Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > S525 OVP The Club Car
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

View Poll Results: What Colour Scheme / Finish Should S525 OVP be?
'Battenberg' (Police Car) 20 12.90%
Arran White 127 81.94%
Don't Care 8 5.16%
Voters: 155. You may not vote on this poll

Old 24th June 2010, 20:06   #11
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

Has to be origional for me

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2010, 20:13   #12
Simondi
Regional Secretary

MGTF, MG ZS EV Exclusive

Thanked 3,563 Times in 1,857 Posts

I think the original colour should be kept but to be honest I would suggest not respraying. Clean it up yes but keep the original paint work, it does reflect its history which seems to be quite unique.
Simondi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2010, 20:20   #13
James.uk
Passed Away

2002 Pale Blue. Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur auto. 170K miles

RR wrote:-

>>>I knew you would be the one to answer 'don't care' James <<<

You were right Lewis. I would have preserved the best early top of the range High spec car I could find, I simply wouldn't want a basic spec car no matter what the vin was..

A 75 is a class car because it has "all the bits", take them all out, and what are you left with??? As stated, whatever it is, personally I wouldn't want it..
James.uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2010, 20:46   #14
Rabett_Rover
This is my second home

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simondi View Post
I think the original colour should be kept but to be honest I would suggest not respraying. Clean it up yes but keep the original paint work, it does reflect its history which seems to be quite unique.

I have been lucky enough to see the car first hand as I have on 2 occasions, the paintwork is very bad! It is a mixture of Dover and Arran White, There are a couple of Bare metal scratches and the removal of the original 'Police car Livery' has caused damage to the paint work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James.uk View Post
RR wrote:-

>>>I knew you would be the one to answer 'don't care' James <<<

You were right Lewis. I would have preserved the best early top of the range High spec car I could find, I simply wouldn't want a basic spec car no matter what the vin was..

A 75 is a class car because it has "all the bits", take them all out, and what are you left with??? As stated, whatever it is, personally I wouldn't want it..
I can read your mind
Rabett_Rover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2010, 21:17   #15
Simondi
Regional Secretary

MGTF, MG ZS EV Exclusive

Thanked 3,563 Times in 1,857 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabett_Rover View Post
I have been lucky enough to see the car first hand as I have on 2 occasions, the paintwork is very bad! It is a mixture of Dover and Arran White, There are a couple of Bare metal scratches and the removal of the original 'Police car Livery' has caused damage to the paint work.
Perhaps a little too unique then.
Simondi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2010, 23:22   #16
WIDE LOAD
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T CDTi, MGF 1.8i

I think matt black with tints and spinners would stand out

Or Arran White would be nice if you prefer.
WIDE LOAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2010, 04:34   #17
Roverowner
Retired

CDTi Tourer 2005

As original as pos. Donīt -tart it up- Remember that the neglect is also a part of itīs history. Just make sure it doesnīt get any worse. If it gets tarted up then youīve lost the point. Iīve seen it doen so many times. Once youīve sprayed it itīs changed and will look like every other well kept Arron White car. If the paintwork is really that bad then get it done so that the paint is as good as you can get and then maybe do the battenburg to make it really presentable and -stand out-. The Battenburg is a bit of itīs history.

This very basic car must be rare in itīs self. Of course was made as a luxury car but the main thing about the 75 is the shape. Then after that the -pipe and slipper- bit. It will have to be about 40 before itīs -worth- anything. My Volvo 144 from 67 is totally unmolested. 50 thousand miles and all the small scratches and a rust spot are there. Just the same as when the clock stopped in 1990 (when I bought it). The 140 club here thought I should tart it up with all the extras etc but that would have destroyed itīs character. (I left the club) You can see that itīs totally original without looking too hard. People ask me if itīs been resprayed, and then you can see that it hasnīt. Time warp c:a 1970-75. Now that itīs 43 Iīve been offtered 4 times what I gave for it.

Iīm going to keep my pre-prod -luxury- saloon as it is. Luckily no-one has mucked it about and there arenīt too many dings and no rust. VIN 1149, before OVP and probably the oldest LHD car

Last edited by Roverowner; 17th August 2011 at 18:01..
Roverowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2010, 07:42   #18
baconbuttyman
Banned

isnt there someone on here who could spray it at cost, if we all chipped in what little we could afford that would help restor it when the time came

ohj and the original color would be best. its not justr original color, its a traditional classic car look too
baconbuttyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2010, 13:16   #19
James.uk
Passed Away

2002 Pale Blue. Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur auto. 170K miles

You could always paint red spots on it and hide it up a cherry tree...
James.uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2010, 10:11   #20
allegroman
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer CDT Club SE: BRG, Deep Sea Green and plenty of options

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roverowner View Post
My Volvo 144 from 67 is totally unmolested. 50 thousand miles and all the small scratches and a rust spot are there. Just the same as when the clock stopped in 1990 (when I bought it). The 140 club here thought I should tart it up with all the extras etc but that would have destroyed itīs character. (I left the club) You can see that itīs totally original without looking too hard. People ask me if itīs been resprayed, and then you can see that it hasnīt. Time warp c:a 1970-75. Now that itīs 43 Iīve been offtered 4 times what I gave for it.
Lovely Volvo!