Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 11th November 2019, 15:32   #41
Allegroboi
Posted a thing or two

2.0 CDTi Tourer Connie SE auto Royal Blue/Dorchester red connie V6 with Aubergine interior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick-sta
it felt like a huge privilege to be displaying the car at the event representing the club.

Thank you again for having us on the club stand
I can whole heartedly concur with Ricksta on this, I also felt privileged to be able to display my car on the club stand. I think I had the easy bit, I would like to thank those who worked behind the scenes prior to the show to make it happen. I never heard one negative word about our cars or the stand for that matter. What was also interesting was how many other clubs used Rovers or MGs as their support/back up vehicles. A great but tiring weekend. There were a few people who said that they wished to buy my car (it's not for sale, yet), but no money was offered, but I think they do this as they loved the cars that were displayed, and if this encourages them to go out and get their own 75 or ZT then it was worth being there.

Having been there for the whole weekend it was great to meet the guys behind the forum user names, and get to know them, we have the common interest in the cars, but we were able to get to know more about each other.

The photos of my car make it look Brown, but that is the lighting at the NEC therefore I had trouble convincing some people that it was Dorchester red
Old 11th November 2019, 19:36   #42
Teflon
This is my second home

Lagoon 2.0 V6 75 Conn SE Saloon

Thanked 2,920 Times in 1,570 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allegroboi View Post
[QUOTE..........The photos of my car make it look Brown, but that is the lighting at the NEC therefore I had trouble convincing some people that it was Dorchester red
My wife thought your car was brown, but I explained it was just the lighting and it was really British Racing Green . To be fair though, I am colour blind! I also informed her I wanted a Deep Sea Green interior like yours (yup, got that wrong too) .

A lovely looking car though (whatever colour it might be). It looked right a home on the club stand.

Cliff

No. 4 of 6
Teflon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2019, 20:16   #43
RoyOutram

MG ZT

This was the first time I have met any members of the club and I was made extremely welcome without exception. Thanks for your kind help and advice on technical matters ( including navigating the website Reebs, Thanks a lot). And what beautiful cars!! Roy Outram
RoyOutram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2019, 20:24   #44
RoyOutram

MG ZT

Thanks for your informed advice on one or two matters Rick. I was there Friday morning and appreciated our chat. Your car is unbelievable!! Roy Outram
RoyOutram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2019, 21:57   #45
Allegroboi
Posted a thing or two

2.0 CDTi Tourer Connie SE auto Royal Blue/Dorchester red connie V6 with Aubergine interior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teflon View Post
My wife thought your car was brown, but I explained it was just the lighting and it was really British Racing Green . To be fair though, I am colour blind! I also informed her I wanted a Deep Sea Green interior like yours (yup, got that wrong too) .

A lovely looking car though (whatever colour it might be). It looked right a home on the club stand.

Cliff
That made me laugh, thank you for your kind comments too
Old 3rd April 2020, 13:33   #46
swanny
Avid contributor

MG ZT - 260

Great to see my old car on the stand. It looks fantastic and is a credit to you!

Paul
swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2020, 18:27   #47
Allegroboi
Posted a thing or two

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanny View Post
Great to see my old car on the stand. It looks fantastic and is a credit to you!

Paul
I have had her 9 years now Paul, and still only just done 44,000 miles
Old 3rd April 2020, 19:06   #48
Rick-sta
This is my second home

MG ZT 2.0 CDTI+ in Typhoon, MG TF 135 in Typhoon & Rover 75 Connoisseur CDTI SE in Pearl Black

Thanked 2,827 Times in 1,462 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyOutram View Post
Thanks for your informed advice on one or two matters Rick. I was there Friday morning and appreciated our chat. Your car is unbelievable!! Roy Outram
You're welcome Roy, and thank you
How to restore cloudy projector headlights Link
Rick-sta is offline   Reply With Quote