Notices

Old 26th April 2017, 17:29   #1
Alikris
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 1.8 Connie SE

Default Review: Kenotek Wheel Cleaner Ultra

http://www.morethanpolish.com/kenotek-car-care.asp

Quote:
This is the great value and highly effective Kenotek iron active wheel cleaner - an evolution of the type of product that turns purple as its attacks bonded on metallic particles on wheels and bodywork. Further improved in 2016, the best selling Kenotek product of all.

It is based upon Kenoteks highly effective pH neutral wheel cleaner, so is safe on most wheels and highly effective as a wheel cleaner alone. Kenotek Wheel Cleaner Ultra can also be used as a fall-out remover on vehicle bodywork and other surfaces. Unlike most products which have a strong rotten egg smell, this is much more pleasant, with a pineapple aroma.
Car Before:

A very dirty muddy and cow muck splattered car (and that's the cleanest side!). Firstly I jetwashed it with plain water, then jetwashed it again until all loose mud & muck had been jetted off. Then washed with Fairy Dishwashing liquid and Dettol disinfectant (yes, on purpose) in a bucket of hot water, including the wheels. Rinsed with the jetwash. Car appeared 'cleanish', wheels looked dirty but no longer muddy.

Kenotek Wheel Cleaner Ultra applied to the wheels (spray on, wait a few minutes, agitate with a wheel brush, jetwash off). Result was excellent, far better than my usual wheel cleaner (Demon Tweeks wheel clean), but not perfect, but then the wheels had been really really dirty and full of baked on brake dust. Once dry I sprayed Kenotek on again then brushed with an old toothbrush (and it again turned purple in many places) and jetwashed off. Superb result. Best I've ever had.

Ok, bodywork. In order not to use too much (it's expensive) I decided to soak a fresh spontex dishwashing sponge with Kenotek then wipe over the paintwork, topping up the sponge with the Kenotek as needed. (Yes, I realise this could cause scratches but I'll be DA polishing it later on this year). Interestingly the Kenotek Wheel Cleaner Ultra foamed very easily in the sponge. Liberally applied all over the dry car, the foam soon turned a pinkish colour (or pale purple) in a lot of areas (remember this was after washing the car with dishwash soap and Dettol!). The Kenotek quickly dried to a very VERY dull haze I then jetwashed it with water. Good grief, you wouldn't believe how the dry haze turned to foam, and lots of it! Many areas foamed visibly pink indicating the cleaner was working. The jetwash removed all the dried on residue without needing to be agitated with a cloth.

All I can say is the result was amazing. The car looked clean before, now it shined (well, as much as a car without any wax/sealant can shine). If one didn't know better, one would think I'd just waxed it. Most noticeable was the area around the fuel filler cap under the fuel filler flap (where a lot of road dirt accumulates), which really came up well surprisingly. Also the plastic trim between the bonnet and bottom of the windscreen (where the wipers are) had appeared stained with various different grey colours after the dish washing. Post Kenotek the plastic is an even light grey colour all over. Also, the chrome trim looks wonderful, almost mirror like.

I am surprised how much contamination the Kenotek removed, especially on the bodywork. I was also surprised at how quickly it dried to a very hazy haze, which did worry me but the jetwash removed all residue after the foam had been all washed off. I left the car to air dry and there are no noticeable water spots (neither on the paintwork nor windows). Although I won't be using it on the bodywork on a regular basis, as part of a decontamination process it worked extremely well and has left a surface perfectly ready for the next decontamination stage (de-tarring).

I can honestly say that (de-tarring excepted) the car has never been cleaner. The Kenotek Wheel Cleaner Ultra is brilliant!

Ali.

Car after Kenotek, before de-tarring and waxing (I'll be claying and DA polishing later this year):

• Vicky: born Thursday, 15th April 2004 @ 08:20:55. The 95,246th 75 to be produced, and the 4,783rd 75 in British Racing Green Pearlescent.

Last edited by Alikris; 26th April 2017 at 17:52..
Alikris is offline   Reply With Quote