Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Events and Meets > Regional Events Forum: Yorkshire & North Lincolnshire
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 11th August 2013, 18:55   #71
Nige B
This is my second home

honda civic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Mostly blondes, tight tops, tight leggings, attentive to the older man I did notice you skip your pudding Ronnie....
You trying to attract more names for next time , cos i'm convinced ,if available...would have liked to have made today but going to the lakes tomorrow so will surely get my fill of beautiful scenery ....and no doubt waitress's

Nige B
Nige B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2013, 19:04   #72
Fusilier
Moderator / RS North East

MG ZT T 180,MGF Freestyle, Jaguar XKR Convertible and XF

Thanked 2,231 Times in 1,309 Posts
Default North Yorkshire Moors

Some of the photo's from my phone

Stu

Project Gruple http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=213155
Fusilier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2013, 19:06   #73
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by reworht View Post
Well I'm back home after a smashing afternoon on top of the moors.
An superb steak and ale pie, an afternoon of excellent company, plenty of car chat, lovely sunshine (but a bit breezy and the opportunity) to meet some new (and old!) faces. Brilliant way to spend a Sunday afternoon - thanks to everybody for being such good company - and especially Ronnie (I still think she was bit young mate ) and Nigel for organising it.
I have a feeling that Phil and Jessica may just have taken a shine to North Yorkshire
Hope everybody got (or is getting!) home safely - I know Phil took some photos which I hope he'll post later - I've just found my camera on the dining table at home where I left it - doh!
Many thanks for the framed photo of the moors in winter and the other one of the moors in the colours of summer. Something we will treasure. We loved seeing everyone who came. Good company with many stories and laughs to share. The drive from the car park across the moors, was spectacular and we enjoyed going with everyone. The pretty villages and going around the sheep was something else Thanks to Ronnie for organising the pub and for getting it together. The army stories Stu of your time in Kenya were fascinating. Kahawa Barracks could be where you remembered the army stores. We sometimes see Landy's with the 2 knives insignia out on the roads Nigel it was a treat for Jessica to meet your wife and to save her from the car talk. What a lovely lady she is. Colin thanks for keeping us in order at the head of the table. The lads do have fun pulling your leg .....We took another route back and stopped for photos, ending up at Whitby Abbey. There was some beautiful views to be seen. We did enjoy lapping up the northern hospitality. A big thanks for making us welcome Sorry to prattle on.... I will sort out the photos when I am back in London oh darn! I got lots of pics but none of who was there!
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2013, 19:13   #74
FredSpencer
Passed Away

Typhoon ZT 190+ Saloon

Quote:
oh darn! I got lots of pics but none of who was there!
Thank God for that! ..... My puddin' bulge wouldn't have looked good.
FredSpencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2013, 19:14   #75
Fusilier
Moderator / RS North East

MG ZT T 180,MGF Freestyle, Jaguar XKR Convertible and XF

Thanked 2,231 Times in 1,309 Posts

Quote:
Many thanks for the framed photo of the moors in winter and the other one of the moors in the colours of summer. Something we will treasure. We loved seeing everyone who came. Good company with many stories and laughs to share. The drive from the car park across the moors, was spectacular and we enjoyed going with everyone. The pretty villages and going around the sheep was something else Thanks to Ronnie for organising the pub and for getting it together. The army stories Stu of your time in Kenya were fascinating. Kahawa Barracks could be where you remembered the army stores. We sometimes see Landy's with the 2 knives insignia out on the roads Nigel it was a treat for Jessica to meet your wife and to save her from the car talk. What a lovely lady she is. Colin thanks for keeping us in order at the head of the table. The lads do have fun pulling your leg .....We took another route back and stopped for photos, ending up at Whitby Abbey. There was some beautiful views to be seen. We did enjoy lapping up the northern hospitality. A big thanks for making us welcome Sorry to prattle on.... I will sort out the photos when I am back in London oh darn! I got lots of pics but none of who was there!
Phil

Yes that was the place I was thinking about, memory loss starts to occur at my age, but it was back in 1976 when I was in Kenya, quite a few year ago, but was great to finally meet you and your good lady today, and hope that you enjoyed the company of some of the Northern lads, think that the location was a great location for the meet today, and as always the company was good

I spent a bit of time talking to both you and Fred and reminiscing over old times

I enjoyed the drive across the moors as well, in little red, as it is only the second time it has been out of the garage this year.

Stu

Project Gruple http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=213155

Last edited by Fusilier; 11th August 2013 at 19:17..
Fusilier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2013, 19:34   #76
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

I was glad that you and Fred managed the drive today and it was interesting to hear about the adventures you both had serving Queen and country We hope to see you again next time we are back up north. Thanks to Fred for passing on the old VIS motors kind of you sir!
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2013, 19:49   #77
FredSpencer
Passed Away

Typhoon ZT 190+ Saloon

No problem delivering to Dave. We have to keep him busy ...... or he starts thinking up more stuff to do.
FredSpencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2013, 20:43   #78
NigelOBB
This is my second home

04 Rover 75 Contemporary SE - 53 Rover 75 Connoisseur -94 Mercedes W140 - 72 VW Beetle 1300

Quote:
Swmbo said the same thing on the way back home how much she enjoyed chatting to Jessica and if swmbo is happy then everybody is happy.

I missed having a flick through the articles about your car so must do that the next time.

Once again have a safe trip back down south and enjoy the rest of your stay give my regs to Jeff & co when you see them..

Here is the web address for Landal http://www.landal.com they have many parks, out of the 6 or 7 we have been to I like Het Land van Bartje is my favourite, closely followed by De Lommerberg.. Very few Brits use the sites but as you well know the Dutch speak very good english..

Keep smiling - it makes people wonder what you've been up to.

NigelOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2013, 08:19   #79
2Diesels
Trader

ZT 260SE, Connoisseur CDT

Well that was fun yesterday, I had a run down the long way taking the A1 to Bowburn & then through Coxhoe etc. to Wynyard & out onto the A19 & then past Guisborough (where I caught a little red MGF) & up the hill to the meeting car park. Once we had all arrived it was off again over the moors, through Castleton & on to the Lion. We were a little bit sharp but it gave us time to enjoy a pint & a natter before lunch.
The food was absolutely superb & I am now in love with at least 3 of the waitresses

Great to see everyone again & Phil n Jessica I hope you enjoy your hols & hopefully catch you again somewhere.

The drive back was fun I ran back over to Guisborough with Rod who made good progress & after that I had a little game of cat & mouse with a sporty Fiesta on the dual carriageway.............the mouse runs this way, I grab him with my paw...........the mouse runs that way, I grab him with my paw..............and finally I squash his ass
2Diesels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2013, 08:30   #80
reworht
This is my second home

Honda HR-V 1.6 i-DTEC SE Navi 5dr Diesel Hatchback

Thanked 2,156 Times in 1,497 Posts

'twas a nice night for a trip over the Moors wasn't it - I did take a few excursions to the other side of the road to give the pesky sheep as much space as possible. Did you spot the very nice Subaru Impreza WRC parked in Castleton?

Rodney - you plonker!
... but more commonly known as Rod !
reworht is offline   Reply With Quote