Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 10th November 2007, 22:07   #1
apywell
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon. 2.0 Diesel Auto. Connoisseur SE.

Default Help and advice on my low temp guage

Hi there

This afternoon driving back down the M18 I noticed that the temp guage was showing about 2mm 'under' the quater mark.

It doesn't usually go this low, and this was during a 60 mile drive at a steady 70mph. At steady motorway driving, the needle normally sits just above the quater mark until I hit any city traffic, then it will sit bang on half way. This seems to happen summer and winter and has always been the same while I've had the car. If I'm driving in city traffic it usually settles about 2mm above the quater mark.

I have been reading the threads for temp guage but none seem to have the same problem as me.

It would apear this isn't normal. I would appreciate any advice here for a list I can work through to try and get to the bottom of this problem, or should I not worry about it?.....

Now has an S-Type 2.7 diesel V6 twin turbo with Jag voice, bluetooth, sat nav, front and rear park assist, electric fold mirrors etc, etc, etc.....
apywell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2007, 17:29   #2
apywell
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon. 2.0 Diesel Auto. Connoisseur SE.

What do other Diesel owners think? Does your Diesel 75 hover between the quater mark and half way, or always goes straight to the half way mark without problems.

I understand Diesels seem to run cooler.... Would it cause long term damage if I left everything alone??

what do people think?

Now has an S-Type 2.7 diesel V6 twin turbo with Jag voice, bluetooth, sat nav, front and rear park assist, electric fold mirrors etc, etc, etc.....
apywell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2007, 17:52   #3
Raistlin
Banned

75 CDT Connoisseur SE Auto

I don't think I've ever seen the temp gauge anywhere other than spot on half way with either of my 75 diesels.

That includes in moderate town traffic on a Summer's day.
Raistlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2007, 18:09   #4
MikeHurley
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon 2.5 V6

Hi, sounds rather similar to what I was experiencing over the summer, although I have a 2.5l petrol........after a misdiagnosis by a garage it turned out to be a cracked thermostat housing, correctly diagnosed and repaired by Lates600.com.
My comments for what its worth !
MikeHurley is offline   Reply With Quote