Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 2nd April 2020, 14:53   #11
mirage110
Regular poster

mg zt diesel, mg ztt 190se

Hi brian, the old girl was struggling to start months ago, hot or cold some days fine other days took ages, but it was getting worse over time 3-4 weeks...

then she just refused to start, turning over and over, im lucky i have a second car so the old girl has been parked up for several months....

now ive got time off from work i thought id give things a try, hence start with the pump, im not the most mech minded and with no garages at my disposal.

not much luck today, ive now ordered the correct pump, she might start she might not?, if not then i will have to decide if i want to spend garage pounds on her or bite the bullet and move her on, ive read the many posts on here on non starting diesels, but thought i would give the pump ago and be lucky.......
mirage110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2020, 20:24   #12
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage110 View Post
Hi brian, the old girl was struggling to start months ago, hot or cold some days fine other days took ages, but it was getting worse over time 3-4 weeks...

then she just refused to start, turning over and over, im lucky i have a second car so the old girl has been parked up for several months....

now ive got time off from work i thought id give things a try, hence start with the pump, im not the most mech minded and with no garages at my disposal.

not much luck today, ive now ordered the correct pump, she might start she might not?, if not then i will have to decide if i want to spend garage pounds on her or bite the bullet and move her on, ive read the many posts on here on non starting diesels, but thought i would give the pump ago and be lucky.......
Nick, have you checked the plenum, and made sure the ECM hasn't been swimming?

You can see if the fuel pump power supply is present, by connecting an multimeter to check for 12v on the white and purple wire, this will be there for over 30 seconds after switching the ignition to position two and not starting

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2020, 08:58   #13
mirage110
Regular poster

mg zt diesel, mg ztt 190se

Morning brian... thanks for your reply.. as the old girls been stood i havent checked the drain yet... why have i forgot this, the most darn important thing to check.

i will have to invest in a multi meter, as i said before im not mech minded, and have VERY limited tools, with that said ive utterly enjoyed being out there and attempting doing easier jobs on her.

This forum and people like you with the knowledge of these wonderful cars gives me the confidence to try and do some DIY.

Years ago i would have scrapped the mg, i had total disasters when attempting any work, i had a short fuse and very limited time so rushed everything with dire concequencies.

Now im older and wiser and have loads of time on my hands im determinded to get the old girl on the road again!. Plus with the experience im gaining it should help me with my other mg which i purchased last year which is under going an interior change to neptune blue, it seems to be in a million and one bits at the moment with various bits and pieces in the car, shed and loft. ive got 90% of the interior and im just after a few more bits... Not sure if it will look right or not but its just an idea ive had.. the car is a 2003 mg ztt 190se in nocturn with 48000k. it has the wooden monogram dash with the white oxford leather seats, but the seats dont really match in my opinion.. so hence the neptune with sandstone bits and pieces, ive lots of original ideas for the interior which when completed i will take to one of the clubs meets.

As for the exterior, thats in wonderful condition and my trade being a valeter shes at work going though a full 6 stage paint correction, very very time consuming but the results (ive done passenger side) are quite stunning, being a darker colour really reflects the light. so ive got plenty to keep me going!..

Once again a big thankyou to you and all the other members in this excellent club who contribute to guys like me who have very little knowledge of mech and tech.
mirage110 is offline   Reply With Quote