Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Touring Boating Camping & Caravan Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 26th December 2007, 19:26   #1
rapid6
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T CDTi

Default Holiday idea's anyone

Hi Folks,

Just wondering what or where to go our holidays this year, any idea's??

we have 2 kids under 10, and we mainly like camping, however we have decided to stay in a static caravan this year, but don,t know where to head for.... We are going to New Zealand in March, so are only looking to spend a week to 10 days in the summer months in the uk. (not near cities, prefer the country)

Please feel free to make suggestions

ta

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ooh Suits you...Sir!!
rapid6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2007, 19:41   #2
Simondi
Regional Secretary

MGTF, MG ZS EV Exclusive

Thanked 3,563 Times in 1,857 Posts

Hi.
Two years ago we spent a week just outside Matlock in the Peak District. It was superb. There was so much to see and do from Chatsworth on one hand to the Bluejohn mine at Castleton on the other and of course everything in between. The whole week was fantastic.
There are also some pretty fantastic driving roads as well, a complete joy. I'd love to go back and take my 75 down them ( at that time I had a 400 ), perhaps next year!!
Wherever you go I hope you have a great time,

All the best

Simon
Simondi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2007, 20:21   #3
Zeb
Banned

MGZT V8 & ZTT 190+LPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonGodfrey View Post
Hi.
Two years ago we spent a week just outside Matlock in the Peak District. It was superb. There was so much to see and do from Chatsworth on one hand to the Bluejohn mine at Castleton on the other and of course everything in between. The whole week was fantastic.
There are also some pretty fantastic driving roads as well, a complete joy. I'd love to go back and take my 75 down them ( at that time I had a 400 ), perhaps next year!!
Wherever you go I hope you have a great time,

All the best

Simon
I reckon you went to the Darwin forest pinelodge site?

I can also highly recommend here...and their other site at Ashbourne...Sandybrook...

Neither are what I would call cheap! Sandybrook is much the quieter of the two..
Zeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2007, 20:26   #4
Simondi
Regional Secretary

MGTF, MG ZS EV Exclusive

Thanked 3,563 Times in 1,857 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeb View Post
I reckon you went to the Darwin forest pinelodge site?

I can also highly recommend here...and their other site at Ashbourne...Sandybrook...

Neither are what I would call cheap! Sandybrook is much the quieter of the two..
Thats right, as I say a great holiday.
Simondi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2007, 20:30   #5
GERFIX
I really should get out more.......

MINI COOPER S

The Lake District's a good bet. Scenery, good roads etc. Not sure about campsites. Then there's always the west coast, Oban, Fort William etc, etc. Plenty good roads out that way and definitely plenty of scenery! Obviously you just have to take pot luck with the weather although in all the years I've been visiting out Oban way I've had more good weather than bad. Plenty of campsites out that way. Ballater's a nice wee place too and quite near Balmoral, Royal Deeside. Aberdeen's not too far from there too if you need to do a city thing whilst there. Again though, not sure about campsites.
New Zealand should be nice mind you!

GERFIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2007, 20:55   #6
rapid6
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T CDTi

Quote:
Originally Posted by GERFIX View Post
The Lake District's a good bet. Scenery, good roads etc. Not sure about campsites. Then there's always the west coast, Oban, Fort William etc, etc. Plenty good roads out that way and definitely plenty of scenery! Obviously you just have to take pot luck with the weather although in all the years I've been visiting out Oban way I've had more good weather than bad. Plenty of campsites out that way. Ballater's a nice wee place too and quite near Balmoral, Royal Deeside. Aberdeen's not too far from there too if you need to do a city thing whilst there. Again though, not sure about campsites.
New Zealand should be nice mind you!
Yep, im looking forward to that, the old man lives there.
I agree with you regards Oban, Fort william etc these places are all within an hour or 2's drive and are visited often in the summer when im out on the motorbike,
I was thinking down south somewhere, maybe the isle of wight...anyone tried here before.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ooh Suits you...Sir!!
Old 26th December 2007, 21:58   #7
tourerfogey
Banned

Presumably you really mean 'next year' OP?
tourerfogey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2007, 22:06   #8
rapid6
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T CDTi

Yep, that would be 'next year', ive been nightshift last 2 days with no sleep, im getting a little 'yawn' tired now. 'starts snoring'

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ooh Suits you...Sir!!
Old 26th December 2007, 23:42   #9
Phil
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Connoisseur SE

The nicest place I think I have been on holiday to was a place called Ogwen Bank holiday park. Bethesda?? North Wales. it is a fantastically beautiful part of the world. Nice friendly Welsh people, rather splendid barmaid in the pub on site.
Old 27th December 2007, 00:12   #10
JohnDotCom

Rover 75 FaceLift Tourer CDTi 170BHP Auto ConnSE 2005 Model Starlight Silver

If its a Static in a Park with good Entertainment, Smashing Swimming Pools with Flumes, and Wave Machines as well as Entertainment for all ages (and Wi Fi) , Cafes , Restaurants, Childrens Entertainment, Boating Lake, rock Garden, Woods etc Try British Holidays/Haven at Pwhelli North Wales.
You also have in Very Close access Castles, Steam Narrow Gauge Railways, Black Rock Sands you park your car on, Portmeirion the Italianate Village where the Prisoner was Filmed, Slate Mines, Potteries, Mountains with Miles of Mountainous Roads within Distance, and Beautiful Countryside and a Warm Welcome Etc.
All this and Much more in North Wales.
JohnDotCom is offline   Reply With Quote