Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 19th July 2013, 20:25   #1
ScouseAllan
Regular poster

Rover 75 contempory SE Auto

Default Scotland.....amazing!!

So Wednesday afternoon was informed I had to travel up to Glasgow for a bit of A/C work as my employer has a contract with timberland shops an the premier inns all over the place, just giving the filters a quick service, nice an easy :thumbup:

So the journey started in Liverpool at 4 in the morning was in Glasgow for 8 by 11 I was travelling to Glasgow airport then on to Edinburgh, really impressed with Glasgow very clean I thought an blew all my misconceptions out the window!

After spending 2hours driving round Edinburgh city centre I found a place that had a vacancy. Damn you golf tournament an Madonna !

Ended up doing a bit of sight seeing , uploadfromtaptalk1374265056368.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1374265082832.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1374265108765.jpg

What a beautiful place plan on going back with my partner next month, couldn't recommend it highly enough.

Just when I thought I could head home this afternoon got a call for a job in Greenock....20 odd miles past Glasgow airport grrr

So after going back to where I just came from I discovered the A/c unit was condemned an no work was needed on it, but didn't write it off as a wasted journey because I got too experience some amazing scenery...

uploadfromtaptalk1374265348903.jpg

First time in Scotland definitely not my last ..

Oh an 700 miles in 30 odd hours later the car is as smooth as ever not a single fault cruise control for most of it, flirting between 65 an 80 mph sunroof open window down , fuel an expenses paid for , love my job sometimes!
Old 19th July 2013, 20:28   #2
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

My most favourite place in the world,i love it,shame it's full of Scots No seriously,get up the west coast & around the top end,the scenery will blow you away Why people go abroad is beyond me
suzublu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2013, 20:35   #3
ScouseAllan
Regular poster

Totally agree I've spent good money across Europe in some god awful places. (Looking at you Romania/Turkey)
Driving down the A8 was stunning with the river Clyde next to me nothing better.
Only saw 2 nice examples of facelift 75 s no club stickers though sadly.
Old 19th July 2013, 21:45   #4
Thomas
This is my second home

MG6 1.8T GT SE

Glad you enjoyed yourself!, the weather makes a huge difference
Old 19th July 2013, 22:58   #5
Jim Jamieson
This is my second home

Rover less !

Glad you enjoyed your trip.

We have some of the best scenery in the World but yes, sometimes Mother Nature spoils it a bit, then of course the dreaded midges but not in this heat I guess.

Who needs to go abroad when it's like this.
Jim Jamieson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2013, 23:10   #6
carlpenn
This is my second home

2000 Wedgey Blue 2.5V6 Beauty

When I was Taxiing, we had a contract with the Rail Companies to take Customers from the Rail Station to their Destinations. I was lucky to get a Chap from Preston in Lancs, to Aberdeen (266(?) Miles each way - £1 per mile on the outward Journey)

The Scenery was awesome (on the way home as it was night on my outward Journey), the Chap in question, was most pleasant, finding it highly amusing when - at the point of picking him up and decalring his destination, my first comment was "We need to get some fuel" - I remember vividly driving down a Road, and it was pitch black, then out of nowhere came this Building, almost like a Castle, lit up by lamps in the blackness of the night. Still have no idea where or what it was......

As for Scots being tight , this Scottish Chappy bought me 4 Cups of Coffee and a Sarnie at several service stations, plus a £20 Tip

Only been to Scotland twice, and loved it both times
Old 20th July 2013, 01:37   #7
ScouseAllan
Regular poster

Yeh I was driving down some roads thinking back to some of the bad winters we've had in Liverpool an can imagine its 10x worse up there, dread to think what it was like driving around Scotland with a foot or more of snow !

I've been taxing just on 4 yrs now (private) best job I ever had only clocked 60 mile just passed blackpool, you jammy ****** ! Don't know how long ago it was you was working but we're on £1.60 a mile with added 25% out of area charge ! ......

First time I ever had a potato scone aswell with my fry up still not sure what it was, got a look like I had two heads when I asked for hash brown....
Old 20th July 2013, 09:18   #8
galaxyclass
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT+ 190

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzublu View Post
No seriously,get up the west coast & around the top end,the scenery will blow you away
Have to agree with this. I used to regularly drive round Scotland for work and my favourite sections were Aberdeen to Inverness via the country roads and even better lochness via onich to Glasgow. Beautiful country.
Mods done - Spyhole mod - Xenons - Blue dash lights (except message centre) - VIS indicators - Illuminated sun visors - Drivers grab handle - Smiley plate - Rear electric blind - Handbrake compensator.

Mods to do - Powerfolds - Better ICE - Headlight washers - Heated seats - cruise - And loads more i can't remember.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
galaxyclass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2013, 11:58   #9
Simondi
Regional Secretary

MGTF, MG ZS EV Exclusive

Thanked 3,563 Times in 1,857 Posts

I'm glad you had a good visit, as Thomas said the weather helps.

If you fancy another fleeting vvisit pop up to Gretna tomorrow
Simondi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2013, 12:06   #10
Parker
This is my second home

Jaguar XJ 3.0 V6 Auto (X350) & Hyundai Tuscon 2020

It has to be said that this country has so much to offer if only we get the weather, but there again some places are great on a cold blustery day too.

I'm off to Scotland West coast for my hols this year and don't forget the west coast of Wales, spectacular scenery

Parker is offline   Reply With Quote