Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Double Din Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 14th April 2020, 10:26   #1
xsport
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 club se

Question Wince ce5

HELLO GUYS .... thread amendment .. further to my requests for anyone having a reflash of the firmwear I have since found out that my dd unit is indeed one of the first WINCE CE5 units supplied. since I cannot obtain a reflash for this unit does anyone know how to access the factory settings ? I have a remote with the unit and im wondering if I have to use this to gain entry. I have seen the posts on here in previous threads of how this is done for the ce6 versions but I don't know if this is the same procedure. my aim is to uncheck the ipod icon in factory settings. this is all that's wrong with the unit as it defaults occasionaly to ipod when the radio is being used. I did many moons ago use the remote to upload a startup logo but I don't know how to get into factory settings. I have tmc on this unit which I requested at the time of order and was lucky to get it with this facility. surely someone knows how to do this as some of these units were with rds and some without and would have needed to access the factory settings to check or uncheck the box to enable it. any guidance please gents ? thanks to all.... xsport.
xsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2020, 11:10   #2
picky747
Gets stuck in

ROVER

code 126 on the touch screen but i don't think there is an Ipod setting.Mine was ,I believe ,the first unit imported and never came with the Ipod connection even though its in the menu when selected it says Invalid.I don't think a windows reflash will help as it only powers the SatNav side of the unit,everyhing else is run off the Sunplus chipset found on the DVD drive. I can only suggest that if you can remove your unit (very easy with the aircon control panel removed) Lift off the top panel where you will find a ribbon connector that connects the DVD drive to the main board and try and re-seat this connector. Ihad a problem with mine years ago and this cured it.Good luck

Last edited by picky747; 14th April 2020 at 11:38..
picky747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2020, 12:04   #3
xsport
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 club se

Default wince 5

thanks picky thats exactly the screen I got up on mine. don't know what the numbers refer to but are they codes to use on the remote I don't know. I will try later to see if the dvd works ok with a disc / discs as it plays dvd and cd discs. ribbon must be connected if so but cant rule out a bad connction. yes the ipod interface comes up and you cannot scroll further in the interface. something causes it to activate the interface for the ipod. this all started when i put nav update 2016 on the sat nav card which I bought on here from a member. I thought i had ce6 os at that time and so it may have corrupted a file. igo 8 works fine now .its just this default to ipod that's playing up. as a side issue do you know where the bt receiver lens is situated on the unit as I have the dark oak trim fitted on it and I was wondering if its covered (simon Bulgaria) will have a look at dvd/discs later today. ... thanks picky.
Old 14th April 2020, 13:25   #4
picky747
Gets stuck in

ROVER

Do you mean remote lens (receiver) as the bluetooth is RF and is attached to the back of the front facia.The remote window is just below the volume control on the left in the picture and is marked IR. Anything to do with the SatNav runs independently from the main system so won't have any effect on the ipod setting. Mine does not bring up the ipod interface when I select it from the main home screen just a visual warning in text saying invalid so I think yours is a mark 2 version when things like RDS were being added as it uses a different radio board with extra hardware. The settings on the above menu in the picture are selected with the touch screen ,mainly to do with the inbuilt TV tuner and possible sensitivity setting for the radio tuner (smet) and you can change the front LOUD button to operate the SatNav instead of the on/off button.

Last edited by picky747; 14th April 2020 at 13:31..
Old 14th April 2020, 15:02   #5
xsport
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 club se

Default wince ce5

thanks again picky. just been out and tried dvd and cd player working ok on both. sd card music and satnav all working ok. however during playing all 3 apart from satnav the dreaded ipod come on again and in each case with one press of the mode button resumed. I do have the old type telephone style dial in colour version unit which was probably altered for the extras tmc/rds/ipod. the ipod I have never used as I have iPhone 9.or ever tried to. I did however pair up the Bluetooth to a blackberry unit but havnt used that for years. and yes I do have the ipod icon that functions and when it appears it can be set for repeat/all/random select so its on there and working but not ever paired up with anything. something triggers this mode or selects it.could that be a blip in power supply as you say it may be the ribbon .the other notable thing is that a few months ago the swc switch for mode didn't function but the volume one was still working. I have tried to reconnect the mode again but the interface just for mode seems dead. I have reset and set the swc both to not operate on the interface at the moment to try to isolate the problem with switching modes by itself. the unit still operates manualy ok by the unit button on the head..the remote works fine as well. …….. cheers .. xsport
Old 14th April 2020, 15:06   #6
xsport
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 club se

Default wince

picky i will look later to see if my screen once into factory settings has an ipod icon. there are different colours on them and at the bottom there are plus and minus icons. I wonder if you can highlight these to turn on and off ? … or is this just wishfull thinking … cheers.
Old 15th April 2020, 11:09   #7
picky747
Gets stuck in

ROVER

I found the + and - adjust the FM AM smet settings, for other items anything coloured red is the selected item and yellow unselected just by using the touchscreen. Along the bottom are six items in 3 pairs and the only one I can see that does anything is changing the loud button on the facia to start the SatNav instead of the on/off button.I did have a problem years ago ,so long I can't remember what it was now, but re-seating the ribbon cable did the trick.
Old 17th April 2020, 15:08   #8
xsport
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 club se

Wink wince ce5

well finaly come to the end of the road with the wince unit. cant grumble I suppose over 9 yrs service ! been a bit up and down over the years but overall it was ok for the money. guess I have been lucky as I got a good one as others didnt. just as well I didn't move into the Chinese android era as im sure it would have gone well before now. decided to use my apple iPhone maps with a kenwood double din unit new with 7" screen plus surround plus cage and satnav ariel transmitter dab ariel plus bluetooth handsfree etc. not bad at caraudiodirect. £350 all in. not arrived yet so start to install mon hopefully if its here ontime. all I wanted really was sd card/ satnav/ dab radio . the rest well its there but I wont bother much. for that money I have a good unit that I hope will give me no trouble. there are lots out there to choose from but kenwoods up there. shall not buy Chinese tat again. remember I was a lucky one with mine but the picture overall of Chinese long term reliability is of course .. you get what you paid for.

Last edited by xsport; 17th April 2020 at 23:31..
Old 17th April 2020, 15:13   #9
xsport
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 club se

oh and a special thanks to picky for all his efforts and time involved. he stepped up to the mark to try and help and that I appreciate. thankyou to others who tried to help .…
Old 18th April 2020, 13:45   #10
picky747
Gets stuck in

ROVER

Don't just bin your old unit, you can strip it and sell the parts for spares as I'm sure everything is no longer available and you can recoup some of the outlay on your new unit.