Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 28th August 2013, 11:05   #11
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Sadly, I know a few leading a not uncomfortable life never having done so much as a days work since leaving school.

They need their backside given a good kick and be made to work. There should be no option to just sit about and get paid for doing nothing, they should be given the option of working or no income to keep them in their lifestyles.

There cannot be any true shortage of jobs, if it worth while for people to come over here and find themselves jobs from eastern Europe. Make the work shy put in at least 20 hours per week, to earn some of their keep. That would make it worth their while to find a proper job.

The dole and benefits were set up not to be a lifestyle choice, but to be a safety net.

I recently shopped someone who was both claiming and earning on the side, a life style which they and their relatives have followed for decades. The benefits pay for the basics, the work on the side pays for the luxury. The authorities seem not at all bothered in following it up, from what I have seen.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2013, 11:59   #12
DerekS
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Tourer

Whatever system you have, there will always be someone getting the better of it .
Tax havens for some, Big bonuses for some, overseas untaxed profits for some, cash into the back pocket etc . That all goes on and we know about it , and its a big loss to the government .
But mention the out of work scroungers, the long term unemployed, the single mums, the benefit brigade, and although the cost to the government may be just as much, the outcry is much louder. The difference is that benefits can be shown as an expense, but loss of income to the government can not be calculated.
Lets not discriminate when we get all uptight about benefits, tax dodgers are just as bad .
DerekS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2013, 12:18   #13
sikelsh
This is my second home

MGF

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekS View Post
tax dodgers are just as bad .
You wont be saying that the next time you need a part from here from a 'Trader' or your car needs seeing to by a kerb side motors man

Cash all the way then I'll bet

Simon
Old 28th August 2013, 13:38   #14
DerekS
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikelsh View Post
You wont be saying that the next time you need a part from here from a 'Trader' or your car needs seeing to by a kerb side motors man

Cash all the way then I'll bet

Simon
I hope that does not imply that traders and kerbside men are taxdodgers.
I pay my bills with fully, legal, taxed money. What the recipients do with it is their affair. I stand by the comments in my original post . If the cap fits ....
Old 28th August 2013, 14:29   #15
sikelsh
This is my second home

MGF

There isn't any implying from me, some will pay, and some will make a bit on the side, same goes for ebay, same goes for car booters, etc etc.

To lump these people, as you did, with claimants who have no intention of working is wrong. Most of the above will hold a full time job and pay PAYE Tax on this income.

If you wish to say what your definition of a tax dodger is, rather than just generalising, it may help.
Old 28th August 2013, 15:45   #16
MG Tom
Posted a thing or two

ex. MG ZT+

The fundamentals of the benefit system seem to be long forgotten. It was intended to be a safety net below which nobody should be allowed to fall, to keep people out of abject poverty. To my mind that means provide food and shelter.

The number of these scroungers who can afford to drink, smoke, Sky TV, family holidays abroad etc is simply astonishing.

Going back to the 1949 system would be a massive step backwards, but to my mind the state does far too much. People can CHOOSE the benefits lifestyle, and I'm sorry but it shouldn't be an option.
My project thread HERE
MG Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2013, 17:03   #17
FredSpencer
Passed Away

Typhoon ZT 190+ Saloon

The fundamental fact that no-one mentions when they start this kind of thread is that there aren't enough jobs in this country for everybody to have one and that's the way the powers that be like it because it keeps wages down.

The actual financial burden of these so called work-shy people to tax payers is miniscule compared to the money not collected from tax avoiders and evaders. If you're going to have a go at someone have a go at them.

There are, of course, lots of other factors that need to be taken into account when discussing this subject, but for many people it's easier just to take a headline and rant about it. Unsurprisingly the powers that be also like this because it divides people who really ought be sticking together.
FredSpencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2013, 17:04   #18
DerekS
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Tourer

Sikelsh... thank you for your interest and comments, but I do not wish to contribute any further to this thread .

Yes I do, Ive just read Freds post. Its just what I was trying to say at first, but put much better . Over and out .
/

Last edited by DerekS; 28th August 2013 at 17:08..
Old 28th August 2013, 17:30   #19
FredSpencer
Passed Away

Typhoon ZT 190+ Saloon

Quote:
Yes I do, Ive just read Freds post. Its just what I was trying to say at first, but put much better . Over and out .
I understood you perfectly well.
FredSpencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2013, 17:32   #20
Howie666
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT 190+, Trophy Blue

The fundamental fact that no-one mentions when they start this kind of thread is that there aren't enough jobs in this country for everybody to have one and that's the way the powers that be like it because it keeps wages down.

The actual financial burden of these so called work-shy people to tax payers is miniscule compared to the money not collected from tax avoiders and evaders. If you're going to have a go at someone have a go at them.

There are, of course, lots of other factors that need to be taken into account when discussing this subject, but for many people it's easier just to take a headline and rant about it. Unsurprisingly the powers that be also like this because it divides people who really ought be sticking together.
Quote:
Sikelsh... thank you for your interest and comments, but I do not wish to contribute any further to this thread .

/
Well Said!
1a. Headlights polished - DONE! (Magic Mike )
2. Auto dip rear view mirror
3. Seats replaced - DONE! (thank you Mischief)
7. Bodywork repainted
8. Inlet manifold changed for a working one - DONE! (Magic Mike )
Howie666 is offline   Reply With Quote