Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 20th December 2023, 07:30   #11
squire
Posted a thing or two

MGB GT, 2 Morris Minor Travellers

Happy Birthday Bob,
despite your fall you seem to be in good cheer. It's good that you've got good neighbours and friends that are helping and that Social Care seem to have arranged everything or did you have get it all arranged by numerous phone calls etc.
Where I live it would have been very difficult to get the kind of assistance that your getting but that's the norm here.

I wish you well soon and hope you have a good Xmas and New Year, well, as best you can.
Take care and try and behave yourself with the nurses, lol!!!

Martyn
squire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2023, 07:57   #12
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by squire View Post
Happy Birthday Bob,
despite your fall you seem to be in good cheer. It's good that you've got good neighbours and friends that are helping and that Social Care seem to have arranged everything or did you have get it all arranged by numerous phone calls etc.
Where I live it would have been very difficult to get the kind of assistance that your getting but that's the norm here.

I wish you well soon and hope you have a good Xmas and New Year, well, as best you can.
Take care and try and behave yourself with the nurses, lol!!!

Martyn
My neighbour kicked up such a fuss with social services that it all happened at once. The lady that came to see me at home was the final king pin in getting it all sorted.

233,431. That’s our second meet done, no.3 next weekend.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2023, 10:08   #13
Rev Jules
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA View Post
I might be old but I ain’t ancient.

Merry Christmas to Dawn, your credit card and yourself.
Like wise Bob, not going too be easy for you this time of year I will say Merry Christmas, Dawn is hitting the credit card big time.

Rev.
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2023, 13:37   #14
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool

I didn’t sleep very well as the chiming clock kept me awake on the hour and half. But I must have dozed ok. Had to get up a few times for a wee, but I have that procedure off to a T.

British Gas arrived dead on 08.00 this morning, with Karen hot on his heels. Really nice guy by the name of Martin. He showed Karen a copy of the message that he had received the night before, and it said that I was a priority 1 case.

So he set about testing the system and sure enough it wouldn’t fire up. So he stripped it down. The condenser was clogged up, it was only cleaned out in May this year. He went right through the system. Once it was rebuilt as far as the outer casing to go he fired it up. And away it went. He drained all the radiators. Karen asked him to leave it on continuous. And it’s been working fine since. Going to have a new boiler installed next year.

As he left the New Life Carer arrived, so Karen went as well. Gail’s first job was empty the porta loo, not for me. Once that was put back together she made me some tea and toast. And finally she helped to wash my hair. Oh! That felt so good. Made me feel better. I washed myself and had just finished when Marion arrived. So she sat waited whilst Gail washed up. Then another visitor arrived, Colin from the Council, here to fit another key box, this time out the front. He knew Gail. With the box fitted and we kept the same number as the one at the back.

With Gail and Colin, gone, Marion I sorted out a shopping list. I have a freezer full of meet, I had only topped it up 3 days before my incident. But I did need fruit and vegetables, juice and some squash. Some wipes for the loo.
Then Bob and Ashley the two district nurses arrived unexpectedly they needed to check my blood pressure again as it been a bit high yesterday.

Marion has solar panels fitted and has had an issue with them. The installers phoned to say they was outside her house. So she left me to let them in.

Today would have been by late brothers birthday, 89. So I raised a glass of water and drank his health. I bet he was looking down and thinking “that’s my brother, he never does things by half’. I still miss him a lot.

Marion returned with good news, the solar panels were up and running, just a dirty connection on the roof. So she made us a cuppa and we had a chat when Bob the district nurse came back to give me my injection. With that done he was gone. And Marion went to get my shopping.

I set about sorting out my tablets, putting the unneeded ones away. Then I managed to ferry my cup back to the sink, it wasn’t easy but I managed it. I got my dinner out of the fridge ready for this evening, Gail said she would cook it, so I thought if I got it ready then half the battle was won.
And I even made myself a cup of tea which was a great achievement for me as yesterday I couldn’t even get myself a glass of water.

My circle of neighbours and friends are still amazing me.

onen hag oll
Old 20th December 2023, 14:40   #15
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts

It'll be quiet when everybodys gone.

Well done with dealing with those tasks but don't let the helpers know too soon.

Best Wishes Bob.
planenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2023, 10:12   #16
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool

The bad news is the heating has broken down again, but I have hot water.

The New Life lady, Gail, came in last night through the front, so at least I know the key works. Although the lady that came this morning, Maureen, couldn’t get the door unlocked and rang the door bell. Luckily Karen was here and told the lady to go round to the back door.

Had my dinner last night after Gail left and I managed to wash up and put everything away, well happy with that achievement.
Watched some telly last night till about 8pm and went to sleep. Got up a midnight for a wee and noticed that the boiler had stopped, might be up to temperature so I ignored it. Back to sleep, had to get up again for another wee at 05.15 and it was decidedly chilly. I looked at the temperature on the remote and the screen was blank. Nothing I can do. So had my wee and back to bed where it is warm.

I have another heating company coming out this afternoon, friends of Karen, who are going to have a look at the boiler.
Allen n Val are going to get me a few more shopping bits and see if they get me some more PJ’s as I only have 2 pairs.

But we do have some brilliant news. My diabetes is in remission. The results were top of the score sheet.. I can cut down by tablets to ONE, but only after me ankle heals. Happy with that.

The sun is out. Hope the day just gets better.

onen hag oll
Old 21st December 2023, 11:41   #17
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts

Good news about the tablet reduction Bob, and especially the diabetes, sad about the heating though. Hopefully, the services that matter keep on working.
planenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2023, 14:47   #18
The Rovering Member
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 saloon

Get well soon, Bob & as happy a Christmas as can be expected.

The Rovering Member is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2023, 09:35   #19
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool

Yesterday I amazed myself in what I achieved.

I took the clean clothes off of the horse and folded them up.
Loaded up the washing machine, chucked in the various cleaning agents.
Made my breakfast, and a cup of tea.
Took my morning tablets.
The carer arrived and did what she needed to do, then left.
Emptied the washing machine and put the clothes on the horse.
Prepared my evening meal.

Marion came in and bought me a puzzle book.
The nurse arrived and gave me my injection and took my blood pressure.
Marion left soon after.

Panic stations, I couldn’t get the plug in to charge my phone, my lifeline to the outside world. I phoned Allen on the landline. I got to the window and manage to get Marion’s attention. She came in to find me in panic mode. She pointed out I was trying to use the wrong charger.
Allen arrived with my painkillers.
Both Marion left after awhile.
Cooked my dinner, ate it. Washed up and put it all away.
Took my tablets.
Lay on the bed and watched the telly.

onen hag oll
Old 23rd December 2023, 09:53   #20
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Hi Bob, welcome to the day!

You would like this hospital bed as it has a heated air mattress which moves as it touches and massages, could bring a smile to your face.

It’s great to hear care in the community is working for you. What a shame about the heating. Clearly you need a fast track solution.

I am much better and the heart improved without the need for a pacemaker. It’s such a relief the heart has settled.

Do take care

Jessica and I send the best for Christmas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote