Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 27th August 2013, 23:57   #1
Scribbler.
Gets stuck in

Rover 75. Saloon. Red. V6. 2.5.

Default Long term Jobless.

Long term jobless.

We are I believe at an impasse, wherein those who have an incentive to work are divorced from the down right scroungers. We truly can no longer afford to keep these scroungers year after year at our expense. *(Just watch "Benefit Britain" on demand to see what I mean.) There is a culture within which some folks really believe we actually owe them a constant income which they have NOT earned.
My personal advice; "get off your lazy backsides and earn your keep."
Life for those whom do actually earn their living is never easy, various diverse examples are those `living from a suitcase' working away from home to those travelling great distances to commute daily from home to work; often at great expense. *To those, we applaud you all.
However we have an ugly underbelly of parasites who truly believe they are owed a living at our expense. Wake up, get real and face it, you are leeches upon today's tax payers. Everything from false claims for "Ins fraud i.e.; whiplash to inexplicable health problems, such as back-pains, muscular inefficiencies etc " are as we all know simply cop-outs; for which we all pay dearly.
You know who you are and, if this makes you feel uncomfortable or squirm then yes I'm talking about you.
Although this may well be simply another `governmental smokescreen' it's also factual. We all know at least one of these parasites so, make that anonymous call, "dob them in", if they're genuine there's no problem, if however they are leeches upon the tax payers then they deserve to be examined.
We can no longer afford to carry so much deadwood in their high lifestyles which they now take for granted. Single mums supported secretly by the fathers, unknown to the authorities; to the simply greedy individuals draining our financial blood regardless.
There is NO bottomless pit of "government money" which is in fact money from this countries tax payers, ever-pressured as they are.
So, all you lazy-asses , work shy cretins, benefit dependant idiots, wake up, smell the coffee, we are sick of carrying you, get to work or loose all your benefits.
*Genuine disabled people have nothing to fear, only the leeches upon society need fear this.
Mike.
Scribbler. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2013, 00:48   #2
Ros3
This is my second home

Rover 75 V6 saloon (gone to the Rover garage in the sky), Mazda mx5 Phoenix.

I'm on your side mate and I agree with almost everything you say, but it's a waste of time mate.

The culture in this country is that benefits are there for all and that they can be claimed for as long as you like as long as you can get away with it.

This will never change now, it's far, far to late now to change that..
Ros3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2013, 06:01   #3
ZedTeeTee
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon

I was watching the 1949 Benefits Britain program and found it very interesting, totally different attitudes.

The last episode featured a 19 year old who wanted to be a rapper, who said life was easier back then as "they didn't have the modern day stresses we have".

No, they were only still rebuilding the country after a war. Stress, what stress?

Overall, the 1949 attitude seemed to benefit (pardon the pun) most of those who took part in the end.
ZedTeeTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2013, 08:49   #4
FLYER
Banned

rover75 cdti AUTO TOURER 160 bhp.

Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,463 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ros3 View Post
I'm on your side mate and I agree with almost everything you say, but it's a waste of time mate.

The culture in this country is that benefits are there for all and that they can be claimed for as long as you like as long as you can get away with it.

This will never change now, it's far, far to late now to change that..
Sums it up really .
We have a system designed for scroungers.
FLYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2013, 09:14   #5
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

It is a product of the civilised society and western world. It will never change no matter how hard the government in power tries. I spend part of the year in Kenya where no benefit system exsists. To survive, people have to work, do what ever they can to make ends meet or starve or turn to crime. Clearly the benefit system in the UK is in need of a massive overhaul. No government to date has got it right and the resources to manage it effectively are not in place.

The losers know how to play the system, how to do the forms with the key words being correctly added in and how to play the interviews. I think that most of the scoungers manage to get away with it. Scribbler, I did not see the programme you mentioned.
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2013, 09:49   #6
James.uk
Passed Away

2002 Pale Blue. Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur auto. 170K miles

To some people, knowing how to, and getting the max from benefit depts is their job, or that's how they seem to see it. innit..

It can be sorted, the gov just need to change the rules is all....

