Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 & ZT Gallery
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 17th December 2013, 22:07   #41
Tim_Burgess
This is my second home

1999 75 Connoisseur SE 2.5, 2000 75 Classic SE 2.0, 2012 Lancia Delta 3, 2016 Dacia Sandero Ambiance

Fraser, it's really not that difficult to sort out the electrics, probably less time than swapping the covers. it took me about 7 hours, and that included removing the old seats and making up the loom.

let me know if you want to pick my brains.
Old 18th December 2013, 21:54   #42
FrazzleTC
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer

Thanked 1,178 Times in 920 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Burgess View Post
Fraser, it's really not that difficult to sort out the electrics, probably less time than swapping the covers. it took me about 7 hours, and that included removing the old seats and making up the loom.

let me know if you want to pick my brains.
Thanks Tim! Unfortunately, the seats have been removed in such a way that a lot of the motors are missing from the electric seats, and the only way that they can be used is as covers. I'll practice the cover removal, and refit on the leather chairs before taking anything apart within the car.
2013 Mercedes SLK250 CDI
FrazzleTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2013, 23:44   #43
RovernearDover
Gets stuck in

Mk2 Rover 75 Connoiseur CDTi

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrazzleTC View Post
After a great deal of consideration, I've taken the plunge, and acquired an Ash Grey leather interior from a Cowley car, complete with double-piping, embossed headrests, and a leather armrest. A huge thanks to Alex (chiboy24659) for giving me them, gratis.
They're in need of a clean, and although a lot of the electrics are missing, this isn't an issue. I'm going to transplant the covers onto my existing front seats, all being well (thanks to Ross R75 for the helpful hints!).
As I'm finished uni for Christmas, tomorrow's job is to get the seats cleaned up, and to apply some leather cream, in order to get them looking, and smelling as good as possible!
Removing the leather covers, and transferring them onto my existing seats will all happen in due course.
A quick, and terrible photo, but hopefully, there'll be more to come in the very near future.

A shot of the 75 to show that it's still being used and enjoyed in the meantime.

Other than the seat swap, I'm hoping to acquire some cheap rear mudflaps soon, and ideally, some V6 exhaust finishers. Longer term plan is to acquire a pair of better Unions for the rear, and attend to a few little cosmetic bits.

Beautiful location. Have you just cleared the plenum ?
Old 19th December 2013, 17:08   #44
FrazzleTC
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer

Plenums always kept nice and clean, but, rather a rainy area in which to live.
Today saw me cleaning up the seats thoroughly. I used Autoglym leather cleaner on the seats initially, to get ingrained dirt out. The next step was to buff them until dry, and then apply Meguiars leather conditioner, which was thoroughly rubbed into the seats, and then buffed. The plastic section for the map pockets, and the surround of the seat base were done with Autoglym vinyl and rubber care.
The headrests all received the same treatment. There are a few indentations in the seats, which are less obvious now, after trying to press them out, so, hopefully they'll look very nice once they're in the car.
I'm hoping to fit the leather armrest cover tomorrow, and then I'll get started on the rest of the job!
Please excuse the photos making the seats appear shiny. I decided to apply a second coat of leather conditioner to them just before I took the photos, so they'll dull down, and look much fresher in the next photos. The amount of dirt that came out of the seats was surprising! Don't worry about the plastic surround being missing around the cupholder, as I have got a spare.

2013 Mercedes SLK250 CDI
Old 20th December 2013, 11:21   #45
Ross R75
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Fraser,

Get rid of the Auto Glym stuff, it's massively second rate. Gliptone Liquid Leather cleaner and Gliptone Liquid Leather conditioner are the only two products you'll ever need. They're MILES better than Autoglym and Meguiars and make the car smell of new leather.
Old 20th December 2013, 21:25   #46
FrazzleTC
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer

Ross,
I agree that the Gliptone is much better, and I've used it to great effect in the past. As the seats owe me nothing, I'm just using stuff I've been given for Christmas in previous years or won in raffles. I'm not that impressed with the Meguiars leather conditioner, I must say!
I don't particularly like the Autoglym leather cleaner, but I've used their care balm in the P6 for a long time, and I like the smell. I used a Gliptone kit on my P5B, and it really did improve things! They do a very agreeable air freshener too.
2013 Mercedes SLK250 CDI
Old 29th December 2013, 21:06   #47
FrazzleTC
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer

A little update on the 75.
I've now acquired a rear light to replace the one with a slight crack in it, which is beginning to look unsightly. I've also now got a pair of original rear mudflaps, and clips, in good, used condition, which I'll be fitting to the car as soon as it's dry again, and light enough that I can see what I'm doing.
The last few days have really just seen me trying to get the car back to its usual standard, after so much poor weather, and 1000 miles of driving in the last couple of weeks.
In terms of the leather seats, I've had a shot at dismantling the leather ones to fit the covers to my own seats, and, I'm not sure if I'll go through with it. If I don't, the seats will be available, free, to anyone who wants them.
In the meantime, here are a couple of photos of the car after some cleaning today, and a shot of the rear, which hopefully shows why I want to fit the mudflaps, as I feel it looks a little bare without them.

2013 Mercedes SLK250 CDI
Old 29th December 2013, 21:40   #48
Walter
Posted a thing or two

zebadee

Default Mud Flaps.

No wonder you are fitting mudflaps, my cars filthy just doing 150 miles in your area
Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2013, 00:09   #49
FrazzleTC
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer

The roads are really pretty awful around here at this time of year. The mudflaps are being put on more because I prefer the way the car looks with them, but they'll also hopefully stop my LPG filler getting quite as dirty.
2013 Mercedes SLK250 CDI
Old 12th January 2014, 20:06   #50
FrazzleTC
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer

I'd always quite fancied an 800, but it was one of those cars that I'd never really got round to owning. However, when this example appeared, and I discovered what it was like, I decided I would go for it. The seller, couldn't have been more helpful, and took all of the photos I needed, as I was unable to view the car in person. As such, I bought it blind, and the first time I saw it was when it arrived on a trailer yesterday morning. The car has covered 39,000 genuine miles, and is finished in Pulsar Silver. It's an 827Si Automatic, and in very genuine condition. It has original dealer plates, dealer sticker, and original handbooks, complete with receipts for various little bits and pieces over the years.
It's not perfect, by any means, but I think, already, it's looking vastly better than it did when it arrived. I'm hoping to MOT it mid-week, as, after examining it thoroughly on the ramp, and driving it up and down the private lane where it's stored, everything seems spot-on!
The car had been brought down a series of backroads on the trailer, and was covered in road dirt. Today, I gave the car a very thorough wash, dried it, then polished it with Autoglym Super Resin polish a couple of times, dressed some of the plastics, cleaned the exterior glass, and popped a coat of wax on it as well. Finally, the exhausts were cleaned with steel wool, and some autosol.
Here are some photos, firstly of it arriving, how it looked once off the trailer, and finally, how it looks this evening!

2013 Mercedes SLK250 CDI