Notices

Old 11th September 2019, 16:13   #148361
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev Jules View Post
That is not good, what a shame their holiday being ruined like that.
We have booked a holiday next year with Rail Discoveries in LLandudno, what doss house were they in.

Rev

It was the Ambassador hotel in Llandudno which she booked through UK Breakaways. She rang them this afternoon and was told she has to wait 28 days for a rely to the complaint

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2019, 16:56   #148362
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
Just been to pick Mam & sister up from the railway station early! They were supposed to be on holiday in Llandudno all week but came away in disgust at the state of the hotel.
Remember a few years ago we went to a doo at a hotel in Edinburgh, what a dump! I looked at online reviews the following day, general opinion was that you weren't alone in the room! Dunno if its improved any.

Discovered being a good cook has disadvantages! Ging used to make spring rolls but I seem to have taken over that responsibility. Ging often takes a few to work. She started getting asked by her colleagues if they can order some . . . . she said yes. Oh deep joy, gonna end up chained in the kitchen.

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2019, 17:30   #148363
Rev Jules
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts

Quote:
It was the Ambassador hotel in Llandudno which she booked through UK Breakaways. She rang them this afternoon and was told she has to wait 28 days for a rely to the complaint
Cheers mate, we are in the Kensington Hotel with Rail Discoveries.

Rev,
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2019, 19:01   #148364
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Just been to pick Mam & sister up from the railway station early! They were supposed to be on holiday in Llandudno all week but came away in disgust at the state of the hotel.

Filthy bed bug infested rooms with dirty & ripped linen, this is a £130/night hotel

They've got video of them, they'd organised gluten free meals a month in advance but nobody had told the kitchen.

They refused two rooms because they stank & went across the road to another hotel for two nights that were available.
The clowns at reception refused to reimburse them so my sis is waiting on the owners reply before taking it further.

The rooms stank of fumigation with mounds of flea powder everywhere, they advertised wheelchair hire from the hotel but it was non existent and had to get taxi's into town to find a gluten free cafe to get something to eat after paying for upfront for three meals/day.

Poor ol Mam she went away for a break & it was a nightmare.
What a nightmare for your mam and a very stressful time, shocking for your mam and sister.

I would think the hotel needs to be 'outed' on Trip Advisor by giving it bad review, which is something the hotel won't like. Hopefully, your mam and sister will be refunded for the full amount.

Jessica and myself had a bad and good experience at a country inn on the North Yorkshire Moors. The centre of the mattress in the room had springs sticking up and when I turned the mattress over, the top of it was covered in old blood stains. We concluded it must have happened at a certain time of the month and whoever it was, turned the mattress over and said nothing about it.

I complained to the management and they replaced the bed and the mattress immediately. They were most apologetic and said there would be no charge for the room. I had mentioned in passing how I had a Gold Badge for my hotel reviews, how I usually gave praise when it is due.

Today, I stocked up on provisions to take me through October 31 and beyond, ready for when we return to the UK next June. Amazingly, I found long life milk with an end of date June 2020.

Tomorrow, big day for the scans, checking the bypass and aneurysms. Hopefully, there will not be any complications.

Last edited by Gate Keeper; 11th September 2019 at 20:12..
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2019, 07:03   #148365
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Morning all, gloriously sunny here. Good luck today Phil, hope all goes well 👍
Old 12th September 2019, 07:15   #148366
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Morning all, Grey, damp & fine drizzle here but supposed to warm up this afternoon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
What a nightmare for your mam and a very stressful time, shocking for your mam and sister.

I would think the hotel needs to be 'outed' on Trip Advisor by giving it bad review, which is something the hotel won't like. Hopefully, your mam and sister will be refunded for the full amount.

Jessica and myself had a bad and good experience at a country inn on the North Yorkshire Moors. The centre of the mattress in the room had springs sticking up and when I turned the mattress over, the top of it was covered in old blood stains. We concluded it must have happened at a certain time of the month and whoever it was, turned the mattress over and said nothing about it.

