Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 31st July 2013, 17:01   #11
goughy0206
Regular poster

rover 75 connie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredSpencer View Post
I'd be interested to see a photo of the pothole. Must be a corker if it can do that at 10mph.

I would agree about doing the claim yourself (although it isn't a forgone conclusion you'll get paid) as insurance companies are rubbish at doing them for some reason.
Wasn't that big about 3in deep. Problem with doing a claim myself is time and money . Insurance paying in to my bank tommorrow so less then a week. And I still got courtesy car for 3 weeks.
goughy0206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2013, 17:29   #12
FredSpencer
Passed Away

Typhoon ZT 190+ Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by goughy0206 View Post
Wasn't that big about 3in deep. Problem with doing a claim myself is time and money . Insurance paying in to my bank tommorrow so less then a week. And I still got courtesy car for 3 weeks.
That's not particularly deep. I suspect you already had something wrong and the pothole just finished it off.

My reference to doing it yourself was really for anyone else who might want to claim in the future. I investigate these sorts of claims for my local authority and have never had one yet where an insurance company has actually followed the claim through. It's always just a short letter with the briefest of details from them and then when asked for more information we never hear from them again. I guess they don't think it is worth their while to pursue it ..... easier just to put your premium up.
FredSpencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2013, 17:45   #13
goughy0206
Regular poster

rover 75 connie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredSpencer View Post
That's not particularly deep. I suspect you already had something wrong and the pothole just finished it off.

My reference to doing it yourself was really for anyone else who might want to claim in the future. I investigate these sorts of claims for my local authority and have never had one yet where an insurance company has actually followed the claim through. It's always just a short letter with the briefest of details from them and then when asked for more information we never hear from them again. I guess they don't think it is worth their while to pursue it ..... easier just to put your premium up.
Arr I see you don't want to do mine for me so it can change to a non fault
goughy0206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2013, 17:58   #14
FredSpencer
Passed Away

Typhoon ZT 190+ Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by goughy0206 View Post
Arr I see you don't want to do mine for me so it can change to a non fault
If it happened in Leeds I could be the one who dealt with it, but you'd have to submit the claim yourself.
FredSpencer is offline   Reply With Quote