Last edited by James.uk; 19th October 2013 at 15:44..
James.uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2013, 09:50   #7
thomas 75 connie
This is my second home

Rover 75 launch car x2, Rover 800 Vitesse

Thanked 1,083 Times in 653 Posts

I've never been out of work and when I see people dressed in designer gear hd tvs new cars etc all on benefits. (some people need the cars but some people clearly arnt ill and get them anyway).
In my job I see it all the time and I wish I could afford half the luxuries these people have.

If I was brought into government I don't care how much people hated it
I would make people sweep the streets. If they don't do it-no pay. If they are seen to be doing nothing then -no pay.
thomas 75 connie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2013, 09:53   #8
joesoap1

rover 75

Genuine disabled people have nothing to fear! zen the ATOS officer led them to the shower block...............
joesoap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2013, 10:13   #9
Howie666
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT 190+, Trophy Blue

It is an old debate. I however, have a question. With the slashing of the Benefits Budget (of which about 80% goes to people of pensionable age), how have any of the Taxpayers of this country benefitted? At all? Has food become cheaper? Has fuel lowered in price? Have they reduced Income Tax as a result of their assault on the poorest in society?
At this time I have seen absolutely NO benefit to the wider population of the UK as a result of the Conservatives ideology, barring the setting of the not so well off against the even worse off. Growth is still circling the drain, the national debt has actually increased since the Conservatives slid into power, and the high street continues to die.
There are of course people who take advantage of the situation, I'm sure there always will be. But unless their intention is to turn the country against itself, I'd have to say that what they're doing isn't working for anyone apart from the top 1% of the country. And don't get me started on the creeping privatisation of the NHS.
1a. Headlights polished - DONE! (Magic Mike )
2. Auto dip rear view mirror
3. Seats replaced - DONE! (thank you Mischief)
7. Bodywork repainted
8. Inlet manifold changed for a working one - DONE! (Magic Mike )
Howie666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2013, 11:03   #10
Grumpy1
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 2.5 2001 Royal Blue Connoissuer Auto Saloon

Please don't tar all long term unemployed with the same brush! My lady friend was, until last week, unemployed for 11 months after being made redundant last September. Now, a few years ago, she actually worked in a Jobcentre, so she 'knows the system'. To be able to claim JSA (£51 a week in her case) and housing benefits, she had to spend hours every day looking for work, and she had to prove that she had done so by printing off, and keep a written record of, every search and every application she had made, and present it to the little Hitlers, sorry, advisors, at the local Gestapo HQ, sorry, Jobcentre, every fortnight. If they didn't think she was trying hard enough, they threatened to stop her JSA. She had to attend a computer centre 5 days a week (£2.50 a day car parking out of her £51 JSA, not re-claimable) to do nothing more than she could have done at home on her own computer, and was recently sent on a course to try to learn book keeping and Sage accounting. She openly admits to being rubbish with figures!

After 6 months her JSA was stopped and her circumstances had to be re-assesed. That took 10 weeks, during which time she had no income at all, and had to arrange an overdraft and a 'log book' loan so that she could pay her rent and council tax, or risk being evicted. When she advised the Jobcentre that she had found a part-time job, her JSA, rent and council tax allowance, were stopped within 3 days! 10 weeks to organise payment but only 3 days to stop it. Amazing.

She has just found a part time job, 22 hours per week, which will make her about £20 a week more than the JSA, so in effect she is going to work for £20 a week. This, she feels, is far more preferable to having to face all the foregoing.

So, how do these scroungers get away with it? Or have the authorities given up on them, knowing that most of them are un-employable? Most of them would not be capable of doing what Carol has had to go through. They just don't have the ability to do so. Of course, they may not actually be claiming JSA, because they are making a living some other way, in which case they wouldn't have to do what Carol did. It's a mystery to me. I was getting extremely worried about Carol's mental state I don't mind telling you. Hopefully the new job proves to be ok and possibly lead to full time work in the future.

Sorry for the long post, but I get a bit annoyed with all jobseekers being called scroungers!

Chad.

Oh no! Not DRLs! Yes, I can open the bonnet.

Last edited by Grumpy1; 28th August 2013 at 17:02..
Grumpy1 is offline   Reply With Quote