I complained to the management and they replaced the bed and the mattress immediately. They were most apologetic and said there would be no charge for the room. I had mentioned in passing how I had a Gold Badge for my hotel reviews, how I usually gave praise when it is due.

Today, I stocked up on provisions to take me through October 31 and beyond, ready for when we return to the UK next June. Amazingly, I found long life milk with an end of date June 2020.

Tomorrow, big day for the scans, checking the bypass and aneurysms. Hopefully, there will not be any complications.

Morning Phil, Yikes that sounds horrible the state of the mattress I don't know how people can present rooms like that! When my sister complained about the dirty torn bedding they replaced it with bedding that was micro stained from flea deposits all over it.

Yes Mam looked washed out when I picked them up from the station, It was the anniversary of Dads death and my sister wanted to take her away out of the house for an holiday. I'm just about to go across to see her as there are lots of docs/hospital appointments next week & I want to get the times/dates as she forgets.

I don't know why the booking agents/hotel owners are saying we wont get a reply for 28 days My Sister is not one to mess about with and will certainly get it sorted out one way or another.
I told her if to tell them I'll get Llandudno environmental health & the Welsh tourist board involved as well as trip advisor etc.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2019, 07:20   #148367
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Morning everyone

Raining.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2019, 10:15   #148368
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Quote:
Morning all, Grey, damp & fine drizzle here but supposed to warm up this afternoon.

Morning Phil, Yikes that sounds horrible the state of the mattress I don't know how people can present rooms like that! When my sister complained about the dirty torn bedding they replaced it with bedding that was micro stained from flea deposits all over it.

Yes Mam looked washed out when I picked them up from the station, It was the anniversary of Dads death and my sister wanted to take her away out of the house for an holiday. I'm just about to go across to see her as there are lots of docs/hospital appointments next week & I want to get the times/dates as she forgets.

I don't know why the booking agents/hotel owners are saying we wont get a reply for 28 days My Sister is not one to mess about with and will certainly get it sorted out one way or another.
I told her if to tell them I'll get Llandudno environmental health & the Welsh tourist board involved as well as trip advisor etc.
Good morning Ian, I admire your sister in getting your mam away for the anniversary of your dads passing. As you know, it can be a difficult time and it’s something some people aren’t able to get over.

It’s a bizarre ruling, The management can’t reply until 28 days have elapsed It sounds like a cop out to me, maybe they are hoping the customers who complain will lose interest or after 28 days, the entitlement to a claim will be cancelled out. You are doing everything in trying to make things right.

2 years ago, our British Airways holiday to Sardinia went badly wrong when their computers packed up on the day we were to fly back. The BA staff at the airport panicked and in a cowardly way, fled the airport. We had to find a different hotel and fly back to the UK on a charter the next day. BA did not help, they were useless, shame on them ....An elderly couple from London on the same BA flight, asked if they could come with us. I said yes, of course you can. I helped them book the same charter flight on an Italian budget airline and hotel we were staying in, they were frail and vulnerable. We went to the airport with them the next day and we made sure that got back okay. Their son was there to meet them at Gatwick, bless their hearts.

We had to fork out extra for the flight and hotel and rail fares as we flew into Gatwick and not Heathrow. Cutting a long story short, we complained and kept at BA again and again. We were fully reimbursed and received 1000 euros in compensation and that was within a month. I kept all receipts, notes of times and dates of phone calls and the names of people I spoke to. Also lodged the complaint with the head of BA Alex Cruz, as well as to his minions. Get the owners name, complain from the top down.
Old 12th September 2019, 14:57   #148369
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
Morning all, gloriously sunny here. Good luck today Phil, hope all goes well ��
Thanks Andy, thats very kind of you. I am meeting up with Ed and the mechanic on Saturday, having the other wheel done so that both wheels will have new ABS, new bearings and new back plates. Then we are going to the mechanics new house for an afternoon tea
Old 12th September 2019, 20:34   #148370
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
Has Jeff made a secret visit to the north east? Turned very windy here.
No whiff of sprouts though thankfully.
Well I will be pretty far North tomorrow ......Scotland here we come