 15/20 mile ride along the north Wales coast line. The sun was shinning and the views were breathtaking and it felt like pure freedom being able to travel on my own steam and stop off at some picturesque cafe for a cool drink overlooking the sea without the agro of finding somewhere to park etc . It really has taken my mind off my current woes of my wife being unfaithful to me just a few months back. Today i tackled all the alloy parts with some Auto sol metal polish and a sonic scrubber. The brakes ,levers and derailleurs have come up like new. The old saying is old stuff was made of better quality materials and in this case it really is. All the alloy components are now mirror finish in appearance. I'm quietly hoping I can built my fitness levels up again to tackle a 65 mile bike ride from my home town to my father's house on the coast. This is going to take some training especially now that I'm no spring chicken anymore. I was also surprised by the amount of fellow cyclist yesterday touring around the coastline on cycling holidays. You don't seem to notice them when your cocooned inside your car but when your out there on your bike its like a different world where the cycling community will stop and have a natter. I had quite a few compliments about my old bike and wanted to know all about it. .
It really is a breath of fresh air taking a new direction in life, How long I will continue to feel like this is anybody's guess but for now I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts. The next step now is to quit the fags. I can really feel my addiction to the dam things holding me back on the steep hills. Tomorrow I'm off to a car show on my bike and will cover around 12 miles round trip. Hopefully the weather will be dry otherwise I will use the trusty 75 to take me there in style.
Johnny :-)
Old 27th May 2017, 21:11   #43
johnnyb44
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75

Hi again.
I know this post is nearly a year old, but I thought I would just share some of my adventures over the last 12 months that I've now had the bike.
It's been a breath of fresh air to have of had the opportunity to own this bike again. My initial intentions was to just keep it as an ornament and just enjoy looking at it , but temptation has got the better of me and I use it most evenings when the weather's decent. At the moment I cycle around 130 miles a week around our lovely countryside and have also join a cycling club.
Its been amazing seeing so much more out on the bike compared to driving the car. Its been absolutely faultless over the 2500 miles I've covered over the last twelve months, with just the tyres and simple servicing required. I have made many new friends out on my travels and have had some very memorable ride outs. Last summer I enjoyed cycling along the west coast of Wales and took in some spectacular views along the way. My fitness level has dramatically improved and nearly lost my six chins and twelve bellys. In a few weeks time I'm embarking on my longest ride out. It will be a 75 mile each way to see my dad. I'm guessing it will take around 5 hours each way so I will obviously have an overnight stay with him..
The bike is still in perfect condition and looked after and cherished. As said before this bike is a keeper for the rest of my days as it always puts a big smile on my face. Some of my old school friends think it's my old original bike i had all this year's back in the early 80,s .I should own up really and tell them the truth ,but it's funny to see the expression on their faces thinking I've still got it after all these years.
This has got to be the best £80 I ever spent in years, and I'm looking forward to the coming years for my new found passion for cycling again.
All the best
Johnny.