Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 29th January 2019, 16:47   #1
Jamie
Posted a thing or two

In Limbo

Default Prodigal son seen driving a Landie !

Hello everyone,

Here I am some 9 years after selling my Lovely ZTT dropping by to see how my mates are doing?

Whilst I am here I thought I would share my latest project with you, as you may recall I shared the birth of my lovely son with you guys on here almost 10 years ago, blimey was it that long ago?!!

Anyways, I am seeking your holiness' approval for my new project and to let you know that my boy is showing some of his old dads interest in all thing smokey and mechanical.

For those of you interested in these Land Rover thingy's its a 1992 military Defender 90 FFR ex bomb disposal. I cant tell you how much fun me and my Lad are having mending and bopping around Crewe in our Landie...his face was the picture of Joy the first day I dropped him off at school in it. LOL

Anyways...if someone can remind me how to upload a picture that would be helpful, for the life of me I cant remember how! Jamie

Last edited by Jamie; 29th January 2019 at 17:01..
Jamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2019, 16:34   #2
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
Hello everyone,

Here I am some 9 years after selling my Lovely ZTT dropping by to see how my mates are doing?

Whilst I am here I thought I would share my latest project with you, as you may recall I shared the birth of my lovely son with you guys on here almost 10 years ago, blimey was it that long ago?!!

Anyways, I am seeking your holiness' approval for my new project and to let you know that my boy is showing some of his old dads interest in all thing smokey and mechanical.

For those of you interested in these Land Rover thingy's its a 1992 military Defender 90 FFR ex bomb disposal. I cant tell you how much fun me and my Lad are having mending and bopping around Crewe in our Landie...his face was the picture of Joy the first day I dropped him off at school in it. LOL

Anyways...if someone can remind me how to upload a picture that would be helpful, for the life of me I cant remember how! Jamie
Well done Jamie - sadly l can no longer post pics on here and have long since given up trying

Doing up a vehicle with your kids is a truly great thing to do. I bought a basket case Suzuki GT550 and renovated it whilst teaching my two boys how to check and make sure it’s done “right”.

Like you my kids loved it when I dropped them off at school on it!

I’m also a LR nut having owned 5 over a 20 odd year period. All of them awesome vehicles.

Again - my kids loved going to the big LR meeting at Billing Northamptonshire. Great fun - but I understand it is no longer at the Aquadome but on a good site nearby. The off road course was excellent - with help if you needed it.

Recommend you check it out and if you can go for the weekend. Your son will love it!!!
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2019, 19:31   #3
Jamie
Posted a thing or two

In Limbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcydog View Post
Well done Jamie - sadly l can no longer post pics on here and have long since given up trying

Doing up a vehicle with your kids is a truly great thing to do. I bought a basket case Suzuki GT550 and renovated it whilst teaching my two boys how to check and make sure it’s done “right”.

Like you my kids loved it when I dropped them off at school on it!

I’m also a LR nut having owned 5 over a 20 odd year period. All of them awesome vehicles.

Again - my kids loved going to the big LR meeting at Billing Northamptonshire. Great fun - but I understand it is no longer at the Aquadome but on a good site nearby. The off road course was excellent - with help if you needed it.

Recommend you check it out and if you can go for the weekend. Your son will love it!!!
You are quite right, I love tinkering with the LR but seeing my son get involved is just brilliant...Dad and son (or daughter) stuff is precious hey.

We went to the 'Great British Land Rover Show' at Stoneleigh a couple of months ago, weather was freezing but the show was mostly indoors. Are you in any of the Land Rover Clubs or forums? not sure if we are allowed to mention Land Rover Forums on here...any Admins give me a pointer in case I ruffle any feathers?