Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts
Default Why am I not surprised?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-52092395
Old 31st March 2020, 18:02   #2
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Surely not? sub standard tat from China you say?

Who would have guessed

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2020, 18:32   #3
wraymond
I will find or make a way

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Brilliant!

Create a demand.-------------------------------------Make the market.
Offer service tools.------------------------------------Make the market.
Control supply patents to limit competition.---------Make the market.
Control pricing.----------------------------------------Make the market.
How to succeed in business without really trying.

Last edited by wraymond; 31st March 2020 at 18:34..
wraymond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2020, 06:36   #4
cantabro75
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Conn SE 2004

yes, but to be fair, in Spain the Chinesse Embassy has send a list of supliers, some one from our Health Department has think " better i search " like others. ( maybe in aliexpress or Dhgate!).and the resoult is tet we got 950.000 test good for nothing.

Chinesse has to give lot of explains for the " virus" but Eurpean stupid Govermanets has made a real mess also, we have to pay here the stupid incompetence of our Prime Minister Mr Pedro Sanchez and his mates,

I am working as we have transfor our factory to made mask and protective equipement, you an only see police and army on the street and roads, i have never seems something similar.the motorway at 07:30 am normaly is full,,now in 40 kilometers 3 cars,,,,,

Population is doing really well, very disciplimate , but our politic are really a Garbage

Take care , beliveme, take care.
Old 1st April 2020, 09:29   #5
AndyN01
This is my second home

Toyota RAV4

Thanked 1,579 Times in 968 Posts

I hope that there are serious financial claw back clauses for supplying duff stuff.

But I doubt it.

What makes the patently obvious to many so invisible to some - usually those "higher up" in the decision making process?

Maybe a global "we don't want stuff from China" might be a thought. And as for letting them anywhere near any infrastructure......

Oh, look, pigs flying past my windows.

Andy.

Last edited by AndyN01; 1st April 2020 at 09:32..
AndyN01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2020, 10:29   #6
euro44
Avid contributor

mg zt-t 226th made from total of 396

Default empire of the dragon

Western politicians don't study world history, china regards itself and its population as the only civilization ever. They plan for next century not next week and if there are setbacks to their plans, they believe it does not matter if it takes another century because the final goal will be reached eventually. the final aim has been the same ever since the first emperor united the country. to control all other races as subservient to the chin. Having a communist government is no different to an emperor, they may do things slightly different but the end result is always the same. We in the west think we are more clever and our tech will keep us ahead, wrong.
euro44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2020, 12:16   #7
cantabro75
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Conn SE 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by euro44 View Post
Western politicians don't study world history, china regards itself and its population as the only civilization ever. They plan for next century not next week and if there are setbacks to their plans, they believe it does not matter if it takes another century because the final goal will be reached eventually. the final aim has been the same ever since the first emperor united the country. to control all other races as subservient to the chin. Having a communist government is no different to an emperor, they may do things slightly different but the end result is always the same. We in the west think we are more clever and our tech will keep us ahead, wrong.
Totaly agree, 10.000 years History, they are not stupid, and yes Comunist is the new Imperial Dinasty
Old 1st April 2020, 12:47   #8
AndyN01
This is my second home

Toyota RAV4

Thanked 1,579 Times in 968 Posts

And for anyone who thinks that the Chinese can only produce tat have a look at how they made earthquake safe buildings around 2,500 years ago.

https://gineersnow.com/industries/25...rthquake-proof

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w78Yb_aotH0

There's a difference between what you want to do/will do and what you might do/try to get away with/sabotage depending upon the recipient.

Andy.
AndyN01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2020, 13:08   #9
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

I have always believed that an organisation is only as strong as its weakest link and as long as there are companies out there who are only interested in making money, they will do just that. No thought for repeat business from satisfied customers etc. Sell/make/buy it cheap, throw it away when it breaks, sell/buy another. Trying to find good quality items these days is like looking for a needle in a haystack. It just annoys me when lives are at stake when the items become dangerous without warning. I looked on Argos recall page recently and saw stacks of recalled items with safety issues. I then looked at B&Q recalls and found similar! How many of us have dangerous items due to shoddy workmanship or materials. Spare parts for cars are a prime example. Buy cheap, buy twice (assuming that you live to tell the tale).

Last edited by roverbarmy; 1st April 2020 at 13:12..
roverbarmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2020, 05:03   #10
egremont
Loves to post

Rover 75 Connoisseur SE. Auto. Saloon. SE

Default COVID-19, A little hope.

A little bit of hope from down under that may interest you.

A couple of days ago our local T.V. news had a segment on COVID-19 and the Australian Synchrotron (located here in Melbourne). The synchrotron enabled scientists to capture magnified images of the atoms making up the crucial protein, and build a virtual model of the exact structure and shape of COVID-19.

To speed up potential new treatments, researchers have released their discovery (known as Nsp9) to the world so it can be accessed by international laboratories.

After producing a 3D map of the protein COVID-19, the scientists are working to design a drug to stop the pandemic disease. It’s hoped that a drug can be designed to bind to Nsp9’s shape to potentially block COVID-19 from replicating.

Scientists at the CSIRO’s animal testing laboratory in Geelong here in Victoria are in the first stage of clinical trials using ferrets. They hope that after testing vaccines in animals they will be raced into human trials “later this month”.

Footnote: “CSIRO” is the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation – an Australian Federal Government agency responsible for scientific research. CSIRO works with leading organisations around the world.
I sometimes watch a TV show concerning our border security. I am staggered that some incoming overseas visitors can claim they have no food in their possession, and yet when customs open their bags there are quantities of prohibited items. Of course, it is another’s fault. In some cases there are crawlies in the animal /vegetable matter. This could decimate our agricultural industries. But do they care?
egremont is offline   Reply With Quote