Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 30th January 2018, 18:20   #21
Comfortably Numb
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Another smooth, MAFless day. The car is lovely at 8* on the motorway, its just a shame that white van man gets there so much quicker. Perhaps I need heavier boots.
Comfortably Numb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2018, 22:25   #22
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comfortably Numb View Post
Another smooth, MAFless day. The car is lovely at 8* on the motorway, its just a shame that white van man gets there so much quicker. Perhaps I need heavier boots.
No, but I do know what you need, and white van man would only be seen in the rear view mirror

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2018, 23:48   #23
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
No, but I do know what you need, and white van man would only be seen in the rear view mirror

Brian
Hi Brian.
Andrew will also need a new MAF I have been trying over the last couple of days to find the old link I had for the BMW one but it seems that it as been lost, but I am sure you would be able to help out in that avenue also i found a couple of new links but i am waiting on a return answer to a few questions i have asked the seller.

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2018, 23:58   #24
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
Hi Brian.
Andrew will also need a new MAF I have been trying over the last couple of days to find the old link I had for the BMW one but it seems that it as been lost, but I am sure you would be able to help out in that avenue also i found a couple of new links but i am waiting on a return answer to a few questions i have asked the seller.
I'll have to dig deep Steve to find the original invoice for the new MAF, however I do have a used MAF which is within spec in my spares, if Andrew still needs one

The joys of moving your filing system

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2018, 00:05   #25
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

[QUOTE=marinabrian;2590435]I'll have to dig deep Steve to find the original invoice for the new MAF, however I do have a used MAF which is within spec in my spares, if Andrew still needs one

Quote:
The joys of moving your filing system

Brian [/QUOTE
]

Brian
We are only four weeks into the season of 2018 and I am sick of laptop PC I have had two go bum up with the windows new upgrade 1709 I have had to have them reinstalled with a brand new install, ( Big thank you to Jamie )

I have also look on the two TB out side hard drives I have and a few usb sticks no joy.

Anyways back on track I don't what a rollicking for going off track Andrew will most certainly be going back home with a big grin on his face

ad altiora tendo.

Old 1st February 2018, 22:03   #26
Comfortably Numb
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Thanks lads, for your concern over my MAF sensor. In fact I ordered one for £29 from e-bay, fitted it last night, and after a short test run, just to check it didn't make the car play up, I went to work with it today. Whereas previously, the car responded slowly and reluctantly to the accelerator, like I had 3 Sumo wrestlers occupying the other seats, today it responded far better. So much more responsive, that on my way home, it was such a fine evening, I took a detour, through the Lake District, over the Windermere Ferry, over Kirkstone, and back along the shores of Ullswater. On the twisting, humpy, hilly roads, I was at last able to appreciate the tractability of the engine, and its surprising agility and suppleness. A couple of days ago, I would have been worn out through rowing it on the gearshift, and have cramp in my clutch leg! However, it would be nice to have a few more BHP on tap for when some *wa* in an Audi (they have taken over from BMW drivers) comes flashing his lights up my chuff on the M6 up Shap, when I am overtaking 2 trucks doing a 3-mile overtake, so I am checking half term dates for another trip to Tyneside - this time in the Rover!
Old 2nd February 2018, 14:24   #27
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Quote:
Quote:
Thanks lads, for your concern over my MAF sensor. In fact I ordered one for £29 from e-bay
, fitted it last night, and after a short test run, just to check it didn't make the car play up, I went to work with it today. Whereas previously, the car responded slowly and reluctantly to the accelerator, like I had 3 Sumo wrestlers occupying the other seats, today it responded far better. So much more responsive, that on my way home, it was such a fine evening, I took a detour, through the Lake District, over the Windermere Ferry, over Kirkstone, and back along the shores of Ullswater. On the twisting, humpy, hilly roads, I was at last able to appreciate the tractability of the engine, and its surprising agility and suppleness. A couple of days ago, I would have been worn out through rowing it on the gearshift, and have cramp in my clutch leg! However, it would be nice to have a few more BHP on tap for when some *wa* in an Audi (they have taken over from BMW drivers) comes flashing his lights up my chuff on the M6 up Shap, when I am overtaking 2 trucks doing a 3-mile overtake, so I am checking half term dates for another trip to Tyneside - this time in the Rover!

HI Andrew
Do you please have the ebay number or link of the said £29.00 MAF, also please keep us informed how it performs over the coming weeks /months, a few members have tried aftermarket MAF's and they tend to flake out over a short period, hopefully yours may last longer.

ad altiora tendo.

Old 2nd February 2018, 19:14   #28
Comfortably Numb
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/Rover-75-MG....c100005.m1851 This is the same item (same make/ code on it), except this comes with the hollow tipped security torx key that gets the pip-centred torx screws out. Mine came fitted into a complete filter connection body, from a different company who I can't find now, called London.car.parts. So far so good. I heard the Bosch one doesn't last that long, so I'll take the risk!
Old 2nd February 2018, 23:48   #29
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Quote:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/Rover-75-MG....c100005.m1851 This is the same item (same make/ code on it), except this comes with the hollow tipped security torx key that gets the pip-centred torx screws out. Mine came fitted into a complete filter connection body, from a different company who I can't find now, called London.car.parts. So far so good.
Quote:
I heard the Bosch one doesn't last that long, so I'll take the risk!

Hi Andrew.
I do not know where you heard that the Bosch doesn't last long? most of the MAF's on our cars are the original ones and have covered 120,000 or more and are 12-15 yrs old I know the one on my tourer was 12yr old and covered 131,000.

Bosch MAF code is 0928-400-520, the insert will have or should have the following ( F00c 2G2 029 ) stamped on it.

The 0928-400-357 bmw/merc, I think and will over fuel a little but that to must be a Bosch original most of the after market ones will be Chinese.

Hopefully I am wrong and yours last for quite a while, but please report back over the coming months to let us know.

ad altiora tendo.