Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 4th July 2013, 19:22   #11
Parker
This is my second home

Jaguar XJ 3.0 V6 Auto (X350) & Hyundai Tuscon 2020

Well it's nice to see you back, surprised to hear about the trims that's the first I've heard of them failing. Mine as good as new

Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2013, 19:28   #12
ALPACA
Gets stuck in

MG HS EXCLUSIVE DCT

A real shame, and I followed the fitting instructions to the letter, and looked after them. My dad has had the same problem with his window switch ones. Discolouration then separation of the walnut and backing layers, then they discintegrate (how do you spell that word... is it even a word)....

But, the old girl is going strong and I still get that buzz every time I drive her. I've always thought the Rover 75 is one of the best looking cars out there, and there is nothing that floats my boat or tempts me to replace her... even with her walnut dangly bits.... erm, dangling in the breeze
MG HS EXCLUSIVE DCT - Dynamic Red Tri-Coat with Sardana red Bader leather interior. K&N filter.Weathershields.Mudflaps.Sundshades.Slot mats.Quilted rear seat protector.Latch guards.Fabric & rubber mats.Fabric & rubber Loadliners.Full alloy spare.MG seatbelt covers.Aussie chrome tailgate strip & bumper protector.Autoglymn lifeshine.Indonesian tailgate badge.Chrome steering wheel cover.
ALPACA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2013, 19:29   #13
MrDoodles
Banned

MG ZT+ V6 190

Thanked 1,196 Times in 818 Posts

Just remember folks, that it would cost £12 Billion to bring the UK road network up to scratch, but "Call Me Dave" would rather give the same amount away in "Overseas Aid", so keep replacing those springs and road wheels people!
MrDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2013, 19:35   #14
ALPACA
Gets stuck in

MG HS EXCLUSIVE DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredSpencer View Post
Have a look at the Local Authority's website about claiming for damage - you never know till you try. Also have a look at some of the links in my signature block.

Many thanks, will do so. All turned out OK in the end, and now with new springs and a full set of new boots, she's good to go, but the fact that a motorcyclist at night would have been killed by those pot holes, and the damage that many others no doubt also suffered does make me realize I should have been more vocal at the time.

Necessity of needing ROXY shipshape in the shortest time and my Britishness the limiting factors unfortunately. Thanks for those links
MG HS EXCLUSIVE DCT - Dynamic Red Tri-Coat with Sardana red Bader leather interior. K&N filter.Weathershields.Mudflaps.Sundshades.Slot mats.Quilted rear seat protector.Latch guards.Fabric & rubber mats.Fabric & rubber Loadliners.Full alloy spare.MG seatbelt covers.Aussie chrome tailgate strip & bumper protector.Autoglymn lifeshine.Indonesian tailgate badge.Chrome steering wheel cover.
Old 4th July 2013, 19:43   #15
FredSpencer
Passed Away

Typhoon ZT 190+ Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDoodles View Post
Just remember folks, that it would cost £12 Billion to bring the UK road network up to scratch, but "Call Me Dave" would rather give the same amount away in "Overseas Aid", so keep replacing those springs and road wheels people!
Might be able to cut that budget a bit if we can persuade plenty of immigrants to come over to join my fire watch scheme ..... with a bit of luck we'll have some in every street in the land.
FredSpencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2013, 13:49   #16
ALPACA
Gets stuck in

MG HS EXCLUSIVE DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post
Well it's nice to see you back, surprised to hear about the trims that's the first I've heard of them failing. Mine as good as new
Well, this morning the trims on the front cabin light cluster both peeled off, Same problem with the resin layer separating from the sticky backing and chunks splitting. Very disappointing after such a short time, and having fitted them correctly.

My only thoughts on the problem is that I run the Climate condition on cold all year round (illness means my body runs hot and I need to be cooled more than most peeps), and maybe that has contributed to the trims all cracking and peeling away. A great shame as I love the look of all that walnut....

ROXY also goes in to Autoglass on Monday morning to have a new windscreen fitted as she has developed yet more stone chips and cracks and I don't think it's worth keep resin treating them.
Old 18th July 2013, 05:19   #17
ALPACA
Gets stuck in

MG HS EXCLUSIVE DCT

So the final damage from the pothole encounter is now sorted. Despite some excellent resin treatment on the two cracks in ROXY'S windscreen left by the Eastbourne potholes, the screen did in fact, as warned by the Autoglass engineer as a possibility, crack again. One of the repaired cracks went again plus another on the drivers side... (location of the original marginal as to whether repairs would work).

So I figured I have paid fully comprehensive insurance long enough and contacted them to replace the windscreen this time. They had one in stock for the auto dipping mirror, so I was booked in three days later at the Crayford branch.

Bit of a **** up as head office sent down the non auto dipping mirror version.... But the engineer promised to get back toi me within two hours with the proper one which he duly did. Screen fitted at a cost of £75 excess to me an d all paperwork done without me having to worry....lovely.

Only problem is, I am now driving around like a wimp, worrying about every dip and pothole I see.....