Closed Thread

Old 24th June 2013, 11:55   #11
Leyland Worldmaster
This is my second home

Audi A2 1.4TDI

Thanked 1,622 Times in 1,057 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SapperGB View Post
Be mindful that the MK (armed wing of the ANC, founded by Nelson Mandela was disbanded as recently as 1990) and were directly responsible for over 200 civilian murders

ok 1990 was 23 years ago, but 911 was 12 years ago, I very much doubt that in 10 years time people would have been saying 'seems a good chap, that bin laden guy' should he have lived and turned to politics.
Firstly, my thoughts are with Nelson Mandela and his family; whatever the background, someone is looking at the health of their Grandfather; Father etc.

Secondly, I fail to see the connection between Osama Bin Laden and someone that actively campaigned for the abolition of apartheid; and indeed went to prison for his convictions.

There are other forums to join in with those that disagree with the ANC, but such conversation is well outside the scope of this thread.

🏓
Old 24th June 2013, 14:09   #12
MrDoodles
Banned

MG ZT+ V6 190

Thanked 1,196 Times in 818 Posts

One man's Freedom Fighter, is another man's Terrorist!

Having said that, before the ANC took over Government, you could at least walk the streets, now (like most African Countries) it's a crime ridden hell hole!
Old 24th June 2013, 14:47   #13
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Are the ANC Nelson Mandela's men? I'm not clued up on the who's who in Africa.
Old 24th June 2013, 14:52   #14
MrDoodles
Banned

MG ZT+ V6 190

Thanked 1,196 Times in 818 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
It doesn't list many of their acts of Terror, but quite a good resume of the ANC here!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/African_National_Congress
Old 24th June 2013, 15:21   #15
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

After reading some of that, to me it appears his "acts of terrorism", were carried out to stop black south Africans from becoming lower class citizens.
He stood up for the rights of black people, and violence obviously was the only way to fight back. We did the same with Hitler, refused to become his slaves. It also states that after his release from prison ,he tried to bring ekuality ( yes I know its spelt wrong ,but the relevant letter doesn't work on this particular computer )to both black and white people.
Old 24th June 2013, 16:51   #16
FredSpencer
Passed Away

Typhoon ZT 190+ Saloon

Parliamentarians must have been terrorists then?
Old 24th June 2013, 16:54   #17
FredSpencer
Passed Away

Typhoon ZT 190+ Saloon

Sorry, also meant to say if Nelson Mandela is suffering most of the time it might be kinder to let him go.
Old 24th June 2013, 18:47   #18
spyder
This is my second home

75 CDT Auto Tourer , Rover 45 , Astra, Zaffira, Chev Captiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
They are both members of the ANC, although Mandela is not really active in politics anymore he still has a lot of say so. However He and Zuma belong to different tribes(cultural groups) and therefore see things from different standpoints. Mandela, yes he was a convicted terrorist, stood for the bringing together of the country in a peaceful way and worked on building the country up. Zuma it would seem is in it for the power and money, as are a lot of African leaders.

The reason that Zuma is telling the world that all is fine with Mandela (even though it may not be) is that when he dies no one can tell what will happen with the general population. I for one am glad that my family is not there anymore, but time will tell. No it is not about politics, but rather public emotions and emotions are a strong force to deal with in Africa.
Chrome skull caps, EGR cleaned (original housing), Mondeo lower mounting, 12V outlets in the armrest and tourer boot, cat fixed, working FBH, Lidl plenum covers, DD with reverse camera.New speakesr/Tweeters with MDF rings. wood dash, Memory leather seats, wooden finished steering and handbrake, Xenon headlights.
Old 24th June 2013, 18:55   #19
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

We have not been told the extent of the care and treatment he is currently receiving to keep him alive. I suspect that Zuma and his side kicks have placed pressures on the medical team to do just that. I am with you Fred about allowing nature to take its course should Mr. Mandela decide that this how his life will end or if he is having to endure pointless suffering.
Old 24th June 2013, 19:04   #20
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder View Post
They are both members of the ANC, although Mandela is not really active in politics anymore he still has a lot of say so. However He and Zuma belong to different tribes(cultural groups) and therefore see things from different standpoints. Mandela, yes he was a convicted terrorist, stood for the bringing together of the country in a peaceful way and worked on building the country up. Zuma it would seem is in it for the power and money, as are a lot of African leaders.

The reason that Zuma is telling the world that all is fine with Mandela (even though it may not be) is that when he dies no one can tell what will happen with the general population. I for one am glad that my family is not there anymore, but time will tell. No it is not about politics, but rather public emotions and emotions are a strong force to deal with in Africa.

Spot on there with the history in brief and your assessment of Zuma and his craving for power, wealth and the state of the nation.
Closed Thread