Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 24th August 2018, 20:43   #71
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
Believe me mr Cazemi is the last person on gods earth you would call a sensitive soul, and as for ‘taking it’ the banter we have exchanged was second to none.

He makes Brian look like a saint! 🤣
You beat me to it Andy, was going to post similar. Dave I will be seeing you someime about a paint job on Insignia bumper.
Old 24th August 2018, 20:52   #72
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Lordy, dont you date even SPEAK. of leaving, this club needs your like, with your nutty sense of humor. Plus the fact who else could I say f e ck to? Drink ar se girrllls
Old 24th August 2018, 20:59   #73
Lordy
This is my second home

Ford Probe GT.

Thanked 2,516 Times in 1,481 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
Lordy, dont you date even SPEAK. of leaving, this club needs your like, with your nutty sense of humor. Plus the fact who else could I say f e ck to? Drink ar se girrllls
I wouldn't dream of it Rich like I said on the other post.

Drink Feck ar,se girls oh I love my...…………….BRICK.

AR FE,CK IT FED UP WITH BRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK.

I'd never leave here I'm too hooked of the place and the friends I've made here even tho were miles away I've made some friends for life and that's something I'll always be grateful for.

The passion we share for cars as well really that should be the driving force of any club or forum cars and the owners behind them regardless of differences.

There also other reason why I still here.

And that's too remember the club members that we have sadly lost
Windrush
James.uk
Beejay

when they were here I've always respected them and the banters we had was great, they really lit up the forums in a big way.

If I leave the forums I'll be walking away from them and its something I can't and will not do .

Love me or hate me I couldn't give a flying monkeys.

No beeper will drive me away.

Lest we forget.

Never forget them and support our armed forces.

https://i.imgur.com/oyca2Lyl.jpg?1
Passion Never Dies It Only Gets Stronger.
Go your own way.

Lordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2018, 21:12   #74
Groundsman Willie
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 1.8t

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
I still have the pictures of you in my bath and Gary driving the porcelain truck!
If those are euphemisms, please don't show the photos.
Old 24th August 2018, 21:16   #75
Lordy
This is my second home

Ford Probe GT.

Thanked 2,516 Times in 1,481 Posts

All this reading and posting has made me thirsty time too crack a bottle open and relax.

Lest we forget.

Never forget them and support our armed forces.

https://i.imgur.com/oyca2Lyl.jpg?1
Passion Never Dies It Only Gets Stronger.
Go your own way.

Lordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2018, 21:22   #76
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Rover View Post
I wouldn't dream of it Rich like I said on the other post.

Drink Feck ar,se girls oh I love my...…………….BRICK.

AR FE,CK IT FED UP WITH BRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK.

I'd never leave here I'm too hooked of the place and the friends I've made here even tho were miles away I've made some friends for life and that's something I'll always be grateful for.

The passion we share for cars as well really that should be the driving force of any club or forum cars and the owners behind them regardless of differences.

There also other reason why I still here.

And that's too remember the club members that we have sadly lost
Windrush
James.uk
Beejay

when they were here I've always respected them and the banters we had was great, they really lit up the forums in a big way.

If I leave the forums I'll be walking away from them and its something I can't and will not do .

Love me or hate me I couldn't give a flying monkeys.

No beeper will drive me away.
Same reason for me Dave. Too many friendships forged, all the way from Cornmall to Essex, the midlands, Yorkshire,Wales right up through Scotland to the highlands, through Rdinburgh and Glasgow.
Old 24th August 2018, 22:21   #77
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankson View Post
£10 is no doubt good value and I don't think many would dispute this. What I find not pleasing is the clique and it's toadying acolytes, that pats each other on the back every time a car has been 'saved'. Saved from who? the everyday folk on a budget who need a good value yet comfortable car for everyday use? Some of these folk will older gentleman who are sad at the demise of the rover and MG cars, and have owned a rover in the past or maybe have always aspired to own such a car and have now been able to due to the good value at this moment in time. Others perhaps are young working couples who need a roomy and safe car to ferry their children about in, but are on a tight budget, saving every penny to gain a step upon the housing ladder. The selfish clique that rub their hands together at the chance to add yet another car the 'the fleet', hording these cars away in garages and only doing a 1000 or miles annually are not really doing this in the spirit of motoring and car ownership. These people also buy up large quantities of spare parts (that they will probably never need). This pushes up the price and excludes a section of society who enjoy these cars for what they are, a large and safe vehicle for the work commute or a retired couple who need a largish and comfy car to take out their grandchildren.
I believe this has put folk off staying with the forum.

sorry I don't agree with this post

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2018, 22:43   #78
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

The subscription fee has been discussed before. If my £10 go towards keeping this forum open then I'm fine with that even if £9.99 goes in someone's pocket.

This is the most helpful forum I am involved with and like many others have saved hundreds of pounds by the help I have been given.

