Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 9th August 2013, 09:52   #41
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts
Default My car is not a leaning post... Am i wrong to be annoyed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindaloo View Post
You quite right to post your displeasure on here Rik as I assume the offending member has read it, feels embarrassed and hopefully won't do it again.
They know who they are and they do read these threads. I bet they will ignore them. I am tempted to take a photo of the offenders doing it at the meets and posting up the evidence.... Would that be breaking the rules? In reality I would not.

Last edited by Gate Keeper; 9th August 2013 at 22:08..
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2013, 10:49   #42
FredSpencer
Passed Away

Typhoon ZT 190+ Saloon

I'd be happy for anyone to lean on my car for a while ..... with a polishing machine.
FredSpencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2013, 11:05   #43
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDoodles View Post
Sadly we can blame the Liberal Left for much of this reduction in respect for other people's property!

For they now learn more about what "Right's" they have at school and now know that that have no consequences for any of their actions, "coz I got right's, innit!"
I thought it was the "I must have it all and will walk all over others to get" Greedy Right that was responsible for the changes you highlight!

I'm only joking.

Unfortunately the deterioration in moral standards and respect for others' property has conquered the political, geographical, religious, racial, ethnic,.... divides.
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2013, 11:32   #44
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

This has happened only once to my car. At a meet a member who I had met previously and who I respected, sat not on but ‘against’ the front wing and seemed to be about to settle in.

I didn’t know if there was perhaps a medical problem so I just asked him if he would like somewhere more comfortable to sit as I had a foldaway chair in the boot. He politely declined and immediately stood up. Our mutual respect was maintained.
Old 9th August 2013, 12:13   #45
Will.S
Avid contributor

MG ZT 260 SALOON

I hate this too, the reaction you get is 'what's your problem?' and 'It's only a car'.
I get the same with no drinks or food in the car and bags in the boot, people seem to take it as a challenge, as if I'm forcing my will on them, or they feel the need to re-educate me!

My brothers girlfriend made a fuss and after I'd dropped them off I found she'd tucked tissues under the head restraints and in between the seats?!
That showed me

The other is 'Oh honestly just park!' no I'm looking for a space where no one will park next to me " god it's only a car' , yes and it's my car and people with your attitude may park next to me and dent it!

It's more a reflection on their lack of respect/manners/discipline than on any of us being anal!

It's simple, it's my car so follow my rules, if you don't like it get a lift with someone else.

9 times out of 10 these are the same people that huff when you ask them to take there shoes off before they come into your house, I would always offer first as a matter of respect, but again it boils down to:

'IT'S MY HOUSE SO MY RULES'
Will.S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2013, 12:48   #46
EDDYW
Loves to post

Rover 75 1.8 saloon. Jag X300 4L, XJ8 3.2 v8, Jeep Grand Cherokee 4l petrol + LPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will.S View Post
I hate this too,

9 times out of 10 these are the same people that huff when you ask them to take there shoes off before they come into your house, I would always offer first as a matter of respect, but again it boils down to:

'IT'S MY HOUSE SO MY RULES'
Hi,
A while ago I fitted my brothers carpets throughout his house, and moved furniture into place, and basically settled it to where everything was in its place.
I was about to leave when his wife arrived from work and asked me to remove my "dirty" shoes from her new carpets,( not a word of thanks for almost 2 days of free work). I did so without question, Unfortunately at that time I was suffering from a chemical imbalance in my system that made my feet sweat heavily and smell like very stale rotting cheese, Moments later she opened doors and windows to clear the offending stench but also asked me to put my shoes back on.
I have never been asked to remove my shoes since.
EDDYW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2013, 17:57   #47
markvh
Loves to post

MG ZT-T

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDoodles View Post
Sadly we can blame the Liberal Left for much of this reduction in respect for other people's property!

For they now learn more about what "Right's" they have at school and now know that that have no consequences for any of their actions, "coz I got right's, innit!"
oh dear.......... always some political party to blame......

I blame the parents............

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
markvh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2013, 17:58   #48
markvh
Loves to post

MG ZT-T

by the way, I agree totally, would never lean on someone elses car, and would not be impressed if someone leaned against mine, very rude !

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
markvh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2013, 18:11   #49
MrDoodles
Banned

MG ZT+ V6 190

Thanked 1,196 Times in 818 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by markvh View Post
oh dear.......... always some political party to blame......
Parties!
MrDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2013, 18:32   #50
ProfDave
This is my second home

ZTT, Contemp Saloon, Duotone Tourer

came back to my mini (proper one) today and a boy was spraying his hair with red colouring while sitting with his ass on my bonnet. Homicide was quite close. I strung together an amusing and normative collection of expletives.
ProfDave is offline   Reply With Quote