Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 21st July 2013, 20:56   #91
rovexCDTi
This is my second home

MG ZT+ 135

A 2007 BMW will be subject to the newer recycling laws that the 2005 and earlier Rovers were not.

The full leather is real leather, but half leathers are not. Even so I can clearly see wrinkling on that seat that i haven't seen on my friends 160K mile 330, or even another friends 130K Skoda vRS.
Old 21st July 2013, 20:58   #92
Dominic22
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 V8 Plus Others

I think a lot is true of what is said, having owned german cars ranging from £15K to £70K they were great, did all the things they should, but they were just a car to me, they meant nothing to me. I never gave them a second thought when they went and another appeared.

Now I know I can buy a car that is quicker, cheaper etc but from a personal stance none have ever got under my skin like these. Non have been talked about more when I see customers or people came to me.

They are quirky, and cheap. I can get a limited run car that ticks all my boxes for under £10000, now to me thats a good car. I took my V8 around France last year with the family and it was brilliant, now the Merc I took a few years ago was also great, but was £40k and no-one gave it a second glance, the V8 was a talking point even in rural france when I was there.

As I say there are cheaper, quicker out there but no car has ever given me more bang for my buck than these. There are others out there that think the same as they sell.

I went out with a friend last night who has a Jag, this thing is amazing top of the range every extra god knows how much he paid, his wife has a Golf GTI, with a new one appearing next week after a 5 month wait. Now it will be a lovely car do all the things it should but all we talked about was my V8, some mickey take etc but mainly curiosity, it has a story good and bad every German car I have owned was just a car comfy well made but bored the living daylights out of me.
Dominic22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2013, 20:59   #93
VMax1000
Passed Away

MG ZT260

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1gp View Post
I would love one .... has the engine or gearbox given any problems , are parts easy to get...
Engine, Mustang V8, plenty of spares in the States
Tranny, Tremec 3650, virtually bullit proof
Body, normal ZT parts
Brakes, Front same as 190, rear more difficult but sorted via 260ties

I'd say no problem with parts
VMax1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2013, 21:02   #94
VMax1000
Passed Away

MG ZT260

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovexCDTi View Post
A 2007 BMW will be subject to the newer recycling laws that the 2005 and earlier Rovers were not.

The full leather is real leather, but half leathers are not. Even so I can clearly see wrinkling on that seat that i haven't seen on my friends 160K mile 330, or even another friends 130K Skoda vRS.
Get a Beamer or a Skoda then but stop being so bl**dy awkward
Old 21st July 2013, 21:07   #95
FredSpencer
Passed Away

Typhoon ZT 190+ Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzublu View Post
I'll be your girlfriendwill you buy me one
Hussy!
FredSpencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2013, 21:09   #96
Howie666
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT 190+, Trophy Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny t View Post
I think you are loosing the point it doesn't matter about how technically brilliant it is it's all about the package, read some of the road tests that came out at the time even Jeremy Clarkson didn't rip into that much. The v8 is a piece of motoring history, it represents to me the Dunkirk spirit, the never say die attitude that somehow we seem to have lost
Long live the MG 260
I don't own a V8 (wish I did) but to me, ZT/75 ownership is about so much more than 'efficiency' or 'build quality'. Not that I think the ZT/75 isn't well built. In my opinion it is as well built as any other car, and better than some.
My ZT is a British sports saloon. Not 'British' like Ford, or Vauxhall/GM. I know it has BMW parts, and that BMW influenced some of the design, but the design team were/are British. And it has a unique look. It has the MG badge. It hasn't come from some corporate office design studio with this year's update on the corporate logo look. It isn't bland or boring. It doesn't look like it came out of a jelly mould.
I liked the 75 when it came out. I LOVED the ZT when that was released. And no BMW has that. I ran a 320i for a while. Boring, plastic, uncomfortable, small. And the interior quality certainly didn't live up to the 'ultimate driving machine' claim.
My car has been around long enough now for all the faults to have surfaced and in the main to have been addressed. The only car I would consider replacing her with (apart from the V8) would be an XF, but in terms of affordability it's out of the question. As someone said, you buy a ZT with your heart, not your head. And that's without mentioning the rarity of them. There are certainly a lot more of the 'equivalent' BMWs out there for the same/less money. But then again I've never wanted to follow the herd.
If your only reason for buying one of these cars is practicality, you're not in it for the right reason IMO. Rant over.
1a. Headlights polished - DONE! (Magic Mike )
2. Auto dip rear view mirror
3. Seats replaced - DONE! (thank you Mischief)
7. Bodywork repainted
8. Inlet manifold changed for a working one - DONE! (Magic Mike )
Howie666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2013, 21:09   #97
FrazzleTC
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer

Thanked 1,178 Times in 920 Posts

I've no direct experience of V8s, but I do really fancy a 75 V8 at some stage. Already, some of the magazines mention them, and I suspect, they'll eventually remain at a certain level, price-wise.
At the end of the day, few people buy a V8-engined saloon without being something of an enthusiast, and the ZT/75 V8 is definitely an enthusiast's car, which, in part, explains the price. The average car buyer, around whom prices are usually decided, is unlikely to want one, but there is a small, but keen group of people, who can, and do buy them.
2013 Mercedes SLK250 CDI
FrazzleTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2013, 21:12   #98
Les4048
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer/ MG ZT-T 400

Thanked 1,523 Times in 869 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovexCDTi View Post
So you are saying that the driver seat wear that is seen on almost all Rover cars with 'leather' is not true. The 'leather' isnt even leather!
You have got to be joking, mine is leather for definite. What about the old Capri every seat was worn on them as was the pug 205 gti its just it gets rubbed every time you go in and out of the car. When I go into my 260 I try and park my **** without rubbing the seat bolster
Les4048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2013, 21:12   #99
VMax1000
Passed Away

MG ZT260

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howie666 View Post
I don't own a V8 (wish I did) but to me, ZT/75 ownership is about so much more than 'efficiency' or 'build quality'. Not that I think the ZT/75 isn't well built. In my opinion it is as well built as any other car, and better than some.
My ZT is a British sports saloon. Not 'British' like Ford, or Vauxhall/GM. I know it has BMW parts, and that BMW influenced some of the design, but the design team were/are British. And it has a unique look. It has the MG badge. It hasn't come from some corporate office design studio with this year's update on the corporate logo look. It isn't bland or boring. It doesn't look like it came out of a jelly mould.
I liked the 75 when it came out. I LOVED the ZT when that was released. And no BMW has that. I ran a 320i for a while. Boring, plastic, uncomfortable, small. And the interior quality certainly didn't live up to the 'ultimate driving machine' claim.
My car has been around long enough now for all the faults to have surfaced and in the main to have been addressed. The only car I would consider replacing her with (apart from the V8) would be an XF, but in terms of affordability it's out of the question. As someone said, you buy a ZT with your heart, not your head. And that's without mentioning the rarity of them. There are certainly a lot more of the 'equivalent' BMWs out there for the same/less money. But then again I've never wanted to follow the herd.
If your only reason for buying one of these cars is practicality, you're not in it for the right reason IMO. Rant over.

Old 21st July 2013, 21:14   #100
Les4048
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer/ MG ZT-T 400

Thanked 1,523 Times in 869 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzublu View Post
I'll be your girlfriendwill you buy me one
A post is useless without a picture lol
Les4048 is offline   Reply With Quote