If you don't like someone, that's not a problem but please do not post comments that may upset them, there is no need!

commenting on members cars for sale, double edged this one.
Sometimes a car for sale is not quite as good as the description, I know I bought one.
Perhaps giving the heads up to one and all is not a bad thing but running a car down for other reasons, perhaps inappropriate.

I don't like to see members leave because they are fed up with other members.

If this forum/club was to close I'd be mortified and I think my car could end up being sold much sooner then I'd like purely because I could not fix it due to lack of knowledge.

may I ask that we all reflect on our actions and aim not to cause offence.

I hope Brian returns.

Lets work to keep the forum going and be mindful of what we say.

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2018, 03:55   #79
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
Same reason for me Dave. Too many friendships forged, all the way from Cornmall to Essex, the midlands, Yorkshire,Wales right up through Scotland to the highlands, through Rdinburgh and Glasgow.

I have to say Rich, that is impressive. I've been here as a subscribing member nearly 11 years and the closest I have managed to making friends are Darcydog and Wraymond.

I was starting to feel a level of affinity towards Brian but he has p****d off. So Clive and Wraymond it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankson View Post
£10 is no doubt good value and I don't think many would dispute this. What I find not pleasing is the clique and it's toadying acolytes, that pats each other on the back every time a car has been 'saved'. Saved from who? the everyday folk on a budget who need a good value yet comfortable car for everyday use? Some of these folk will older gentleman who are sad at the demise of the rover and MG cars, and have owned a rover in the past or maybe have always aspired to own such a car and have now been able to due to the good value at this moment in time. Others perhaps are young working couples who need a roomy and safe car to ferry their children about in, but are on a tight budget, saving every penny to gain a step upon the housing ladder. The selfish clique that rub their hands together at the chance to add yet another car the 'the fleet', hording these cars away in garages and only doing a 1000 or miles annually are not really doing this in the spirit of motoring and car ownership. These people also buy up large quantities of spare parts (that they will probably never need). This pushes up the price and excludes a section of society who enjoy these cars for what they are, a large and safe vehicle for the work commute or a retired couple who need a largish and comfy car to take out their grandchildren.
I believe this has put folk off staying with the forum.

I never really considered Rover ownership as a form of social mobility. I am not one for "saving" cars personally but see nothing wrong with others doing it if that is their interest. I also do not view such people as part of a clique just because others congratulate them for their achievement. I would certainly not go as afar as labeling the individuals selfish. If you have a genuine interest in protecting the interest of the needy, I suggest you stop worrying about those who can afford to run a Rover 75/MG-ZTT and get out to help at a food bank. That will help put things into perspective.

Last edited by MSS; 25th August 2018 at 04:38..
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2018, 06:49   #80
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

I to have made loads of friends through this club all over the UK. RPWC went out of his way to make me welcome when I visited Newcastle to attend a meet. He even came to the hotel on the Saturday to make sure I had settled in ok. On the Sunday he showed me where the local car wash was. Since that day we have been very good friends.Rich has also done some work on Banana for me.

When I used to attend the Dorset meets Ian and Jan Goldson used to let me stay at there home rather than staying at expensive hotels in and around Weymouth. We have remained very good friends since. I even bought Ian's Firefrost ZT from him, twice. Ian has also looked after Banana a few times.

When Ian was trying to restore the Solar Red Rover 75, 1 off 2 produced I drove up to Newcastle to Rich's home to collect parts. I then returned the same day back to Dorset with those parts.

Chris Roy in Tayside always makes me welcome when I'm up in that part of the word. He also keeps in contact by text, PM or letters making sure I'm ok health wise or helping me keep Banana on the road.

Graham Cruickshank is a good friend and put me in contact with a lovely B & B when I stay at Grantown on Spey. Yet another friendship cemented in place.
I often meet a banned member along with his wife, Anne Maria there as well.

Matt and Shirley in Torquay looked after me when I was taken ill earlier this year. Took me into their home. Matt has helped to keep both Bana and Redfive on the road. He even let me park the Bear on the drive when I went to collect Redfive earlier this year. Another friendship set in concrete.

5 years ago I visited Allen and Val in Saltash, first time I had ever been there. And through there kindness and help I now live there.

Whether it be advice, repairs or from a social point of view that is what this club is all about. I have made numerous friends, some have left of their own accord, some have been banned by there own foolish behaviour and I'm still friends with most of them as well. I've lost many a friend on here where they have gone to that other club in the sky. And if I can I will go and pay my respects.

We want the likes of Lord Rover, Trikey and Deb's, Dorset Bob, Sonic ZS, Bazza59, Reebs, Artic, Trebor, Wooleysox, Jules, Coolcat and many more for they, and others, are what this club is all about.

Now if you want me I'll be in my blanket fort with my crayons.

233,431. That’s our second meet done, no.3 next weekend.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is online now   Reply With Quote