Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 8th August 2013, 11:28   #51
scorpio stu
This is my second home

Jaguar 3.2 Executive

My ZT-T Monogram looks great in pictures but up close probably looks te same as yours. They are hard to keep in tip top condition and the cost of paintwork on a monogram is scary !

To be honest I still love the car and colour and it turns heads wherever we go so don't be down about it at least the cars are still on the road and not in a crusher somewhere.

Triumph Street Triple R
scorpio stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2013, 11:32   #52
freddie
Passed Away

75 cdti connoisseur se saloon

Thanked 1,921 Times in 1,345 Posts

Also if it makes you feel any better spent£250 having all stone chips and two dents removed then resprayed two weeks later stone from lorry put another dent back in .Never ending trying to keep it neat and tidy dont give up.
freddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2013, 11:42   #53
Le Mans 190
I really should get out more.......

RIP Le Mans 190 :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlalou View Post
as the tittle says.

ive spent hours on her today and it all seems to be for nothing.

it would seem that her body work is letting her down, i have clayed her and i was expecting some great results, but no

i really do not know what to do, when i go to the meets i want to park her away from all the others.

i brought her in a sorry'ish state hoping that i could turn her around, but it would seem that i just can't.

i have got her running perfectly and she is sweet as a nut.

i am now seriously thinking about selling her, as i have just not got the money to sort out her body.

i really do not know where i am with her right now

any advice would be so gratefully recieved.

here is some pictures of todays failed attempt

before:

after:

not much difference

Swap her with mine Carla you know it makes sense
Le Mans 190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2013, 13:07   #54
paul d
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon & Saab 93 'vert

Quote:
i have just come back from taking her out

Paul, i really hope that "The pretty one" will be back on the road soon
It is "kind of" phase 1 done, or will be when i get the front calipers on in the next hour or 2 , phase 2 engine rebuild in next 2 or 3 weeks but phase 3 rear end rebuild next year i reckon.

If i can do it with the grief i've had so can you. The posers can have there pristine cars, only bring 'em out when the sun shines & constantly polish 'em I'll have mine to enjoy everyday Stone chips, scratches an' all.

Regards

Paul
Old 8th August 2013, 13:11   #55
Mischief

Rover 75

For me these sites and the meets are about keeping the cars running not about the shiny looks of them. I still park up right next to all other cars at he meets shiny or not as it belongs there. That's why I help out anyone I can with mods and fixes just so the cars work as they should, the look is the last thing on my mind.

John

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My 75's General Information:

• This vehicle was the 49,501st 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
  • This vehicle was the 1st 75 1.8 T Club SE to be made out of 3,980
  • This vehicle was the 1st 75 in Celestial (Special Metallic) (code: IAI) to be made out of 19 Celestial (Special Metallic) 75s
Mischief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2013, 15:19   #56
Organiser

ZT-T+180 Auto & ZT-T+1.8T in Trophy Blue, ZT-T CDTI+135 Auto in Ignition Blue, ZT-T+190 in Typhoon,

Carla,

Is there something in the water in Coventry. Firstly Paul d is going to sell after all his problems, but has now relented and now you are giving up over a bit of poor paintwork!!

A day in a good bodyshop will have all those scratches and scuffs sorted but as you know the paint is not cheap so start saving and we will all sit in the corner with you till you get it done!

See you soon.

Tom.

Last edited by Organiser; 8th August 2013 at 15:21..
Organiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2013, 16:34   #57
FredSpencer
Passed Away

Typhoon ZT 190+ Saloon

Carla, I will second the advice of using Farecla G3 for scratch removal. It's not expensive and can be done by hand. It can take quite a while and some effort and you need to use the right pad, but the end result is worth it. It will completely remove the lesser scratches and make the worst ones look better.

You say that you clayed it but there was no mention of polish or sealant or suchlike. You'll need to do that as well to get the best finish. I use Bilt Hamber cleanser polish and auto balm. The cleanser polish gets the paint really clean and also deals with very minor imperfections. The autobalm protects and will fill some of the remaining imperfections.

Till I got my Typhoon I had absolutely no interest in cleaning cars but like you I hate to see it dirty so I now regularly clean it, whether I want to or not. You saw mine at Harewood so you know what the finish can be like. Mine has plenty of imperfections, little dents, lots of stone chips and some scratches, but if you do the best you can that's all that anyone can expect. If you haven't got lots of money to throw at it you'll never have a completely perfect finish but that isn't the point. As everyone has said, it's about getting it the best you can bearing in mind its age and usage.

I would also agree about getting the glass, black trim and wheels as good as you can, they're the bits that really set it apart from the average clean car.

Get yourself a cheap pressure washer and do the washing part in the right way (2 bucket method) so you minimize the swirls you inflict yourself. Then polish and protect as necessary and I'm sure you'll feel a lot better about your car which, as everyone has said, is no worse than a lot of others.
FredSpencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2013, 16:41   #58
Le Mans 190

RIP Le Mans 190 :(

You can get some great ideas from here http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/index.php
Le Mans 190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2013, 17:17   #59
1gp

mgzt, 135 cdti , manual , in solar red.also own a mgtf.

Quote:
you could have as long as you wanted with her

i ran my nail over some of them and there is quite a few that my nail went into. if that makes sence

and then some they are smooth to touch.

Trebor did an amazing job on one that i had going down the bottom of the back door. I could'nt believe the difference
I carnt do the next nano will be on holiday. but if you need some help the offer is on the table...
1gp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2013, 17:22   #60
carlalou
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT-T 190 Biomorphic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1gp View Post
I carnt do the next nano will be on holiday. but if you need some help the offer is on the table...
i will pull up a chair

if you would like to pm me any futher when you would be able to assist

membership number 001735
carlalou is offline   Reply With Quote